Review Highlights
Well worth visiting

They have got two floors of several rooms, with cabinets and some rooms used by other sellers. View... read more

Reviewed 3 March 2018
dmcar88233
Alfreton, United Kingdom
A Marvellous Shop - Full of delights

Reviewed 10 November 2017
dick h
Derby, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I have had a few bad experiences with the shop employees. A couple of times I have taken items in for them to look at as I wanted to sell them and without even looking up from the counter, the woman just dismissed me by saying "It's not old enough"... I wasn't even half way to the counter so there is no way she could have seen what I had. It was some jewelry. I had my young daughter with me and she was in tears when we walked out as she didn't like how rude the lady was to her Mum. That nearly made me cry too. My partner went in there today and was stopped from going to the top floor by a man blocking the top of the stairs, saying "closing early today". I find it very rude an insulting that they treat people under the age of 50 in such an appalling way. Shame on you. You would think they would want to encourage younger people to get into antiques but instead they are putting them off.

6  Thank abby s
Reviewed 3 March 2018

They have got two floors of several rooms, with cabinets and some rooms used by other sellers. View at leisure.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This shop, on the main road through the town, has a massive range of goods on offer inside - the modest shop front belies the true size of the place. The upstairs leads to another warren of lovely things to look at and peruse at your leisure. AND, it has it's own parking, which is a godsend!

1  Thank dick h
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We visited a local antique fair and called at the Alfreton Antique Centre as we know it will be open on a Sunday. There is a small car park behind the centre which is free.
Staff are friendly and there are lots of antique and vintage items to see over two floors. A lot bigger than it looks from the front.

2  Thank 2014Jandy
Reviewed 18 February 2017

An interesting place to spend an hour or so browsing. Good for finding that gift for someone who has everything.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Fantastic shop, so much variety on 2 floors in many rooms!
I bought a table for my shop at a great price, I will definitely be returning and recommending to people.
Very friendly and helpful staff too, thankyou!

1  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Alfreton Antiques Centre has to be one of the friendliest I have ever visited. There is a huge variety of antiques and collectables on two floors to suit all pockets and the owners have run this place for over 20 years which speaks for itself as it is a successful family business.

Nothing is too much trouble for Helen and Nigel and they are extremely knowledgeable about antiques. Stock is regularly updated and it truly is a gem of a place to visit with parking around the back. Make sure you allow an hour or so to take it all in as there is so much to see and it is much bigger than it looks!

1  Thank MazBowie1
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

We have visited here on a few occasions and always found something to buy. Excellent car parking facilities, friendly staff and a nice area.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We visited Alfreton Hall for afternoon tea so decided to make a call at the antique centre.
A lovely centre with some quality antiques, a little limited on furniture which is what we wanted but they can't stock everything for everyone.
Pleasant surroundings and a great record seller,worth the journey for that if your interested.

1  Thank fatbloke_2000_uk
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

As frequent visitors to antique shops my wife and i have seen a few. Alfreton Antiques is a lovely place to see lots and lots of different types of products from paintings to porcelain jewellery and so on. The owners are a charming couple and very helpful. The shop has its own car park at the back which is very helpful as parking otherwise is a bit restricted. Managed to purchase a few items and will definitely return in the future.

1  Thank draughtsman