“AVERAGE”

Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Hi every body
it's me again
Nice hotel for the money & location is perfect, you Will be close to everything.the rooms are clean and the staff was very friendly helped us every day,Really suprise ,i stay for 2 night in room 426 - 4thFloor, the Elevator working good ,the location is so good , too close to Bay Street Shopping,Eden Cinemas,Beach ,Bowling ,Restaurants, transportation is available and very Close, wireless ok and really i recommend it for youth people becouse very cheap,
Thank's and see you soon after return back from Istanbul.
Salah

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SALAH M

Reviewed 10 September 2012

It was terrible thank god we only stayed 2 nights and were barely in the room.
As the other reviews say it isn't a hotel its somewhere to sleep.

Loud music was played into early hours of the morning.

Staff ignorant and unhelpful took us about 45 minutes just to get booked in, I complained about the room and asked to swap it, the manager did finally agree to this after I'd been ignored standing my ground for 10 minutes lol.

I cannot believe this is under Thomas Cook... Disgusting.. NOT recommended at all, avoid it!!.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheWibberleys w
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Nice hotel for the money. Can really recommend it! The location is perfect, you Will be close to everything. The breakfast is not worth eating, the rooms are okay clean and the staff Nice.. You get what you pay for, but All in All - the location is so good that you Can overlook the minor flaws..

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank lila3008
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed in the hotel for a few nights in May 2012.
The hotel was very inexpensive and so we weren’t expecting much!
We were very happy to find a large room with wardrobe, desk twin beds and a shared bed-side table.

The room was clean and tidy.

I think the cleaner came once every other day and fresh towels could be collected from the reception every day at certain times. There seemed to be some sort of air conditioner on the ceiling but I’m not sure if made much difference, not a problem for us as I don’t mind the heat and it was only about 26 degrees Celcius.

The only problem with the bathroom was that the shower had only a shower curtain around it which meant water easily spilt onto the tiles. The bathroom was kept very clean, no mould or dirt or rust. On our first morning there was a problem with the hot water, but thankfully it was fixed by the afternoon.

The breakfast was very simple, but I couldn’t complain for the price. Lots of bread, two cereals, 2 types of jam and one type of ham and cheese slice. Orange juice, tea, coffee and water also. Breakfast was served at a café across the road which was not a problem.

If that had been our full experience I would have given the hotel three out of five (or possibly four because it was so inexpensive). Unfortunately the main problem was the very loud noise at night. I had heard rumours that it might be noisy, but was not prepared for just how loud it would be and how long it would go on for! The week nights were just as loud as the weekend too. The loud music from the nearby clubs continued until 4am (and then at 6am the workmen with drills started their work nearby). I put earplugs in, wrapped a towel over my head and then put a pillow on top and this barely took the edge off. I just couldn’t escape from the noise! It definitely affected my sleep and would put me off going again. I think we were unfortunate in that we were given a room right at the front of the hotel, as perhaps the rooms at the back were not exposed to the noise as much.

Although anywhere near St Julians is generally a good place to stay in Malta (this location is near plenty of great restaurants, a nice promenade walk and good bus links), being in the centre of Paceville is not an experience I’d like to repeat. Although I know Malta is generally a very safe island I found it more pleasant to walk the long way around the coast to this hotel then to walk the quick direct route down through the “Paceville steps” which were starting to get packed with people well before 10pm.

Regrettably I’m giving this hotel 2 out of 5. This is hard because the staff were polite and friendly and the hotel was clean. But the noise was just so loud, even mid-week in May, I dread to think what it would be like in summer. Perhaps it was my own fault that I underestimated how busy and loud Paceville would be, even outside of the main summer months. I would only recommend this hotel if either you aren’t intending to sleep during the hours of 10pm-4am or if you can sleep through anything! It would be interesting to see if this hotel location is quieter in winter but it’s not a risk I’d be willing to take!!

Room Tip: The hotel seemed to go quite far back and I assume the rooms at the back of the hotel will be quiete...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lizzy C
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Well there is nothing that can be defined as good from this hotel. Obviously its cheap,what do you except for ZERO HYGIENE, ZERO SERVICE and ZERO IDEA of Hospitality. The rooms are like a nightmare, so stay away from this HORRIBLE HOTEL.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LucaPietaMalta
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Great location for shopping, night life, beaches and bars and very clean.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank cic333
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Anybody looking for a budget three star hotl in the St. Julians' area, this hotel is centrally located & great value for money. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. The hotel have free Wi-fi everywhere. The hotel is clean & the rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. The breakfast is at the hotel's restaruant opposite the hotel. The breakfast is simple but good. At night time the location of the hotel can get busy as its very close to the night life but that was ideal for us as the clubs, restaurants & entertainment were walking distance. I would defineity go to this hotel again, maybe next time I will try in summer as there is a nice beach in the roas of the hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends