“Nice Place To Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Broxbourne
london
“Nice Place To Stay”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here was nice but quilt was thin and the heating was a blow heater and made lots of noise stayed at devere for half the price the following night and was better.
Nice pool and friendly reception staff down side you have to pay for parking and bathroom a bit dated

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night as a groupon package for my birthday, I had heard that when you go as part of a cheap package your not as well taken care of but that wasn't the case at all.
The staff was very friendly at dinner the executive chef came out to see if everything was good with our meals, he learnt it was my birthday and cooked us his signature dish which was gorgeous and free!! All the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and seemed like they really wanted you to have a good experience at there hotel. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfy. I will be returning and hopefully for longer than 1 night next time.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in November and everything was brilliant. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful, the food delicious although perhaps slightly pricy and the rooms were what we expected of a 4* hotel in the UK.

We used the pool which was lovely and clean, we had it to ourselves which was even better.

The hotel was very quiet when we stayed which was perfect, I imagine it could be difficult to get a decent seat in the bar or restaurant if the hotel was full (obviously not a problem when we stayed but they were both fairly small).

Would love to stay again.

Stayed November 2013
Norwich
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have stayed at the Marriot Cheshunt several times over the last seven years and have always been happy with our stay. its a great place to stay for a weekend in London. Easy access to the M25 and trains into Liverpool Street
The staff are always pleasant and polite, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the pool is an added bonus.
The Breakfast is always good and a evening meal in the restaurant is a great way to finish the day.
On several occasions we have had to jog their memory at front desk about the final checkout. Especially if you are paying with vouchers.

Room Tip: You have to pay more to look over the "Garden". Which is only a courtyard. Might be quiete...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
CheshuntMarriott, Front Office Manager at Cheshunt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cheshunt Marriott Hotel, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the very near future. Laura Silenti, Front Desk Manager
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband recently stayed at this hotel a nice break away to get away from the strains and stresses of our lives at home. Our weekend was completely ruined by some other guest. When they accused us of stealing there mobile phone. I have never been so humiliated and embarrassed in my whole life. The guest had the police called we were not allowed to go to bed until the police arrived and when they did my husband was searched and so was our car. We didn't get to bed until 2pm. We were staying at the hotel for two nights but we're so embarrassed that we only left our room Saturday for dinner in the evening. We were looking forward to using the facilities but felt like we couldn't in case we bumped into these people again. It took us a while to save the money for this break away that was far from relaxing. I think this matter could have been dealt with by the hotel a lot better and also due to there lack of security cameras our innocents could have been proved on the spot without wasting police time on a Friday night when they have much more important things to do. Complete waste of money and our weekend. Would never go back.On a plus I would just like to add that when we did eat in the restaurant the staff were very friendly and food lovely. The beds however were extremely uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and your kind comments about the quality of food and the service from the restaurant team it is always great to hear and I have since passed this on to those on duty. In regards the unfortunate incident involving another guest, as the Police were contacted by another party we were unable to intervene at the time. If you would be good enough to contact me directly I will be more than happy to discuss the matter further .Laura Silenti, Front Office Manager - laura.silenti@marriotthotels.com

Travellers are raving about these Broxbourne hotels

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of a Groupon deal. When we arrived, the receptionist couldn't find our booking and told us that we did not have a reservation! I insisted that we did and that she spoke to whoever it was that dealt with these voucher bookings. After a while they found our reservation and blamed it on the computer system they had.
I was appalled that a hotel like the Marriot charges their guests to park their cars. It isn't very expensive to do so at £3 for 24 hours but I think it's cheeky of them. The stairs to get to the different floors smelt awful, like dirty carpets. It did make me worry about the cleanliness of the rooms.
The rooms were clean and average looking. It looked very dated and the bed was incredibly uncomfortable.
Dinner was ok. Nothing special. We had a steak for dinner, it wasn't cooked how we wanted it but it was edible and tasted nice. The service in the restaurant, however, is extremely slow. There was a charming young, tall, slim lad that had great customer service skills and made us feel welcome. Most of the others could do with speeding up a bit!!!
I wanted to go swimming but was put off with the fact that they have a monitor at reception which shows a cctv image of the pool. I didn't think this was appropriate and not very private.
I was very disappointed and have had much better nights sleep and much better service at a Premier Inn!
If anyone has been interested in the big cat experience at Paradise Wildlife Park on Groupon, I wouldn't bother. The experience itself which is supposedly worth £89 per person is shockingly poor! A bacon roll and a 45 minute tour and talk about the big cats....£89??!! Feeling let down as this was supposed to be a birthday gift for my husband! Has put me off the Marriot as a brand! I would not consider this hotel a 4 star more like a Travel Lodge with toiletries!

• Stayed November 2013
CheshuntMarriott, General Manager at Cheshunt Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we are constantly striving to improve and it is only through feedback that we are able to act an implement any necessary changes for all our guests. I was surprised to hear your feedback in regards to the park experience as we have only had positive feedback about the Big Cat Package. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the Paradise Wildlife Park who arrange the tour, talk and breakfast.
Kind regards, Ross Paton, General Manager.
London
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Used the hotel as one night stopover and making the reservation was quite straigth forward using the central reservation system. check in during the afternoon was also very straight forward with warm friendly staff. Getting to the hotel can be a bit complicated coming of the A10 going north but the Satnav was accurate.
The hotel was neat, clean and tidy and the room was comfortable if a bit on the tiny side, although spacious with a double bed, if that makes sense. The lounge and bar area was very comfortable and relaxing and well laid out and decorated. not much of a ciew of surrounding area from what i could see and Broxbourne was not visited but a 24 hr tesco was close by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback we are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Cheshunt Marriott Hotel and trust that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the very near future. Best Regards, Ross Paton, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broxbourne
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Royal Chace Hotel
Royal Chace Hotel
#2 of 5 in Enfield
Premier Inn Ware Hotel

Been to Cheshunt Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!