“Great food, friendly staff, great location”
Review of U Bistrot

U Bistrot
Ranked #16 of 337 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Found this place while just taking a wonder around St Julian's Bay. Lovely food, well presented and great flavour. Very friendly and helpful staff, lovely location looking over the bay. Would highly recommend this place for a light lunch or full 3 course dinner :-) (Also have a good selection of delicious cocktails).

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My daughter and I visited last year and had a sumptuous meal so we decided to visit again last night. The menu was varied. Very friendly staff. Food was delightful.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have been a few times and have to say they have never disappointed. Their cheese and meat combo platter is just to die for, served by very well trained staff. Their seafood salads are very good too. Their outside seating is right on the street and pavement in full view. It is what makes the place to me, being able to soak up life passing by whilst enjoying a reasonable and very tasty meal.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice lunch, more than we expected and really perfect food, service and location - price was low and we enjoyed - I can recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were a bedraggled group of five.

We had been swimming, sailing and drinking beer all day and looked pretty bedraggled compared to the rest of the diners at UBistrot. This withstanding, the server and host treated us exceptionally well. The service at this restaurant was just so much better than the other, ten or so, other restaurants in Malta we visited on our trip.

The food was excellent too. At the table we ordered:

Caprese Salad - TRY THIS. So good and different from all the other caprese salads I have had.
The King Prawns
Traditional Fish Stew
Spaghetti Octopus
A burger- can't remember which
and the Grouper special
(sorry if these names are slightly off, I was there about 10 days ago.)

Everything was great! I had the spaghetti, and there was so much I shared with the rest of the table. I had always thought octopus was a no-go, and this dish changed my mind. So good!

UBistrot is also air conditioned. A plus.