“Egyptlicious!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Washington
“Egyptlicious!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I came for the first time with my husband and two friends on a Saturday night a few weeks ago and I can say without a doubt we will be back. The decor is fantastic and we felt we were in Egypt! The food was delicious, my husband had the mixed grill but struggled to finish it due to massive portion size! We shared the Mezze which was lovely, and I can recommend the chicken shawarma for main. One of the highlights was seeing the staff wish someone a happy birthday by singing and playing drums. There was a great atmosphere overall and we all had a fantastic night. The staff are all lovely and friendly, and one Egyptian guy (I think he was called Sheref) really helped make our night. I have never met such an attentive waiter, nothing was too much trouble and he always had a smile on his face! Can't wait to visit again, possibly for my husbands birthday next month so we can hear the drums again! Well done to all, it is do nice to have such a deferent restaurant instead of usual Italian and Indian.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Kathywilson1975

sunderland
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Visited here on Saturday night 09.08.14 with my partner after hearing great reviews from friends and colleagues. First impressions were great: beautiful decor, lovely smells coming from the kitchen and nice clean toilets. We ordered a drink in the waiting area which was brought quickly and our orders were placed from here. After 10 minutes or so we were taken to our seats, I literally was in the process of taking off my jacket and the starters was served, this was far too quick. I had ordered the Foul Medames hot mezze which was literally a large bowl of warmed houmous (it may not have been chick peas but the taste and consistency was exactly the same), it didn't come with any bread and it wasn't reccomended when I ordered so I had to request some, I have never eaten egyptian food before so maybes this was how it was supposed to be, but had I known, I'd have never ordered that dish. I love houmous, but a large bowl full is too much. Halfway through eating our starters the mains were served, again, this was far too quick - they were left on the table which was overcrowded by this point. Whilst the food was edible, I felt my dish was pre cooked and warmed up, I ordered the Egyptian Fatta. My partner ordred the Tikka chicken from the charcoal grill, and while the chicken was cooked nicely, it was nothing more than a few pieces of chicken, bread and a couple of dips. The staff were very nice, the restaurant itself is lovely and the bill came to £38 , which for 4 drinks, 2 starters and 2 mains is VERY reasonable, but to be honest I don't think it was worth much more. Maybes I'm being too critical but I am an avid traveller and foodie and I am very specific in how I like my food to be, most importantly fresh and I don't feel this was the case with Arabesque. I also felt very rushed and was in and out of the restaurant in an hour so didn't feel valued at all. I won't be rushing back - sorry.

2 Thank rspsb
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and weren't disappointed the décor was good and the staff very friendly and helpful. There was a very good choice on the menu and the portion sizes were big. I had the mixed grill and my wife and son had the parmesan chicken and after the Halloumi starter we just couldn't finish it all! I would definitely go again, great atmosphere, great food and great service from a very pretty waitress. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Jim B
“Wifes birthday”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

A belated birthday meal with wife, son and daughter-in-law. Booked early 6:30pm, nice welcome inside, and attentive service. Decor is perfect, Egyptian feel and tastefully done. Shown to table upstairs, already quite a few tables full, by 7:30 place very full. Ordered food helped by waitress, shared starters which were very nice and fresh. Main meals arrived, all looking tasty and good portions, i had a Shawarer (think thats what it was called), lamb and chicken pieces on Egyptian bread with Egyptian rice and 2 dips. All very nice. The staff surprised my wife with a chorus of Happy Birthday with Egyptian drum accompaniment, and a chocolate birthday cake. Great of the staff to do this. All in all a great night out, great place, great food. Loved it.

1 Thank mackem73
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Great new offering in City”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

First time here and we were very impressed. Nice decor, good welcome and great food. A different offering in the city and just what is needed. Good value too for what we had, a mezze to share and meat from the barbecue grill. Well worth a visit as atmosphere good too

Visited August 2014