“To go again”

St. Julian's Bay Hotel
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

It was our first time in the St. Julian.s bay hotel and we're looking forward to go again as its cheap but the hotel and the rooms are very clean, the view from our room was amazing and it.s very easy if you want to go and eat somewhere as there.s different types of restaurants near, pubs for some drinks and even a promenade for a long walk .

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank DanielaMallia

Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

This perfect located hotel still have things to learn especially when it comes to maintaining the rooms. They were beautiful but worn down, the cleaning was al right when we arrived but during our stay it did not really met my standards.

Do not, never ever, eat the breakfast buffe! It's a joke consisting of cheap jam, toast bread without a toaster, rocket ghat eggs and an instant coffe machine. If you'd like English breakfast there is a restaurant just outside that serves it.

However the staff is lovely and we were wery well treated here.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lina E
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The bed was hard as a rock,i could hear anything going on outside and the breakfast was the worst one,the room was really small one. The "tv" was a computer monitor and wifi did not work in the room even if i reported it. But quite nice area its located in.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank anders_from_sweden
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We were unfortunate enough to book this hotel for our honeymoon for 3 nights. The hotel is in a wonderful location so we decided to stay, however we now wish we had not spent a night there. There is no wireless internet available in the rooms even though it is advertised on their website/expedia - the front desk agent even said we'd be lucky to get a signal. Secondly, the bed was horribly stiff and we suffered from many bed bug bites. Additionally, the door to our balcony did not lock or even close properly. We were petrified that someone might come in and rob us, luckily this did not happen. On the second day of our stay the hot water was broken and we were invited to use another room in the hotel to shower. I was not happy about wandering the hotel in my shoes and a towel. At night it was hard to fall asleep because we could hear the guests above us when they used the toilet (listening to people's bowel movements whilst on honeymoon was not exactly what I had my heart set on). Overall, I would never stay at this hotel again and I want to do my best to be sure that people do not experience what we went through. We checked out of the hotel yesterday and I am still itching from the many bites I received!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jessica I
Reviewed 22 October 2012

From outside the hotel looked great. The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble to sort out. I have mobility problems and the first room was fine but the shower too small. The next day they changed my wife and I to another room with a bigger shower and we were sorted for the week. The room was fine but a bit more storage would not go amiss. We had gone for bed and breakfast and it was an restaurant attached to the hotel. It was very basic continental breakfast and you had to be down early to get the best selection. There is a small lift that will hold 4 very thin people. There were quite a few young people there,mostly about 16 to 18 years of age but no trouble and well supervised.Location wise it is perfect. Go right and head to Sliema and the Sliema ferries and shopping especially "The Point" a new shopping mall.- worth the visit. Go left and go to St Julian's Bay with all restaurants and bars. Walking is easy as it is all on the flat with a long promenade that goes on for about 5 miles. We would go back but a few basic improvements will make all the difference.

Room Tip: Make staff aware of your needs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick340
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We have just returned from 4 nights at St Julian's Bay hotel.
I must confess I was quite worried after reading the reviews. However I was determined to stay in St. Julian's area so I decided to choose the hotel which offered the best location and value for money so St. Julian's Bay was the best option.
All the hotel's staff in special the reception team were so polite, kind and helpful. They truly amazed us with their professionalism, attention, tips and extra effort to assist us with anything we needed.
The hotel looks exactly like the photos on their website. There is no lie about that.
Our room had a good size, beds and pillows were very comfortable, towels were changed every day and everything was always very clean.
The bathroom was modern style and very spacious. Excelent shower. Soap is provided.
We had booked a standard room so we were not sure if we would get a room with balcony or not as it is informed on the website that not all standard rooms have balcony. Finding out we had got a room with balcony and seaview was a plus !!!!
TV had international channels, air conditioner worked perfectly and there was also a safe in the room.
I was quite pleased with the breakfast served but if you want a 5 stars hotel breakfast you can have your breakfast somewhere else.
Location is perfect. You will have anything you need with 3-5 minutes walk. However if you decide to go visit other areas bus stops are just few minutes away.
I just cannot understand how people can have such different opinion about a same place. It's like if we had stayed in different hotel.
I would definitely stay at St. Julian's Bay hotel again and would recommend it to my friends.
The hotel contributed for the amazing time we spent in Malta.

Room Tip: I had a room with seaview on the first floor and with the windows closed I couldn't hear a singl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank London_Brazil
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We have just returned from a week at this place. We, like so many others, originally booked to stay at the Carlton Hotel, Sliema, but were told on arrival that there were plumbing problems so were shipped over to this hotel.

The place is a dump, no satelite TV, no safe, breakfast is awful, no swimming pool (but they pretend the one opposite is their own). Do Not Stay here as it will ruin your holiday on the lovely island of Malta.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
#19 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Rokna
Rokna
#17 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to St. Julian's Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!