“Sun surf champs AND a great wee beach cafe”

The White Elephant Beach Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Gnarabup
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Fell across this busy vibrant cafe overlooking Prevelly beach near Margaret River by chance. Went back for the next five mornings. Great cafe service, the muffins were delicious and the meals I observed passing looked like great brunch food and well presented. Great local spotting spot with Stand Up Paddle boarders surfing the waves or just giving their dog a spin. Groups of young mothers, kids, retirees mix it up with the surf community. Yes it is busy, but why? Cos it is good. Coffees were amongst the best we found in WA. I was short by 50 cents, the waitress smiled, took fifty cents out of the tip jar and said pay us back next time! Which I did and some! Good work team.

There are newer reviews for The White Elephant Beach Cafe

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I loved the bacon sandwich. Every morning, I loved the bacon sandwich. Coffee is good too. After breakfast, we'd walk the beach for a while, nice views.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

On a beautiful sunny day this place, right on the beach, is perfect. It was packed as the pro surf carnival was on so we waited quite a while for breakfast and then my cooked breakfast came while my husbands muesli took a further 10 mins! Go figure? My breakfast, vegie delight or something, was excellent. It had polenta cake, tomatoes, asparagus, avocado, and eggs with gluten free toast and I ate every last morsel. The coffee again took ages and was not hot enough but great coffee.

2  Thank Lindel P
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing view but unfortunately the food was terrible, completely overpriced they charged me $9 for four slices of tomato!! Really disappointing experience feel like I just paid for their endless summer!

1  Thank chookstar81
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Don't go there on a windy day! Otherwise it's a great spot. The food was typical of a small cafe nice but not as nice as some we've had. The girls were cheerful but a little distracted with their own chatter at times.