“I shall return!”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Durham, United Kingdom
“I shall return!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Our first visit was Absolutely splendid. A restaurant I shall defiantly be visiting again. Food was Mmmmmmm. View was Ahhhhhhh and the service was just great! Thank you, see you again, very soon.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank L H

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“One of my safe italian restaurants”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I like going here for a meal, you are always assured of a warm welcome from Costas. The food is always the same high standard. My favourite s the chicken inferno which never changes - its reliable and clean so never any concerns

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Millyannpie
Durham
“Excellent Sunday lunch!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was recently at the Marina Vista Ristorante in Roker with my wife, after being recommended by friends of ours who had been there for Sunday lunch before and highly commended it. Upon entry to the restaurant, we were left to wait for 5 minutes for a table, which did not disappoint us as we are aware that this is customary for most busy carvery offerings. Overall, the waiting time was satisfying and the table we received (a small table for two) was very quaint and set to the left of the restaurant.
As a starter I had a prawn cocktail which was superb. The only complaint I had was the salad which was dry in some parts and not very well presented in comparison with the prawns. I also had a carvery which was excellent and the beef on offer was succulent and rich. Such a tasty carvery was not expected at an Italian Restaurant however I was pleasantly surprised.
The service was overall very good, the restaurant floor was managed very well by the manager Kostas and his staff were very polite and friendly. The girl behind the bar was very cheerful and efficient and drinks were provided very promptly. We were served by a young man named James who was extremely attentive yet not too intrusive, he made sure that we were enjoying our meals and that we had everything that we needed without pushing us or interrupting our meal.
Overall a very good visit indeed.

4 Thank Paul John L
Sunderland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An accidental visit.”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Friends came to visit. We looked for somewhere to eat and wanted to have a look at the seafront. Whilst considering a restaurant nearby. Then we remembered there was a restaurant at the top of the 'Marina building' In we went up the stairs as we didn't realise there was a lift. We entered and were greeted by Adam. He asked if we had reservations, we didn't. No problem. He asked 'would this table be suitable?' It was. We sat and were given the menus and the normal requests for drinks whilst ordering. We had the Pollo Campagnola, Pollo Bella Vista and the Pollo Milanese. With Bruschetta starter. We asked about the 'Chips' they were fresh potatoes peeled and fried. Immediately we asked for 'brown well done chips!' they arrived with the meal. Brown, nutty and gorgeous. Everything was tasty, full of great flavours and done to a turn. The ambiance was lovely and friendly, the service second to non. All served up in little time. The waiters were attentive but not intrusive. We all agreed we would definitely be back. Non of us had ever been in before. It was great value for money. Most important the 'Happy Hour' menu runs all night from Sunday to Thursday. I would say, if you haven't been try it. Ask for the lift at the reception to save you the stairs. Adam the headwaiter was excellent throughout.

1 Thank David M
“Service dreadful, only interested in regular customers!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had our first visit after it was recommended by someone at work who goes regularly.

We booked a table and arrived on time, after standing for 5 mins we had to approach a waitress to ask where to sit.

We were not given a menu or asked if we wanted any drinks. We stopped a waiter to ask for drinks, he was then told off by the manager for not setting up a table for regulars!!

When we finished our meals they took the plates quickly without asking if we wanted drinks or dessert menu. So we simply went to the bar and paid.

Most of the time there we did see the manager sitting with people he knew. Sums this place up to me and nowi realise why some people keep going back, however I wont be.

If you value good customer service please think twice!

1 Thank willi3g