“Excellent service, beautiful views” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco

Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cap d'Ail
Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent service, beautiful views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

While this Marriott is older, the service and use of their shuttle made it a real value in a city not known for value. We utilized the free shuttle to go to the train station, picked us up at the cruise terminal and took us to the Grand Casino and came and got us after dinner. The rooms, while dated, were reasonably large and well kept.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, facing the harbor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
siegfried_poppe, General Manager at Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear mcdjohn,

thank you for your review and yoru appreciation for the great price/value we could offer you while staying with us.

I took the opportunity to thank our shutle drivers for the warm welcome and services they provided to you.

Happy to hear you liked our rooms, looking forward to welcome you back soon

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cutchogue, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here before boarding a cruise. Hotel is small and located in a picturesque marina. Location is technically in France, but cross the street and you're in Monte Carlo. We ate dinner and breakfast at the lobby restaurant, both meals were excellent.

Room Tip: Rates vary, waterside is more expensive as upper floor rooms see the Med in addition to the Marina.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoeDepotLane
siegfried_poppe, General Manager at Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear JoeDepotLane,

All the Riviera Marriott Hotel Team joins me to thank you for your time and excellent rating for your recent stay with us.

We are happy that our property was perfect location for you before your next adventure, the cruise.

I took the opportunity to share your wonderful comments to our Restaurant and Kitchen Teams they really appreciated.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Thank you again.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Nice size room with balcony view of the harbor and beautiful Mediterranean Sea. One of the best breakfast buffets which includes an omelette station. Short walk to outdoor restaurants and to pebble beach where we swam in the Mediterranean Sea. It's also a short drive to Monte Carlo Casino. We only stayed 2 nights, would loved to have stayed a week. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Chevynova,

Thank you very much for your great feedback from your recent stay with us.

We were happy to see that you enjoyed the Hotel location and the great view from your room.

I have share your great comments on the breakfast buffet to our Restaurant and Kitchen Teams. They appreciated.
And of course all the staff of the Hotel which were involved for the success of your stay.

We hope that next time you will be able to stay longer.
We appreciate your loyalty.

Yours sincerely
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Spent 3 nights here, hotel is located at one of the marinas and if you are lucky enough to get a sea-view room with a balcony (as I did) then the view is simply amazing. The room size is typical for European standards and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom is a bit outdated but other than that the room is fine. Staff are pleasant as well wiling to help with any queries. The biggest issue of this hotel are the lifts of which there are only 2 for guest use and it can get a bit crowded during peak times. There is also a complimentary hourly shuttle into Monte Carlo but this is only a one-way service. The hotel is about a 15 euro cab ride from Casino Monte Carlo or a 30-40 minute walk. The restaurant has a generous offering of items for the breakfast buffet although the lunch and dinner services are a bit overpriced. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice yt reasonably priced (by local standards) Monaco experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank avi8or_1990
siegfried_poppe, General Manager at Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Avi8or_1990,

We thank you very much for your time and great comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We were glad to see that you enjoyed the Hotel, the location, the service and facilities in our property.

Regarding the lift, it is a shame we could not inform you, because we have three elevators available. Of course in some occasion it might be more busy, we apologize for this inconvenience.

We will share your constructive comments to the Restaurant Team regarding the price of our dinner and Lunch services. Indeed we try to be an affordable opportunity versus the local restaurants, having a lunch menu at 15 EUR for a 2 dish menu and at evenings a Chef's special at 18 EUR.

Once again we really appreciate your nice rating and the fact you recommend our property for the price/value.

We are looking forward for your next visit.

Yours sincerely
Rocklin, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We just returned from a 3 week tour of France. The staff and service was great but I was surprised by the condition of the Marriott La Porte de Monaco and will not return until it is updated. First, it does not look like a Marriott, the outside seating is worn and not a bit inviting. We were given a suite and part of our sea view was the patio of the building next door. If you sat on the patio you could talk with the people on their patio. Carpets through out the facility need cleaning. Breakfast, most everything but the pastry was over cooked with no flavor. We ordered room service and opened an individual size mustard jar that was half full, previously used.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janice A
Dear Janice A,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your impression of your recent stay with us.

We apologize for the fact you were disappointed by the Hotel condition.

We have continuous renovation plans, we already refurbished the bar, terrace and pool area, the air conditioning and look forward to renew additional public areas in the coming future.

We will share your comments to the Housekeeping and Restaurant Team to make sure they identify the issue and take immediate action on it.

