“For quality and value, this would be extremly difficult to beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Little India

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“For quality and value, this would be extremly difficult to beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Visited this restaurant last night with my family - for a double birthday celebration. I would endorse other comments on here that the food was absolutely superb and definately the best Indian food I have ever tasted - it was cooked to perfection, well presented and there was lots of it. We had our young grandson with us (aged 5), this was no problem at all and I think he has found a taste for Indian food - crab cakes, followed by Punjabi rice and Lamb rogan josh! For my part I would recommend the little India mixed grill - which camed served on a sizzling platter and actually with accompaniments would have been enough for two people. The service was steady and unintrusive - which gave us space to enjoy a family meal in lovely settings with a nice view over the river. With house wine at £7.95 a bottle - you could not really go wrong here - we will definately make this a regular eating place. Thank you x

• Visited August 2014

Sunderland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Visited Little India simply to try it out after hearing good reports. I must say it was better than I had expected. The service and particularly the food was nothing less than top class. Having visited restaurants all over the world, I can rank it among my top ten! Four adults eating a three course meal complete with several drinks for less than £80 is excellent value. It also has perfect setting overlooking the River Wear.

• Visited July 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“GREAT MEAL IN AN IDEAL SETTING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Took my family to try out a new Indian Restaurant in South Hylton, Sunderland. It ranks with the best Indian food I have ever tasted. And so say all my family. Friendly, clean, very good service and a perfect setting overlooking the River Wear. All of this at a very reasonable cost. Three courses plus drinks averaged at less than £20 per head.

• Visited June 2014