Music store 55
Glass studio 160
We stayed here for two nights in order to have easy access to Monaco. Having stayed five nights in Nice and then two nights in Cannes, this was the last part of our trip. I booked our reservation early in order to secure our choice of rooms.
The hotel met all of our needs. The room and bathroom was very clean. The room was spacious enough. We had a bedroom with a double bed as well as an additional room with bunk beds. (Room 25). There was air conditioning in the main room, but not in the bunk bed room. I ended up sleeping on the floor in the main room because it was so hot. Also, the view from our balcony was magnificent. It was a corner balcony so we had a panoramic view of the Mediterranean. It was gorgeous.
It may or may not be fair to compare our stay here with our hotel in Nice; but if I am going to make that comparison, I have to say that Miramar only MET our needs, and went no further to exceed them. The hotel staff were friendly, but did not go any further in order to make us feel comfortable. We were annoyed that every request we made was questioned in a somewhat patronizing way. If we requested ice, we were asked "now?", if we asked for a taxi we were told "you could just take the bus". It even got to the point where my request for milk for my cereal (only a bit left in the jug) was met with "this is not enough for you?" We didn't feel like we asked for a lot of the hotel staff. The truth is, we are tourists who have never been to Cap D'Ail before and we wanted to feel like our business was appreciated. Not so much. When we checked out, we got a "goodbye" and that was it. This compared to our stay at the Nice Garden Hotel where we recieved hugs, kisses and an invitation to come and stay again any time. At that hotel we felt like family. Here, we felt like intruders.
I have a few suggestions if you are staying in Cap D'Ail.
1. If you take the train to the Cap D'Ail station, be sure you have a cell phone. The station is unoccupied and there is no phone to use to call a taxi. The station is at the bottom of a tall cliff. My mother and I were not prepared to walk up the winding streets with three heavy suitcases in 30 degree weather.
2. If you take the bus to Monaco, there is a stop just outside the hotel. The bus costs 1.50 euro per trip (bus drivers make change) and is fairly convenient. Just be aware that it rarely runs on schedule, is sometimes VERY packed full of people and stops running after 8:30pm.
3. For eating in Cap D'Ail I highly recommend "Edmonds". It is a hotel and restaurant across the street and passed the parking lot. We ate three meals there and all were excellent. Service was excellent, nice cool air conditioning and pleasant staff. The vegetable lasagna is unbelievable.
4. To get from Cap D'Ail to the Nice Airport, take the 100 bus (or a taxi) to Place D'Armes in Monaco, then take the 110 bus directly to the airport. This bus is a coach and the driver will stow your luggage underneath. Very easy and convenient.
5. There is a very nice grocery store at the end of the street near the hotel. Walk in the direction of Monaco. 2 minute walk.
Overall, we had a fine stay at the Miramar hotel, however if the hotel patronage wants to earn solid recommendations and repeat visits they should focus less on milk intake and more on general hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Miramar, a 2-star hotel, promises you a fabulous holiday in the charming village of Cap d'Ail. Close to Monaco and Monte Carlo, it offers the perfect setting in which to kick back and relax with a view of the sea. The hotel provides comfortable accommodation just a few minutes from the Casino de Monaco, the Oceanographic Museum, Cap d'Ail's stunning beaches and the coastal path. The hotel's 25 air-conditioned and well-equipped rooms open out onto a typical Cote d'Azur landscape. Some rooms have a terrace facing the sea, perfect for enjoying a moment's relaxation. Take advantage of this excellent, seaside location, let the waves soothe you, the Cote d'Azur beckons... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Miramar Cap D'Ail reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Miramar Cap D'Ail France/French Riviera - Cote D'Azur