“Not bad at all”

Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Sunderland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Ok can only say one bad thing, the room was not that big, but it was clean, the staff were good. And next door is one of the best restaurants I have have food at next to the hotel yet. And was I in a bad area I have no idea, but I got to the hotel after a 14 hour day at work in my van full of kit. And 5 times between. My check in and going to bed I seen a security van patrolling the car park. And when at 3.15am i was having a fag and cup of tea before I left at 3.30am there was the security van patrolling again. So was happy to have my van parked there with my tools in

Room Tip: One night stops I never sleep well, Rommel was small and a older style. But was very clean and care...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
gmsunnw, Manager at Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We do take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, and the team constantly strive to deliver excellent service at all times. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very helpful staff. Clean room. As the weather was warm and humid a thoughtful touch was a lovely white sheet which was left as an option to use instead of the duvet. An electric fan was also in the room.
Very limited tea and coffee available in room although I'm sure more would be made available if requested from reception

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
gmsunnw, Manager at Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Fantastic stay at the Sunderland North West Hotel. Two fantastic women on reception who made us feel very welcome. Attended to our every needs. Two lovely women who helped us with every aspect. I was very happy with my stay and if I do visit Sunderland again there is nowhere else I would stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank joseph_preston

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed in this travel lodge for my daughters graduation
And I found the staff especially paula very very helpful which helped our day go with no hitches. Extremely good value and found the accommodation very pleasing

2  Thank Lynne B

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived the staff didn't bother to come to the check in desk and left us waiting for at least 5 minutes!
When we arrived into the room, on a whole it looked clean although it was obvious someone else had been in the room previously as litter was left in the room.
The towels and bedding has a 'sticky' coat on them and the bed was highly uncomfortable.
It was fine for one night but I certainly won't be going back there again.
You get what you pay for I suppose! 4/10.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Anna F
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here on a living social voucher. We had a family room for 4 people and can say that the room was very small for that amount of people. The bathroom was also very tiny. Did not get a very good nights sleep due to the room being so hot. There is no air conditioning , only a fan in the room which we had on full blast and left the window open but still very hot. With having to leave the window open there was an awful lot of traffic noise throughout the night. Also the room above was very noisy with what appeared to be a small children running around from 5am making quite a racket. Also had problems with lock on the room door not locking had to get reception to fix it. We had a B&B room but the breakfast was diabolical. There was hardy any choice of food which was cold and greasy. My wife order poached eggs which were not cooked properly and very runny, even the second lot they sent her was just as bad. The coffee was cold and hot water for tea also cold, not replenished very often. I found that the sausages were that tough you could not get your knife to cut them. However there was one plus point, my wife made a complaint about the standard of the room and the food and she was given a full refund. I have stayed in many Premier Inns in the past and always found them of very good standard,, but unfortunately this one did not come up to scratch. However this will not stop me using them again I will not be staying here again and will chose another local Premier Inn in future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights whilst we attended my sons graduation. My daughter is a wheelchair user and has complex needs. Our room was spacious and comfortable and I found the bathroom to be very well equipped and easy to use. The staff on reception (especially Paula) were very pleasant and helpful..nothing was too much trouble for them. This made for a very stress-free, enjoyable stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
gmsunnw, Manager at Premier Inn Sunderland North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We do take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, and the team constantly strive to deliver excellent service at all times. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed you're stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.