“Cresta Dive Centre - outstanding service & professionalism”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cresta Dive Centre

Cresta Dive Centre
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Saint Julian's
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving in Malta, Gozo and Comino. Cresta Dive Centre is a PADI 5 star dive centre located in St Julian's.
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Cresta Dive Centre - outstanding service & professionalism”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

After some years away from diving, I decided to start up again. I decided to book a holiday to Malta because I've always heard that the diving is great. I happened across Cresta and liked the fact that their dive packages were "all inclusive", I was sold after a few emails which were always answered promptly and with a wealth of information by Charlie, co-owner of Cresta. I was slightly apprehensive about "going solo", but after my first day of diving I realised there was no need to be! I found all of the staff to be incredibly friendly and knowledgable and very sociable too... I am looking forward to diving with Cresta again, hopefully sooner rather than later and would definitely recommend them to anyone thinking of diving in Malta.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank SimonQudos

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A very good dive center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Cresta is a very good dive center. My buddy and I are fairly experienced divers and most of the time we were paired up with a dive master just to ourselves. While the whole group would go to an area to dive, there was usually both an advanced dive and a dive suited for novices that could be done. We'd either do two advanced dives (like on the tanker) or the deeper dive first and an easy dive second.

Safety was their first consideration.

Also, if you dive with them for a few days, see if you can arrange a third dive in the bay right by the shop. There is a unique collection of critters in the bay and they know where all of them are. It can be a long, shallow dive if you make it one.

One snafu we experienced is that Crest no longer collects divers from Valletta. I can understand why, but we were initially told it was not a problem. We stayed for three days in Valletta (the other three in St. Julians) plus we were there as they were completely changing the bus service. We did eventually work it out, but it was a bit of a pain.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Eric V
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving IS fun! Especially @ Cresta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

If you are looking for a great diving experience, then you defenately need to check out Cresta! Safety is a must with this friendly, fun and experienced team. I stayed a little more than a week, and did my open and advanced.
I'm already planning my next trip. If you are lucky you can even see some seahorses. I can recommend this center to anyone.

2 Thank Kat_belgium_0403
Eugene, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Seven days of a great time---returning in 8 months for more courses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I am a 22 year old backpacker, who traveled to Malta on a lark in June 2011. I wandered down to Cresta Dive Centre for a single dive, based on local recommendations. After that dive, I knew I wanted to take advanced dive courses with them. Charlie went through all the costs with me on the first day, and there were no surprises at the end of my stay when I settled the bill. The cost was fair, reasonable, and worth every bit of my hard earned money.

Safety, knowledge, and a quality experience are the focus of their dives. I had 11 separate dives with them--each was unique, each taught me something important, and each was incredibly fun. Thanks to Matt for the great fun while working me through my Advanced Open Water cert, and thanks to Charlie for the PPB cert. For all the amazing dives and fun-- thanks to instructors and divemasters KC, Steve, Philippe, Luke, Julia, and Cat.

The folks at Cresta have become my friends, and I can't wait to return to Malta (from Oregon, USA) for more dives, instruction and fun.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank charlesPNW
Bideford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Couldnt Fault At Any Point”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

Me and my Dad did our PADI Open Water with Cresta encorperated into a family holiday, my Dad is already qualified under BSAC but I had done alot of diving previously but was unqualified. When we first got there we where greeted by Charlie who was very kind and helpful. During the dives we where with Casey for the first and Dave the rest. Apart from a "near stinging stinging on the head by a jellyfish experience" on the first dive, I felt we where always in safe hands. We always had a breifing before the dive of what we where going to do and before kitting up Dave always made sure we where OK to dive. Great dive centre, shame about not being able to do the Comino Dive! If we go back to Malta I know where I'm going to dive!

2 Thank Sportybex