“a good place to start exploring Malta”

Sogdiana Guest-House
Ranked #5 of 14 Saint Julian's B&B and Inns
Rome, Italy
“a good place to start exploring Malta”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Me and my husband have stayed at this guest house for 3 nights in late May for our 1st anniversary. We've chosen Sogdiana because of its location and because all the other places didn't have good reviews. It's conveniently located in the centre of St.Jullien just a couple of minutes from the bus station, but yet in a quiet area.

The room assigned when we arrived was very small, so for a little supplement we had deluxe one, much more spacious and with a jacuzzi too. The place is very clean and quite, but there's no common area beside breakfast room. Remember it's a guest house, so you won't find bath soap, shampoo or hair dryer. The owners are very nice, trying to help the guests as much as possible, they gave us a convertor, hair dryer and all the info we requested re the island.

Breakfast is not great, just ok ness cofe, butter, jam & croissant, cheese and ham all pre-packed though, so i think it can be improved, some homemade sweets would be a nice touch.
A good experience overall and a good value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alinafor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2009

A very friendly welcome in a spacious clean room. Eve and her team look after you very well and are always happy to help. Nice and quiet if you want a restful break. Conveniently located for travel round the island and for leisurely strolls along the seafront bays. Thanks Eve.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Friend_of_Barbra
Dublin
Reviewed 2 December 2009

if you're planning to go on holidays to malta, thats the place to stay. I had a wonderful time from the beginning up to the very end. Anytime I needed some help, tips and even company to go out, the fantastic team was always happy to help me out. Even the owner , she looks after the guests as a member of her own family. it's more than a business thing, she really cares about the customers, that's why i felt so pleased. That's all about. Really nice atmosphere.
Breakfast included and it does make difference, plenty of food before start your journey around the maltese islands. No other place can beat the location which is just fantastic. Nightlife is just arounf the corner either buses to valetta and other spots.
The rooms are all ensuite, big , comfortable and incredibly clean. Good value for money, it really worth every single penny...
I Was travelling on my own and had a wonderful time in there. Cant wait to go back and im sure i will....
Highly recommended....
***** Gay friendly

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marceloiamtheman
scotland
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Had a brilliant week Eve and staff looked after me better than a mother
Nothing any trouble ie local info, ordering taxi s , breakfast time very variable great after a late night
Eve is a great lady now a true friend. Carlos lovely keeps rooms spotless.
Bar staff friendly and helpful
Hotel near the clubs in Paceville, near bus station making it easy to get to Valletta
Great relaxed stay. Give this hotel a try.best for singles and couples

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank furye6
berlin
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I have been there one week and I liked it. The hostel is in St Julian but not on the main street so you can sleep at night ....
The staff is very friendly

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank weltentdecker_bln
UK
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I stayed at Adam's & Eves for a two week period during September and from arriving I found the hotel staff most welcoming and helpful. I was greeted on arrival and shown my room. On first impressions the hotel and rooms were extremely clean and well presented. I found the luxury of having your own personal jacuzzi an added bonus not forgetting the air conditioning facility. Staff at the hotel provided me with local information for bus travel, venues and places to visit. The staff even took me to the local gay scene on the first night - as I was on holiday alone it was quite reassuring to be with someone local initially until I was fully orientated to the locality. Night life was great, people were really friendly and I took a great liking to the music. Breakfasts at Adam's were more than adequate; having a choice of cereals, tea or coffee pot and the cheese and meat platter with toast. Anytime I needed help or advice I only needed to ask one of the members of staff who were always helpful. I really enjoyed my stay at Adam's and indeed St Julian's; the weather was perfect, the locality offerred a chioce of both busy and quiet space to unwind and I found that there were lots of things to see and do not forgetting the sightseeing trips on offer to other places such as the one I experienced to Gozo & Comino (the Blue Lagoon) which is well worth visiting. Overall, Adam's made me feel at home and made my holiday special and enjoyable and I certainly hope to visit again next year.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank UKMick36
London
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We were greeted with smiles and made to feel very welcome. The hotel is clean and bright, the rooms very well kept and the hotel is situated in an excellent location for access to all of the attractions Malta has to offer. The staff went out of their way to help and make us comfortable and we would definitley stay there again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple