“Excellent Stay”
Review of Cardiff Motor Inn

Cardiff Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed two nights in an exective spa room in July 2014.
Big room with good fit out. Large bathroom and shower size is great. Two person size spa with excellent water pressure and ample hot water.
Booking went smooth and trouble free. Excellent hosts and management. A great koi pond and tidy and clean gardens and rooms.
Decor a little dated, but clean and very well maintained. Excellent position with two clubs only 2 and 3 minute walks away. Some road noise, but bearly noticable on the weekends.
Was booked out both nights I was there, so a very popular place to stay in Cardiff.
All in all , a great relaxing and friendly stay.
Nothing was a problem for the hosts, extra towels, change of pillows or anything else we required. Good mini bar at resonable prices. Hosts had excellent local knowledge and were a pleasure to deal with.

Room Tip: Away from road during the week and downstairs for us not so agile people
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2014

!AVOID! Booked a room 4 months prior to needing it for 5 night stay in April 2014, Was quoted $129 per night, got to check-in and it suddenly jumped to $170 per night. Got Given the keys to a room already in use by a sleeping truck driver. Got Given keys to a new room and each of us were allowed a complimentary item from the mini-bar (3 people). Later reviewed my bank statment to find a minibar charge for those 3 items. When I questioned this with reception they advised me that did not know how to refund this, so therefor I could not get a refund. AVOID AVOID AVOID

Room Tip: avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Adam7272
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Looks are deceiving, nice from the outside, far from it on the inside. The rooms smelt old and stale, I think the complimentary biscuits were there from the day they opened. Has to be one of the worst for internet, slower than old school dial up, would not reccommend

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Guru_of_Food_4u
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My two sons and I stayed here for one night in a family room. Check in was efficient and the room was perfect for our needs. Clean and quiet and accurately portrayed on the website. Would not hesitate to book this again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We were not able to stay in the hotel we had booked on a Saturday night. We found this place by looking at Wotif. It was all that it promised to be - a clean and comfortable place to stay. Kate who welcomed us was genuinely hospitable and ensured that we would be comfortable. We found the room very spacious, clean and containing everything we needed. Unlike the bigger hotels, there were plentiful supplies of tea and coffee as well as biscuits! The shower was excellent - really hot water and plenty of pressure.The place was quiet even though quite close to two clubs, which made dinner very easy. The hotel is gradually being renovated and we look forward to returning next time we are in Newcastle.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyAntoinette
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed here last month, just passing through as it is the only accommodation I could find short notice in the area.
The lady at the desk needs a crash course in hospitality and manners. Extremely rude is an understatement.
The rooms are horrendous. the carpet was destroyed in stains. the decor is 1970's .
and the walls inside are brick. Im sure its where they shot Prisoner in its hey day.
I mean Kerobokan prison in Bali wouldnt have a look in!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TheTravellingAnt
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I recently stayed at the Cardiff Motor Inn due to a family event who live locally. We brought 3 rooms, one for myself and partner, his brother and wife and his parents. Upon arrival we were pleasently suprised with hotel, it was clean and tidy.
Later that evening we left to attend function and in a rush we left our key in the room. When we came home at 11.30pm we realised and had to ask for a spare. The woman did not open the door just asked "what do you want" I explained what had happened. The door then opened with a spare and "you better not do this again, this not acceptable."
The next morning when my boyfriends brother and father went down to hand in their keys and they were asked "where are the people who woke me up last night" apparently with a smirk on her face!
First of all, the way she behaved on the previous night and in the morning is extremely unproffessional. I understand no one wishes to be woken up, but it wasn't 2am in the morning and it was a genuine mistake that happens to everyone, talking to me like i am some sort of child is outright disgusting and if you dont like it..don't run a HOTEL!!!
None of us will be staying there again, which is a shame as we visit Cardiff on a regular basis, I would rather pay more money and experience a little service that sheer rudeness when I am the customer.
If it wasn't for that woman I would have written a good review but she spoiled it for everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SmithyCe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardiff
Best Western Plus Apollo International Hotel
#2 of 3 in Charlestown
Quest Newcastle West
Quest Newcastle West
#10 of 25 in Newcastle

Been to Cardiff Motor Inn? Share your experiences!