“Lunch ”
Review of House of Ho - CLOSED

House of Ho
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Description: Modern Vietnamese Restaurant Serving Traditional and Contemporary Dishes, featuring an extensive range of signature cocktails inspired by the Far East.
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We loved it !! So many different mouth watering flavors was what made it for me. Squid lovely, Thai curry nice. The sushi rolls neath. Will go again.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Impressively good and tasty , good presentation and don't be shy to ask for recommendations. From starters till main and desserts enjoy

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, interesting cocktails service with a smile and nice ambience. It's one downfall in my opinion is the loud music. I know it's in Paceville but shouting over dinner on a Thursday night is unpleasant. If the music was lowered a little bit it would be a perfect location for dinner.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

The service was excellent and the food was really fresh and yummy. We also had a really good cocktail with elderflower and lychee. Definitely a new favorite restaurant.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I telephoned the restaurant twice to try to make a reservation, both times I was transferred to voice mail. I left a message that I would appreciate it if a person could telephone me the next day after 12.30

The next day at approximately 12.32 my telephone rang and a nice voice said that Natasha was repaying my call. We chatted for a while and I explained that I wished to speak to a human as I wanted to know more about this newly-opened restaurant. I said that it was our 26th wedding anniversary and that we had actually lived in Viet Nam for some years. She told me a little of the story of the restaurant and its London-based owner.

I made a reservation for 7.30 and she told me that the place was not too difficult to find as it is opposite the Fim Bank in Paceville. We duly arrived at about 7.30 and were greeted by a whole bevy of delightfully smiling staff. We were offered a bottle of proseco (we accepted a glass each as we have had a rather social week).

We ordered from the extensive menu and very swiftly we were thoroughly enjoying various excellently prepared dishes. From the duck filled spring rolls to the Vietnamese style chicken curry everything was quite delicious (though I would have preferred my curry to be a little less hot, my husband was revelling in his ultra-spicy satay). We had also ordered a dish of rice, some prawn crackers and two other dishes from the starter menu.

All the portions were extremely generous so we left laden with doggy bags: fortunately we do not have a dog so we will be able to enjoy another feast of Vietnamese food.

I have but one comment which is not a criticism, but a suggestion. Would it be possible to have a corner where there are no loudspeakers which could be a little quieter? My husband and I after so many years have a great deal to say to each other and are not keen on shouting.