“Another one to add to my list”
Review of Martinos

Martinos
Ranked #58 of 458 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Busy Italian Restaurant with large bar/lounge area located a stones throw from the beach. Open daily from 10am - 11pm serving a good choice of popular Italian cuisine. Lunch is served between 12 - 4pm and dinner is served from 5 - 11pm. Traditional Sunday lunch is served from 12 - 5pm. Starters are priced from £2.95 to £7.95, Mains from £3.95 to £23.95 and Desserts start from £3.95. Kids are more than welcome and kids meals are £3.95 with "Kids Eat Free" offers running daily. The restaurant is very spacious with both open and intimate areas making it the ideal venue for large parties or intimate meals.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

As the title says, this is another restaurant to put on my list of 'will visit again'. I haven't been here since it first opened some years ago. On that occasion we had very poor service. Thankfully I am very pleased to say that is no longer the case.

Since my hubby retired we eat lunch out fairly regularly and we found ourselves at Seaburn on Wednesday 13th August. Looking for somewhere handy to have lunch (wanted to be away from the rain) we popped into Martino's. It was only 12.15pm but the restaurant was already pretty busy. We took this as a good sign.

We were seated very promptly, shown the menu and asked if we wanted any drinks. Hubby had a pint of John Smith's and I just had a jug of water (on meds). We ordered soup and potato skins for starters and pepperoni pizzas for mains. All the food was prompt and was very good considering it was from the £4.95 three course special menu. We finished with coffee. The choice on this menu is limited but more than adequate for a lunchtime. The bill was £12.70 + tip.

The service was exemplary and the food was too. We will definitely visit again for lunch and may even come back and try the evening menu. Our waitress was pregnant and said she only had a few weeks to go. She was lovely, and we wish her well with her new baby. She is definitely an asset to Martino's.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Thus is the first time I've tried Martinos in Seaburn, it won't be the last.
A family Sunday lunch where everyone gets their favourite including dessert with clean plates all around us a rare thing. That's exactly what happened, delicious food, friendly and very helpful staff good prices and nice surroundings.
All in all a great Sunday afternoon without breaking the bank.

1  Thank cazdad
Reviewed 5 August 2014

been on a few occasions, service has always been first class, never had anything to complain about which is excellent considering there are several very good Italian restaurants in the area

1  Thank keefr1952
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our 3rd visit to this restaurant, we have always found the staff to be very helpful and friendly with excellent service. Great food at a reasonable price.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Having spent a Saturday afternoon at martinos with my wife for lunch you would think that I'd have nothing to write about. We have been here on several occasions in the past and all was good until our last visit. On entering this eatery we found it to be very quiet for a Saturday afternoon so we had a choice of tables. We choose the booth area next to the restaurant doors and sat down noticing an elderly couple sitting in the booth behind us. Drinks and food were ordered and delivered at speed but through my entire 45 minute visit I had a large ginger man who I think was the restaurant manager sitting behind me with the elderly couple talking absolute rubbish in a very loud voice. This restaurant was pretty empty and all I could hear was him droning on about anything and everything,a bit of an expert on parking laws and bus turning circles. I understand about customer service as I am in the industry myself but to talk so loud and for so long might just be the reason the place was dead. I enjoy the food and you can't go wrong with the prices but I left with something I hadn't ordered,a headache.

4  Thank jonstirzaker