Once again thank you for your time, and we hope to have a second chance to show you our improvements
Miami, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

My 5-point rating is because the minute I arrived at the hotel after traveling all over France by myself, I was welcomed by a group of amazing and genuinely caring people that made me feel safe, comfortable and important, without being a member of their loyalty program. Ivan (front desk) reassured that there were plenty of transportation options to go back to Cannes if I decided to return my car rental (I just wanted to relax and not drive any more! I was very tired and stressed out and he just sensed it). Even with a big group waiting to be checked in behind me, he took the time to pull out a map to show me the hotel location, the bus stop to the airport shuttle and the nearby attractions.
When I got to the room and decided I didn't want to continue hopping from city to city. I had only a few days left of my hectic vacation and I just wanted to stay in one place and relax, and that room was that place. It was clean, comfortable and with a amazing view of the mountain... and that Marrriott bed was just what I needed.
I went downstairs and sat down with Auriane, the concierge who not only called the car rental company and left a message to let them know I was returning the car rental location conveniently located in the hotel, but also emailed them and cc me to make sure there was a written record of the drop-off date and time. She also went out of her way by calling the manager to be able to extend my stay.
Finally, the hotel provides a free shuttle to anywhere in Monaco, which is very convenient, but even more valuable that a free drive, was meeting the Italian van driver (I wish I could remember his name). I was dying to try a good Italian ice cream, as I had had no luck after trying a few parlors along the cost, so I asked him for a recommendation and he took to a restaurant where I had the most amazing Italian dinner & ice cream, I've ever had in my life.
Marriott Monaco was so much more that a nice hotel with a clean and comfortable bed. It was my home away from home, where I felt safe and welcomed.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Carolina C
Dear Carolina C,

We can’t thank you enough for this great feedback and perfect rating regarding your recent stay with us.

I will pass your personalized appreciation to Ivan, Auriane, the concierge and Maurizio, our Italian Van driver. They will be very happy to see that they were part of the success of your stay.

This is really our aim that all our guests feel at home away from home when they are staying in our hotel. Your words are the best reward we could receive.

We are happy to see that you enjoyed the Hotel, the location, the facilities, and the service.

We really hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon, and thank you again for such a nice overview of a stay
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Even though this hotel is actually in France, it's just a short cab ride from the Monaco train station. Once at the hotel we were quickly checked in and given a package listing the area sights and offering us a free drink at the bar. Nice way to start a stay!

Our rooms were sea-view. Fantastic!!!! There is a little harbor in the front of the hotel filled full of yachts. And the views are incredible....night and day! If you walk out of the hotel and turn left you are in Monaco in just a few steps.

There is a city bus stop close by the hotel which will get you anywhere for 1.5 Euros. Even better, you're actually within walking distance of virtually every major site in Monaco. Just walk over the shopping center, use the public elevator to get on the other side of the mountain and you're in the heart of Monaco. We did a lot of walking because we needed to walk off all the great food.

The sleep experience here is just awesome. Sea breezes and Marriott beds....how could you go wrong? There's a charge for in-room WiFi, but the free lobby WiFi was more than adequate for our needs.

The hotel restaurant is reasonably priced and the food is excellent. There are also many great restaurants and cafes within easy walking distance. The nearby Carrefour is a good place to get wine and cheese for picnics. The lobby bar was reasonably priced and they have great service.

The staff at this hotel is awesome. Always willing to help and always with a pleasant greeting. And it seemed as though everyone knew English.

Our departure from the hotel started to become problematic when our taxi didn't show up as reserved. The night manager, Mr. Saker, stepped in and made sure we made our travel connections. He really saved the day for us and is an excellent example of how the staff of this hotel are here to make sure your stay is superior in every way. Mr. Saker gets our votes for our favorite hotel person in our three week trip!!!

This is our second time staying here and it was every bit as good as we remembered. I hope we get the chance to come here again!

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are superior!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MNM1011
Dear MNM1011,

Thank you so so much for your wonderful feedback.

We are so happy to see all your nice remarks regarding the Hotel location, the fact you loved your Sea view room and had a great sleep, that you enjoyed the restaurant facilities, and the free wifi in the lobby.

We will share you nice comments to all the staff.
The Concierge will be very happy to see that you appreciated the little package she organized for you to prepare your stay.

Mr. Saker, wants to thank you for this wonderful recognition, to be your choice for the best staff member in your 3 weeks European travel. it is just the way we like our staff to take care of our guest until the moment they are leaving the Hotel.

We are very proud to read that he made all his best to make sure you catch you connection, and also that he is the person that really made your day in three weeks holiday.

Thank you once again, and we are definitively looking forward to welcoming you back soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cap d'Ail
Columbus Monte-Carlo
Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
Hotel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
#1 of 10 in Monte-Carlo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,246 reviews

Been to Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco? Share your experiences!