“TERRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of St. Rafael`s

St. Rafael`s
Ranked #226 of 304 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Qormi, Malta
“TERRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

My friend and I visited St.Rafeal's on a Sunday afternoon. With such a prestigious setting, you'd expect a wonderful visit but it was a total let down. We sat at a table overlooking the port and were seemingly ignored until I had to signal the waiter to order wine and water as well as our food. Following a half and hour of waiting, not even our water had turned up let alone our food (I had opted for a Greek salad, whilst my companion had ordered a pasta dish). After 45 minutes, a waitress approached us upon another signalling and seemed oblivious to our order. A very disappointing visit - Terrible staff who seem to be bored all the time as well as neglecting you - will definitely NOT return or recommend.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank den0311

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Lovely restaurant just on the harbour. Great views from the terrace and the seafood was fab. Staff very sweet

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We generally don't complain but...this is NOT how you run a restaurant!
We went there on the fullmoon night cause of the great location; overlooking the little port. Unfortunately the service was TERRIBLE and our annoyed and bored waitress spoiled our night!

My girlfriend started reading the description of the plate she wanted to order but the waitress stopped her halfway through saying thank you. We got the impression she knew what we want. Then a different plate arrived... Plain fried calamari with chips... We explained that there is a mistake but she accused us of not reading the title of the plate which btw was written in Maltese!!!! She said she couldn't do anything!!! My gf tried to eat it but it was quite tasteless so we finally asked for the manager.

The manager offered to change the plate but it was already late. We got no compensation whatsoever but she promised she would speak to her waitress. We would appreciate a free wine or a discount.. SOMETHING!!

This restaurant abuses the location by lowering both food quality and service.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good food and very accommodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I came her with my family (group of 16) in June. We just turned up on the off chance that they would fit us in and they were most helpful in putting some tables together for us. The food was good, wine was good and its very well priced. The locations and views over the harbour are what makes this place stand out. Service was a tad slow if im being picky - but who is in a rush when they're on holiday? - the place was busy so i can understand and staff mroe than made up for it with their friendly manner.

Visited June 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Best pizza throughout our entire trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

My husband considers himself a pizza connoisseur of sorts. I think we ate pizza at least once a day throughout our entire trip to malta and Sicily and this was his favorite pizza. I've read the other reviews of this restaurant and I have to say that I'm surprised. Had I read the reviews first we probably wouldn't have gone but I'm glad we did! We had a late lunch here on two occasions and were delighted both times. The atmosphere of the bay is superb and the staff was very attentive. Both times we had a mixed salad and a pizza with garlic pesto, eggplant and sundried tomato. The crust on the pizza was cooked to perfection - thin with just a slight crunch. Go for lunch and get a pizza!

• Visited July 2013