“Hidden Gem- loved this place”
Review of Hotel de Monaco

Hotel de Monaco
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Cap d'Ail
Reviewed 12 February 2012

It has been a few months since i stayed at this hotel but I wanted to write a review because in the cold wintry weather ive been dreaming of another vacation in the cote d'azur :)
We found this hotel by chance on the internet as our original reservations with marriott got messed up and we found ourselves 2nd weekend of july, full tourist season without a hotel in monaco. I am so happy we stayed here as the hotel was wonderful. Its a luxury boutique hotel 5 mins walking from mala beach,a stunning little beach with nice beach club and bar, adn about 10 mins drive to downtown montecarlo. The hotel is meticulous, very cool style, our room was brand new, top of the line amenities , great very comfortable bed, and breathtaking view from our window! The staff is very nice and arranges for taxis, gives you train info, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel even for a romantic weekend getaway. I hope to be back this summer!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel de Monaco

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We arrived into Monaco late in the afternoon in the off season, with many places closed and dreading Monaco prices. This was an amazing find - 2 minutes drive from Monaco itself, under 100 euros a night, nice shaded back garden, excellent service, very quiet, and near the cliff walk from Cap d'Ail to Monaco (incredibly beautiful). Decorations are chic, hotel is very clean, has a boutique feel to it. As other reviewers have noted, the management are not initially warm in their demeanor. But we found them very accommodating and helpful when we asked. Manager speaks impeccable English.

Room Tip: Rear-facing rooms are quieter, but have no sun. In hot summer, this may be a good thing.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

The hotel is located very close to Monaco in a quiet French town setting. It is beautifully decorated with very clean rooms and great staff. It is perfect for resting, walking and watching the curvy French shore.
The breakfast was delicious :)

Room Tip: If you have a car, it is the perfect location for visiting Monaco and staying away from the crowded...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night for a business trip.
the hotel is nice with a particular and design furnishings in the hall.
My room was on the 3th floor and i must carried my baggage alone because there wasn't the elevator.
Room was clean but not freshness but there was a great view from the window.
The bathroom was very very small.
Breakfast was a buffet servevd on hall counter.
Price is ok for this very expensive location.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We just returned to Paris after spending a wonderful weekend in Cap d'ail at the Hotel de Monaco. It's a charming hotel with a great location just up the hill from a fantastic running/walking path along the ocean that goes all the way into Monaco. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and nicely decorated, and it just has a great vibe. It would be perfect to rent out the whole place for a wedding, family reunion or other special occassion. We will definitely stay here on our next trip down in the fall. In fact, we're looking forward to it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nmoe
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I am on my way back from the airport now and felt like I should spend my taxi ride home saying a BIG thankyou to Roberto and his team for really making my 4 night stay in Hotel de Monaco! I was travelling on my own for a relaxing few days in the sun with my books and some good food. As a female on my own I felt totally at ease in the hotel which has the ability to make you feel like you have been invited to an acquaintance's Villa for a break. While the hotel had no restaurant that was not a drawback as it forced me to hop on the 100 bus (for €1 !) to monte Carlo, which is only 10mins away, for dinner overlooking the sea in one if their great restaurants. Roberto couldn't have been more helpful and I always enjoyed my glass of wine in the hotel's garden before going to bed. Great value, amazing location between Nice and Monaco. Should be #1 on trip advisor in Cap D'Ail.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 13 November 2009

This is a truly beautiful hotel.... a haven. Many small, so called 'boutique hotels' could learn an awful lot with a quick visit to the Hotel de Monaco. It is all incredibly simple, yet incredibly stylish. The breakfast is continental and there is no restaurant or room service (Sebastian of the front desk makes a lovely coffee if needed), but there are so many places to eat nearby in Monaco that you do not feel deprived. This is somewhere to rest and enjoy. The beach is a few minutes walk away and that in itself is a very pleasant experience. This is not the place to go if you have children as I do, or are perhaps elderly or disabled, as there is no lift to the floors of which there are 3. If you want style, cleanliness and a peaceful nights sleep then this is the place for you. I loved it and I am super fussy!

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cap d'Ail
Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco
#6 of 8 in Cap d'Ail
Novotel Monte Carlo
Novotel Monte Carlo
#7 of 10 in Monte-Carlo

Been to Hotel de Monaco? Share your experiences!