“A great find”

Ranked #2 of 3 Alfreton B&B and Inns
Essex
“A great find”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Having reviewed B&Bs on the internet I chose this one. We were not disappointed. Our room was in the newly built wing and was huge - one double bed and two single beds. Our bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was superb - power shower and lovely deep bath. In fact it was hotel quality. There was tea, coffee and hot chocolate available and fresh milk if you asked for it. There was also information about walks and restaurants in the area in the conservatory where you went for breakfast.
The breakfast we had to order the day before which I dont' always like as you dont' know what you want until the morning but I do understand why and it was freshly cooked. We had smoked haddock and kippers for the 2 mornings which was lovely and great to have that choice. There was a choice of yogurt, cereal and fruit which was good as many B&Bs don't have this and there should be a 'healthy' option. We had brown toast and marmalade and fresh coffee with hot milk. A very good start to the day and served by Kate with a smile. The room is quite small and timing in everything but we had no one waiting to sit down and everything went smoothly. Parking is very good and the outlook from the B&B is lovely. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank helvin2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sheffield
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I have the pleasure of staying at Crich lane now on a regular basis due to my office being close by & I have to say it makes staying away a pleasure.
It's such a lovely place - quiet & peaceful and so far always sunny! I've had 2 rooms (8 & 9) both lovely though 8 has a nice patio area aswell. The beds are super comfy & the furniture is gorgeous. The bathrooms are spotless & very modern. It more boutiquey hotel than B&B compared to others I've stayed at. Everything is really well thought out - with nice little extras.
AND then there's breakfast - if he wasn't already married I'd snap the chef up purely on his breakfast .. Beautifully cooked & superb quality.
The couple that run Crich are also excellent hosts & make you feel very welcome
I just wish I could live there!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mashcat
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If your looking for a place to stay in the southern half of the Peak district you'd be hard pressed to choose a better place.

My party of six (split between three of their rooms) could not speak highly enough of the welcome, the rooms or the breakfast.

Kate made us feel welcome on arrival. Showed us to our rooms and and talked us through the heating controls in the rooms when we arrived. This was typical of her care and attention to detail. All this with a young child and playing her part in running a fully working farm. We had only one snag during the stay when the hot water failed in all the rooms. A plumber was called and this was sorted in short order.

The rooms and the whole site is immaculately presented and maintained. My wife and I had one of the superior rooms with king size bed. This must be the most comfortable bed at any hotel or B & B we've stayed in. The rooms are well set up with lights, two chairs, lots of plug sockets for charging phones cameras etc. A cut above chain hotels.

Note this is a working farm so do expect some noise and perhaps occasional farm yard smells. The plus side of the location is piece and quiet and country walks right on the doorstep.

All this is topped off by an excellent breakfast each day with a good range on offer some items home produced and freshly cooked. No items left under heat lamps here.

A top rate experience

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Richard R
London, England
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed one night in May 2014 £45 B&B.

Really lovely position nestled in the Derbyshire hills, beautifully appointed rooms with tea, coffee and biscuits. Free wifi as well. Huge breakfast included served up in the main house. Weather was appalling but you take your chances in this part of the world! Extremely friendly hosts so will hope to return if in the area again. All in all, fantastic value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank worldwiser
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Do NOT miss staying here if you visit the very beautiful area of the Peak District. Kate and Richard are perfect hosts offering the highest of standards. I have worked away from home for many years, staying in B&B's all over the country, and Crich Lane Farm is, without doubt, the best I have ever stayed at with excellence in ALL aspects, including value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stewart R G
middlesbrough
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have previously stayed here around 12 years ago and had some business in Derbyshire and so decided to try once again and it was still in the lovely setting I previously remember. A really warm welcome and an immaculate single room with again immaculate ensuite and powerful shower. The room along with the entire premises were spotless. The setting is great with lots of animals on the farm and it is very picturesque. I had a wonder to the local pub for dinner and a nice ten minute walk with good quality food and local beer being served. The morning breakfast set me up for the entire day and overall I could not fault this establishment - I would definitely recommend whether travelling business or as family totally superb value for money and I look forward to hopefully staying again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank johncotton
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at Crich Lane Farm for one night - we were a group of three families with a wide spread of ages.
The accommodation was immaculate - very clean and high quality.
The assortment of room sizes was ideal for the different combinations of people we had - everyone was happy!
We had an evening meal at a local pub - The White Hart - this was about a mile away but an enjoyable walk. The food was good, the service excellent despite it being very busy as the pub had held a Grand National event that afternoon.
Breakfast at Crich Lane Farm was delicious - plentiful and very well cooked.

The family who run the farm were very friendly and helpful - delightful hosts. Thank you so much!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HarrogateTraveller07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alfreton
Santo's Higham Farm Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,499 reviews
Peak Edge Hotel
Peak Edge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stonedge

Been to Crich Lane Farm? Share your experiences!