“Great steaks”

Bluey's Aussie Bar & Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 56 Restaurants in Alfreton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: G'day and welcome to Bluey's Aussie Bar & Steakhouse - the home of the BBQ Char-Grill, and Derbyshire's newest steakhouse. Want a great steak cooked exactly how you like it? Check out our Char-Grill BBQ Menu. We can offer you anything from an 8oz beef rump steak to a 48oz beef rump steak, with all the trimmings, cooked anywhere from Blue to Very Well Done! Sick of frozen chips? Come and try our hand-cut, home-made chips, which, to quote a customer "are to die for"! Want the best burger in town? Treat yourself to a Bluey Burger - a dinky-di Aussie recipe. If you fancy something a bit more adventurous - peruse our Exotic Steak Menu - there are many weird and wonderful beasts to select from. Whatever you're in the mood for, we guarantee you will not be disappointed! In the mood to drink something different? we offer Aussie beers & wine, premium guest ales & ciders, and a selection of unusual beverages.And from Saturday 22nd June, we will be offering breakfast on Saturdays from 9AM as well. We look forward to seeing you soon. Ooroo.Bluey.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were looking to eat near Junction 28 of m1 and spotted Blueys on trip advisor and noticed the pub/restaurant was great for steaks . I got to say I have never eaten in Alfreton and the exterior of the place is extremely misleading as when we got inside and were given such a warm welcome .We had a drink and ordered our steaks which came well presented with homemade chips onion rings and peas there was a choice of sauces which I had peppercorn . Excellent food first class service we will certainly return a great find well done Blueys
By the way they have the biggest tv I've ever seen !!!!

1  Thank Jill L

Reviewed 18 April 2014

First visit to Bluey's, but definitely not our last! Very warm welcome and we got to meet Bluey himself and his lovely wife. There is a great choice of food on the menu. My husband and I tried Kangaroo Kebab to start and then had Springbok and Bison off the Exotic Grill Menu which were all delicious! My husband tried several of the Aussie Beers which also went down very nicely. Thank you for such a lovely evening, it was great to meet such a lovely people. Hope to visit again soon.

1  Thank Buddylove16
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great welcome from an Aussiebarmaid, great Australian beer, outstanding onion rings and steaks. Going back next week.

1  Thank butlen
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was our first visit to blueys and will most definitely not be our last.my girlfriend and I were looking for somewhere different to have breakfast/lunch as we've tried most places in and around chesterfield so we searched on tripadvisor and blueys jumped out at us,it had some great reviews and I wanted to try something different from the excellent range of exotic meats they have on there menu,we arrived at about 12.45 on entering we were greeted at the bar by the bar man who was very friendly and made us feel very welcome then bluey himself came out from the kitchen and also said hello to us and also made us feel very welcome we spoke for about 5 mins then we were shown to our table by a young Australian girl who was lovely and very helpful when choosing things from the menu she couldn't do enough for you and was laughing and joking with us which made us feel at ease and enjoy the atmosphere in the bar you would of thought we were regulars.my girlfriend had one of the breakfasts I think was called the bush tucker and I had the bluey burger with wedges I chose to have kangaroo meat in my burger which I enjoyed as I like trying different things the wedges were cooked perfectly my girlfriend tried my kangaroo burger and loved it she also enjoyed her breakfast which she couldn't finish due to the size of there portions you certainly get your money's worth during the meal the waitress made sure we had all the sauces we wanted and made sure we didn't go without drinks then blueys wife came to us and said hello and made sure our meals were ok then left us to it when we finished our table was cleared and we then had dessert which was as good as the main meals we paid the bill leaving a good tip as the food and service was excellent before leaving my girlfriend and I spoke to bluey and his wife for about 20 mins what a lovely couple we will be coming back very soon to sample some more of the great food on offer also I forgot to mention during our meal bluey got one of his friends to play the piano so on top of the excellent meal we had we also had live music I would highly recommend blueys to anyone looking for excellent food and a good family atmosphere.

2  Thank Kelli C
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Food was okay (steak slightly overdone) with a good portion size. Toilets definitely need improvement. Just outside of town with a good atmosphere.