Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel
US$101
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Roker Hotel, BW Premier Collection(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$88
Travelodge Sunderland High Street West(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
    Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
    US$86
    Priceline
    Premier Inn Sunderland City Centre(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
    US$81
    PremierInn.com
    • Restaurant
    Premier Inn Sunderland A19/A1231 Hotel(Sunderland)(Great Value!)
    • Restaurant
    Seaham Hall(Seaham)
    US$425
    US$105
    US$88
    Travelocity
    All reviewsrestaurant next doorliberty brownsretail parkstayed herebudget hotelbreakfast is servedlady on receptionon arrivalample parkingtop floorcomfortable bedexcellent value for moneyfamily roomcouldn't do enoughcity centreinnscosta
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 6 November 2011

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting relatives in the area, a very pleasant stay, comfortable bed and an extremely efficient shower! There were a couple of minor issues which I raised on the comments slip at the end of our stay - 5 coat hangers for 2 people is woefully inadequate; one of the drawers was rather dirty on the inside; the duvet cover was too small for the duvet, and wouldn't fasten at the end.

We didn't eat at the Orleans restaurant but we did have a drink there on the Friday evening, this wasn't an enjoyable experience as the bar area had been taken over by a group of extremely noisy men, presumably football fans there for the Saturday match. There were no free seats at the bar and the tables had been set for meals, the barman wasn't too keen for us to sit at a table presumably for this reason but there was no other choice. I don't think I'll be going in there again!

A word of warning about finding the place - Premier Inn kindly emailed us directions and they really are needed, as the satnav takes you to the wrong place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quieter side away from the main road if you're a light sleeper. It's an extremely busy dual carriageway.
    • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 1 October 2011

I spent a week at the Premier Inn with my family as my son was about to settle in University. The room was spacious, clean and the main bed was extremely comfortable and huge. What struck me most was the wonderful assistance I got from the hotel staff at all times and their friendliness to me and my family, not only from reception staff but also from the maintenance and cleaning personnel. Their customer service is highly applauded! Well Done and many thanks.
    I would also like to highlight that the food is brilliant at The Orleans restaurant next to the hotel and the service was always above standard and very pleasant.

Room Tip: The main bed in my family room was huge and extremely comfortable!
    • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
    gmsunnw, Manager at Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We pride ourselves on offering a clean and efficient hotel to all our guests, in particular with our service levels. I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be the way you would have hoped and more. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Sunderland.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Room was bigger than most Premier inns, I have stayed in. The whole place had a really nice sort of talcum powder smell to it. The restaurant next door, The Old Orleans didn't look much outside but much better inside. Our waiter John Paul was very pleasant. I am very finicky about what I eat and John Paul made sure my food was exactly as I asked for it to be server. Back to the hotel and we had a very comfortable sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011
    Reviewed 26 August 2011

I travelled to Sunderland with my son for an open day at the University. After a 5 hour drive it was comforting to be greeted with a friendly smile from Sian and her colleague on reception. Our room was clean and comfortable but we had a double bed instead of two singles. Whilst the room was immediately twinned, Sian made us a coffee and chatted with us about the local area.
    The hotel was easy to find, the restaurant served good food and it was quiet at night. My son and I had a pleasant stay at this hotel and I will return when I visit him in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
    Reviewed 22 August 2011

staff brilliant food lovely service great ill be back

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends