“Great Hotel and Location”
Review of Gorgianis Hotel

Gorgianis Hotel
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel and Location”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stay for a week at the Gorginanis and found the hotel to be excellent considering I only paid 18 Euros a night. The hotel is next to the Paceville night-clubs so can be a little noisy but nothing more than I expected from reading the previous reviews

My room on the 2nd floor had a balcony over looking the Bay Street Shopping centre, I had maid service every day with clean towels/

The breakfast was excellent, there is a selection of cereals, bread for toast, jams, juice and hot drinks machine.

The WIFI was ok, with a good speed

The hotel is easy to get to using the buses from the Airport (get off at Ross in St. Julians)

There are plenty of restaurants near the hotel or easy to get to Valletta on the bus.

The reception staff were always friendly.

I would defiantly stop again

Room Tip: Rooms that face Bay Street Shopping cenrte can be a little more noisy
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birzebbuga, Malta
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Me and my friends booked a weekend at this hotel after seeing and liking the pictures available on tripadvisor and the website.. Dont be fooled!! We were a group of 10; we got 3 rooms and neither one was even close to any of the pictures! The lobby is very welcoming but thats it! Broken tiles in corridors, broken tvs in the rooms, faulty plugs which led to frying my friend's phone when she plugged in her charger, leaking toilets and baths and i cannot forget to mention the squeaking mattresses that almost leave springs marks on your back!!! Last but not least.. We were totally disgusted by the stains on our sheets and towels!!!!! The prices are low but when compared to the what we got, its a total rip off! Youre better off sleeping in your car!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Janice A

Travellers are raving about these Saint Julian's hotels

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 9 November 2013

So, this is quite cheap hotel right in Paceville, which is infamous party place in Malta. If you stay here, be prepared to listen loud music well into morning. You'll have time to sleep in morning/daytime. Popular among students and partypeople who want to spend their money on something else than hotel.

I was in this hotel for 2 nights... service was ok, though little rude. Rooms are very modest but clean, I had a fridge in my room and window toward shopping center, so it was quite restless. Internet worked in one day and didn't work on another. I could recommend this hotel for people who don't spend much time in hotel room, want to save money and party all night.

Maltese airconditioning also applied in room, so in other words you'll either sweat all night or you'll be well frozen in morning. But that's a common problem in Malta.

Room Tip: Fridge is good to have in Malta. Not sure if they have it in every room, but it's a must on long...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Visited Malta for a couple of nights and chose this hotel based on location, which was great, a 30 second walk literally from the bars and clubs in Paceville.

The hotel lobby filled me with hope along with the very polite and helpful staff, however the rooms were not the best. Very basic, three single beds, a balcony door which wasn't secure and a bathroom that felt like a big cupboard. The breakfast is across the street at a different hotel, which pretty much consisted of bread and coffee, luckily I wasn't hungry. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and if you're looking for somewhere cheap and want to party, then stay here. If staying for longer than a couple of nights, I recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Feltham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I chose the place mainly for its location and it cheap price. I think sometimes I should pay bit more for a better place even if I go there only for sleep.

The hotel is on the main street where all the clubs are. As is a result is noisy 24 hours per day with the music of the clubs travelling through the concrete to the walls. You feel you 're in a night club all the time.

The room was nice, for some reason was given a triple room. Also clean, but the cleaners were banging doors and cleaning the rooms after nine. So if you haven't waken yet you 'll be waken by then. One of the days I was trying to have a lie in, they wake me told me since I was there they will not clean my room - lost my cleaning slot - but they gave me fresh towels instead. I think towels changed every day, a plus in the hotel.

Breakfast was served in a cafe across the road, very very basic and the same day after day. Basically cereals, slices of cheese and ham for sandwiches, few cheap jams and coffee or tea.

Wi-Fi was good in my room at seventh floor. But the noise of the street and the constant music never let you to relax. Add on that the young clients which often do not remember to keep quite in the corridor makes it a non relaxing place.

You get what you pay, a place to sleep in the hart of Pacevill, the clubbing area. If not for you, pay bit more and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Unless you are a party animal stay somewhere else...it is cheap for a noisy reason
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dimi_02
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

If the rooms were as nice as the lobby it would be great. The hotel is pretty average. I was not very impressed by the room, I stayed alone but had two single beds. Only 1 socket in the room to share between the TV electric heater...plus then my laptop and phone charger. However I found the location to be very convenient and over all I did not have a bad stay.

• Stayed October 2012