+ An old hotel with a positive location approx 10 mins walk to Nagoya Hills shopping centre. Though the hotel will push for taxi services, walking there is easy and along the road. A short, non-challenging walk leads you directly to the entrance of Nagoya Hill Mall.
+ Hotel receptionist and concierge are pleasant and polite especially the latter. Very helpful with transport and day booking (IDR100K per hour for a 7 seater). Check in and out was efficiently done and little problems.
+ Housekeeping was duly done and punctual.
- - - We booked the Classic rooms which were in NO sense classic, hidden right at the north wing (or the very old wing). Rooms musty with bad smell and no windows (the windows were all hideously bricked up). The corridor was very eerie (We were brought to room 1016 and was unable to get into the room. After a few attempts to change keys walking up and down from room to receptionist - about 250m - the staff told us the management delibrately locked up that room because it is no long available for stay for some reasons and offered us another musty room with a strong religious incense). The rooms were built on the 1st floor (despite 1016), and right below was a dark and abandoned old reception area which we accidentally went down having lost our way. We felt utterly uncomfortable when residing in these rooms despite it being physically clean. Wifi and TV working fine, just that the atmosphere gives you a bad feeling. The walk along the corridor is bad enough give you that eerie feeling. Also we went during the festive season and long weekend, the corridor seemed to be guest-less, just us. The only lights were dim yellow lights with no reachable sunlight.
- Breakfast was ok but the queue for noodle and egg stations can be excessively long. The waiters and attendants managing these stations looked as though they had a bad night and all hostile and unpleasant. Coffee was blant and refills were slow.
+ - Gym and pool was ok, nothing fabulous but well maintained.
- Overall I am not very prone to recommending this hotel especially with stays at Classic rooms. If one has to stay, please select the superior or deluxe rooms with blatant sunlight in the room. The rooms at the north wing are very eerie and made us feel very uncomfortable at night. For more information on this aspect please drop me a personal note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Hotel Located At The Heart of the City's Premier Shopping & Entertainment District. Nestled in the vibrancy of the famous Nagoya Hill area, Goodway Hotel Batam is located in close walking proximity to the premier shopping and entertainment district. It offers you accommodation with a comfortable, warm and relaxing ambience. Whether you are on a business trip or leisure, we are dedicated to make your stay a delightful and unforgettable one. Goodway Hotel Batam conveniently features 268 rooms and suites along with full amenities, warm personal services and hospitality. As one of the Top M.I.C.E Hotels in Batam Archipelago Island, Goodway Hotel Batam offers you meetings and wedding venues up to a capacity of over 1000 people. Meetings and wedding occasions at Goodway Hotel are fully supported by our catering and banquet team, who will ensure everything you need for an exquisite occassion will suit your taste and budget. Selection of authentic Japanese fare, Indonesian dishes and Asian cuisines awaits you at our restaurants and bars, passionately made by the expert chefs. Goodway Hotel Batam also offers access to the nearby Nagoya Shopping Mall and "Kampong Bule" for night entertainment and other Fast food establishments surrounds the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Goodway Hotel Batam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.