“Disappointing Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Disappointing Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Heading down the driveway towards the cellar door I felt like I could be somewhere in Europe during autumn, it was picture perfect. I was excited! Entering the establishment, my partner and I found ourselves alone - which is fine, as we amused ourselves perusing the local produce for sale on the shelves and chatting about the Awards the wines had won - making me more excited as I was looking for the perfect bottle to add to my collection.
After standing about for roughly 7-10 minutes and still no one acknowledged us, we decided to leave. On reaching the car park we did have who I would presume is the owner come out and apologise but by that time we had already decided to move on - after all its the Margaret River wine region and we weren't exactly lost for choice.
Hopefully next time they will have a counter bell or door alarm that notifies them of customers so they don't miss out on potential sales - if I am ever back in the area again I would give them a second chance but only if my partner was obliging, he wasn't very impressed.

Visited May 2013
, Manager at Churchview Estate, responded to this review, 19 October 2016
As a small family business we are often preoccupied with other tasks like answering a phone call. We now have a counter bell installed. I do believe on the day we approached you as you were leaving to apologise. Our fine wines are affordable to all because we are not over staffed sorry you didn't get to taste our wines as you can see they are very popular. I hope you'll give us another chance.

Leighton Buzzard
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great place to start your wine tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I was very pleased this was the starting pint for our tour as our friendly wine expert explained the winemaking process for the different varieties, showed us how to hold a wine glass properly and how to taste the wine before opening any bottles. It was interesting to see how many of us continued to do things correctly for the rest of the day. We tasted 8 wines here and my favourite was the Silverleaf Chenin Blanc, fruity but not too sweet, with a long finish.

Visited April 2013