“Impressed”

Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Broxbourne
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed over the Mother's Day weekend and really was very happy with everything. Had a ground floor room and enjoyed a great nights sleep and didn't hear any noise at all. Bathroom was very clean and just fine for us and I am a fussy person! Breakfast was good and liked the omelette station idea. I had ham and tomato which was cooked perfectly and the guy who made it was really pleasant. Everyone was friendly from Reception staff to the Cleaning ladies. We have actually booked again for Easter weekend as we are visiting family and this time we are going to eat in the Grill Restaurant. Thanks all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I agree with a previous review and would say the rooms are basic and quite small with the bathroom being in great need of updating. The real drawback was the shower which was quite powerful once you realised the showerhead needed "playing" with but keeping it at a constant temperature was absolutely impossible - you either scalded or froze yourself.
Pedro checked us in and could not have been more charming and we only had breakfast in the restaurant but every member of staff encountered could not have been more pleasant or helpful.
Would certainly stay again so the plus's outweigh the minus's.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markstradling
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed one night and found it to be a good hotel. The staff at reception were excellent at check in and check out. The room was of a good size and was very clean. Slight downside was the television was at the side of the bed so it was hard to watch. We use three for our mobile phone provider and the signal was excellent therefore we did not need to use the hotel wifi.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I would like to commend the work of your team at the Marriott hotel Cheshunt. We held a Mother's Day event at your hotel on 29th March and the team lead by your Banquet Manager (Sam), his colleague - Jason and the rest of the staff, worked tirelessly to prepare for our event. They had such a unified approach in serving and supporting us on the day. They really did go out of their way to make it a wonderful event for all of us. Thanks so much and we look forward to visiting again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Cheshunt Saturday just gone. I have to stay, as far as hotel staff are concerned, this was the best team of staff I have come across. The Team at the Marriott were exceptional, from the receptionists, to the bar staff, the restaurant staff, managers and chefs. Everyone provided the highest level of customer service. The food was excellent too - my husband was soo impressed he said it was the best chicken he'd ever tasted! The room was also nice a big, and considering we were on the ground floor facing the front (i.e passing traffic). it was very quiet and we had a very good nights sleep. great place to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor room 5. I have never left my toddler asleep while we've left the ro...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

So, I stayed in this one for three nights and I'm never going back. To make it simple:

- The room decor is extremely dated and looks cheap
- No mini-bar in the room - not even a bottle of water
- The heating was SO noisy that I couldn't sleep. I had to turn it totally off to be able to get some rest, which means I ended up freezing all night. Should I also mention that they have ONE unit in the entire room, incl. the bathroom? Impossible to take a proper shower without freezing to death.
- The shower itself - pressure was just not there, I couldn't take a proper shower in my whole stay there
- Breakfast and dinner were seriously subpar
- Service was ok, and people at the reception were friendly and helpful - but that's all the good I could find

Overall, avoid as much as possible

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Menelaos_Megariotis
CheshuntMarriott, Director of Operations at Cheshunt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your comments. My sincere apologies for the challenges that you experienced during your visit and that these were not resolved prior to you leaving the hotel. I have shared your comments with the team to ensure that they are fully aware of our guest expectations and that we continue to look for improvement to ensure that every guest has the best experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss your visit in more detail 01920451245. Mike Harrison, Director of Operations

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for business. Lovely comfy bed but could not believe the wifi charge £6 an hour or £15 for the night. Even a Premier Inn gives 45 mins for free. These days I would not expect yo pay for wifi and certainly not this much. Mariott would not be my first choice for this reason.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather H
CheshuntMarriott, Director of Operations at Cheshunt Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback we are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoy our comfortable beds. I will pass on your comments to our Housekeeping team.
Regarding your comments on the internet charges, internet is indeed chargeable in the bedrooms but we do offer complimentary internet access to Gold and Platinum members of the Marriott Rewards loyalty scheme. I know this is of little comfort to you if you are not a Marriott Rewards Member though Wi-Fi is available free of charge for all guests and hotel visitors in our public areas. Saying this I will escalate your feedback on your behalf. Best Regards, Mike Harrison, Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broxbourne
Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
Royal Chace Hotel
Royal Chace Hotel
#2 of 5 in Enfield
Fanhams Hall Hotel

Been to Cheshunt Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!