“Great experience among lovely people”
Review of Divewise Malta

Divewise Malta
Ranked #2 of 19 Tours in Saint Julian's
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our centre is based within the grounds of the Westin Dragonara Resort in St Julian's leading towards the casino - a fabulous location which is underground in the old workshops that were built in the times of the Knights of St John and have lots of character....Made the best use possible of these beautiful features with a modern twist and have an office, reception, small shop area, kit room, compressor room and classroom - outside we have plenty of room with fabulous wash/dry/storage facilities, good seating and shaded areas with drinks and snacks machines - 50 meters walk to the sea pool and house reef
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have spent one week in Malta and we went diving three days with Divewise.
We contacted them via email in advance and book our first dive. As soon as we checked in at our hotel, we came to the diving centre to complete forms and we were told what time we should be there, next day and how things would be organised. Everybody was very friendly and helpful.

Following morning we were given our gear and a box with a number which will be ‘yours’ in case you intend to dive again with them. The first day, the dive was by the dive centre but after that we had a really good day at Comino (two dives) with Anna-Belle and Dan and then another fantastic dive at Ghar Lapsi with Belle again. She is a great dive master and good fun too.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Took my refresher course there as my first time was almost a year ago. Professional staff made it super easy to get back into it. Very nice house dives sites too with only couple of minutes to walk to. I stayed at the Hilton and the complimentary pick up services takes longer than the 5 minute walk there. :)
This was my first time with wet suit and shore dives, which oddly enough made my breathing go funny. Anne took it slow and after 5 minutes getting used to everything, we were off to the deep ;)
I very much enjoyed my 2 day dive and can only recommend divewise. Also thanks to everyone in the office, super swiftly answering my emails before the trip!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

A friend and I booked 8 dives with Dive Wise and we had a really good time. First of all, we were surprised that they didn't charge us extra for nitrox. The guides were for the most part quite knowledgable about the history of the wrecks we went to see. They were also very conscious about the security of the dives. One day we went to the Blue Hole in Gozo. However, when we got there the instructor advised us not to go. The currents were too strong and white water was actually coming into the blue hole. The group took the advice and stayed out of the hole... and instead we had an awesome dive at the Inland Sea and the Gozo Wrecks.

They only "bad" thing is that the trucks are pretty worn. On the bumpy roads of Malta that leaves a sore butt :-) But looking at the trucks from some of the other dive centres, this seems to be the standard.

In short, I can really recommend Dive Wise.

1  Thank Christian U
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Divewise is a good and professional dive center in Malta. I did my upgrade from scuba diver to open water diver and a nitrox course, afterwards did one recreational dive on shipwreck Maori.

Pros:
Experienced and friendly staff
Safety in first place
Can pick You up from hotel
Good boat
Pleasure to dive with this team

Cons:
No shower
Can be a bit impersonal because of a lot of peoples is in the course for every day
Rush rush rush
Dive computer is not coming in stadard full equipment, have to pay 10 euros extra
Only instructor / divemaster have dive computer on dives
No underwater cameras for rent (but there is a camera in a list on the website)

1  Thank Irmantas T
Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a fantastic dive centre! Dived with them for a week in March 2013 and I can only say good things. As I was moving to technical diving for practice I did recreational dives on a twinset and they were fully supportive with that. The staff is very friendly and supportive plus some of them are real diving gurus so each day was an adventure with a different dive guide and an opportunity to learn from them all. My girlfriend came along for a week of relaxing in the sun but ended up doing a drysuit diver course. It's one of these places where you come as a customer and leave as a friend, we will definitely be back!