“The George Malta”

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Zurich, Switzerland
“The George Malta”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I had one of the penthouse suits, that was really nice and convinient. Rooftop pool cool as well,
Breakfast could be a bit better organized. Good Hotel for a max trip for 10 days.
Most of the staff was very friendly.
I would go again, I liked the interior and the atmosphere

Room Tip: Penthouse suit in the 5th floor a really ad on!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Hotel is modern and well designed, generally very clean and tidy. Our room was on the 6th floor, Junior Suite which is right next to the pool - brilliant for us.

Pool is great asset for the hotel and we used it every day. Loungers were available up to about 1pm then some days it was full, others about 75% so no problems.

Do not however believe the reviews saying this is like a 5 star hotel, it isnt for some of the following reasons:

- No room service is offered which seems an obvious gap.
- Bath robes only included if you pay for them, never seen this anywhere before.
- WIFI is only free in lobby and pool although it is very fast.
- No coffee making facilities in room
- Pool needs a good clean, paint is coming off underwater and getting grimy, they could do a lot better with this.
- Some pool staff are seen sitting around watching videos on their phones when not working, often I was standing at the bar being ignored for this reason. Plates and glasses rarely collected, not nice. Lack of professionalism here and they could make a really great cocktail/snack bar to be proud of.
- Pool food is ok but limited, repetitive if you don't want to venture out.
- Finish on everything is a little poor, particularly noticeable in bathroom around edges. Light was broken for entire stay, these things should be inspected and repaired.

Overall a great stay, but could make It that little bit better

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My stance in the george hotel was fantastic. The room was really nice and confortable and workers were really polite and nice people. I've passed a incredible week in this hotel thank you for making my holidays so confortables

• Stayed August 2012
Prague
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I´m (42) working man from Czech Republic, Prague. Beeing on the business trip together with my Polish friend, we spent 3 nights in The George Hotel. As I lived three years in Malta (living partly in hotels and private flat) 20 years ago I was curiuos to see what has changed over the years in hotel industry. I chose the hotel based on my friends recommendation and it was a very good choice. I was greeted by professional General Manager of the hotel, telling us the short history of the hotel and describing the advantages. The location is excellent - close to the entertaiment center, yet quiet place to rest inside the hotel (including beautiful view to the see from my room) or having coffee while sitting in front of the hotel. Service is fine, staff helpful, food OK (having only breakfast). Nicely located is the outside swimming (clean) pool on the top of the building which I used evyr day. To sum it up, very good value for money with friendly people around. Go for it :-)
Jindrich

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We enjoyed our stay very much. It would be nice thought if there was standard a kettle in the room. We had to ask for one, because we came with a baby and needed one to boil water for his bottle. We did not use the spa or the fitness center, so our rating of it is arbitrary. Service was excellent, and maybe we come back! Thanks very much.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks while attending a course there in June-July 2012. The public areas are acceptable but my studio room was very disappointing with a balcony looking out in part on a derelict building. The service was generally pleasant and attentive. And if were looking to stay out late in the bars around the hotel it would probably be ok. The pool and bar on the roof were fine if a little short of space around the pool. Very noisy at night with very noisy air conditioning.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank CJArnoux
MalcolmMT, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at The George, Urban Boutique Hotel. I am very sorry to hear that we did not manage to exceed your expectations on this visit.

I am afraid that we do not have control on the surrounding buildings in our vicinity , and we are pleased to say that our neighborhood is constantly undergoing upgrading. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at ma@thegeorgemalta.com to pass on your room number so we could check the noise levels of the air conditioning unit .

Regards,
Malcolm
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed at The George for 4 nights in July. I was travelling alone to attend a wedding in another hotel. From the moment I arrived (middle of the night) it was a fantastic experience. Very urban, very chic. All staff, from the front desk to housekeeping (Rachel) were extremely helpful and friendly. My room was lovely with a partial sea view. The sofa, chair etc were designers guild and lovely molten brown products in the bathroom. The roof top pool is an oasis of calm. The spa was amazing and I had an excellent manicure and pedicure, also very peaceful and tranquil. Staff there were so lovely. This is an amazing hotel which I highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
#9 of 33 in Saint Julian's
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 28 in Sliema

Been to The George Hotel? Share your experiences!