“Flys Flys and More Flys”

The White Elephant Beach Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Gnarabup
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Would like to go back here when the population of Australia's flies are not visiting there also.

Had the 15$ breakfast which was a deal from The resort up the road we stayed at. Can't remember the taste of the meal that much as the fight with the flies was ridiculous , so much so that I covered my food with a serviette when I was taking a bite, when I got sick of that battle I made the bacon and eggs into a sandwich and walked around the café eating it so the flys wouldn't catch me.

A pity really, as the location is amazing, right above the sand, good coffee, friendly staff......just a bad time of the year to try to eat there.

They did provide free aeroguard though....which was nice......

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

The location of this cafe is second to none. I ordered a macchiato - the barista asked me what that was?? i was speechless. The staff are extremely rude, after waiting 15min for my coffee I went a politely asked one of the staff how far away my coffee is? She replied 'we are very busy you have only been waiting 10mins or so'. I waited 20min in total and receive a long black....! Terrible coffee.

1  Thank laurendiston
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Look this place is situated in the most gorgeous spot but you cannot eat the view. The coffee is amazing but it stops there. The food is really quite average and really expensive - over $20 for most things that have meat in it like fishburger. The flies here are prolific but that doesn't bother me too much as its outdoors what do you expect. I just wish it was a little more affordable because it isn't a restaurant its a cafe.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Had a delicious brekky at a fantastic location situated right on the beach in gnarabup. Great service and very quick to get our meal and coffee even when it was packed out.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Breakfast is really a complete package at the White Elephant!!

My wife and I really craved a beachfront location for breakfast on a recent visit to Margaret River and the White Elephant offered all we needed. The view from the deck is sublime, the coffee great and the eggs were up to the usual Margaret River standard.

The service was a tad slow here - but with that view .... who cares!!