“Disappointing”

Ranked #49 of 306 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Bar, European, Central American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We love all things awesome, including, but not limited to, great food, tattoos, rock 'n' roll, incredible design, Angus Young, baldness, Bruce Springsteen, sleeping, cool clothes, mohawks, geeks, Al Green, and breakfast. Follow us for a backstage pass into the world of music.
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We found the quality of food really disappointing, certainly compared with the HRC London (the only other one I have been to). I had to return a cob salad because the chicken tasted simply awful, and my daughter was given the wrong accompaniement first time ( mashed potato instead of fries) with a very lacklustre bit of salmon. To be fair, the manager did not delay in apologising and sending me a differnt meal without quibble, though the approach clearly did not feed through to the staff as the bill then wrongly contained charges for both main meals including the one I had returned. The interior of the cafe is nicely presented but the outside seating is a bit bleak. Overall not quite what I'd like to expect from the franchise - it would be nice to think they will take note and improve things a bit.

• Visited June 2013
Adolf V, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Malta, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate this very much and already shared with our Chef to double check with his team. Looking forward to host you back at our Cafe and hopefully we can meet your expectations in full next time.

Thanks again.

• Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“The food was great.”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The food was great like all the hard rocks I`ve been to, but the service was slow. The only waitress that was super friendly and wanted us to have a great time, was a very cool girl with short hair. It was always a pleasure when she was serving our table, but the other ones was slow and didn`t see us. So we couldnt ask for anything. The last time we were there, we had to wait one and a half hour for our food.

1 Thank MarianneSH
Adolf V, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Malta, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for your time and courtesy in your review. We are glad you enjoyed your food however would like to understand better time and date of your visit in order to investigate further the service comment.

Will be sending you a private message soon. Hope to receive your feedback. Thanks in advance.
Paris
“Ruined HardRock”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Am a big fan of hard rock but unfortunately hard rock Malta ruined it for me ...I called earlier in the day and made reservation for two persons and when we arrived at night we were surprised to see that our name is not on the reservation list and even though there were a lot of empty tables they still made us wait for 10 minutes outside I don't know what for...only two waitresses were smiling and friendly the other workers were like zombies and had the look on their face that say what are you doing here ??? There was an offer two drinks for price of one so I ordered a blue devil and was surprised to receive two glasses on the table I told the waitress can I at least finish the first drink before I get the second she said no anyway it was too late as drink is already prepared and on the table .. The drink was sooo sweet like you are drinking a sugar syrup with ice no taste of alcohol and by the time I finished the first drink the second one became water as the ice melted and it had a lot of ice .... Food was ok not as good as other hard rocks I visited .. Won't go back there

Visited June 2013
Adolf V, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Malta, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for your time and courtesy in your review. We are truly sorry for your missed reservation and for any delay incurred during your hosting. We will definitely check this out with manager on duty and will action immediately.

As per Cocktail offer this is a standard two for the price of one. We trust this could had been explained better before but please appreciate that this is a standard practice during such offers.

We are glad you enjoyed the food. Will be sending you a private message to clarify date and time of your visit so we can investigate further your experience.

Thanks again
Arnhem, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super!”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

It was again a good experience to be at Hard Rock. The service in the restaurant was quick, friendly and fast. As we saw there are still new employees coming to work there and they were doing their very best. The burger was (as always at any Hard Rock) very warm when we got it. It was a plate full of delicious food.

• Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank snoes0108
Hi,

Thank you very much for your review. Its always great to receive such 'Super' reviews. Yes trainees are necessary to grow our team.

Thanks again.
“Terrible”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have been to Hard Rock Cafes all over the world and I have never experienced such a terrible service and attitude from staff in any of these as we did in Malta. The place was not busy but yet people could not even get a drink! In total we were about 2 hrs just getting a burger! There were plenty of staff on but no one seemed bothered about trying to give good service. We had to ask for the same thing from a few different staff members before we finally received it. Staff were rude and unhelpful. When it finally came to paying for the bill, we waited for over 15 mins for someone to come back and finish clearing our table and pay the bill. The staff were outside chatting and enjoying the sun! Never have I received such bad service and it would turn me off returning to the hard rock!

• Visited June 2013
Adolf V, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Malta, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Hi,

Really sorry to read this. We are sending you a private message for more details. We need to investigate this thoroughly. Thanks in advance.