“So bad it was funny”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Raffael

Raffael
Ranked #158 of 304 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“So bad it was funny”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to try this place after the 2 other restaurants we wanted to go to were full. We were served relatively quickly which was not surprising since all of the waiting staff appeared to have drank far too much red bull! It was hard to relax with them zooming about the place!

We ordered our food and a bottle of wine. Instead we were given a bottle of water. I noticed the menu said wholemeal pasta available and when I asked for it, the waitress just said "no you can't have it". When the "food" arrived, my girlfriend and I just started laughing, and when we tasted it we wished we had went to McDonald's. The waiter said he would try to find us some cheese and promptly disappeared, never to be seen again...except to mock a customer who had the audacity to show up in a leather jacket in 26 degree heat!

We always leave a tip but I refused to here. If you "eat" here expect a nice view but DO NOT expect good service or edible food!

1 Thank andyc2407

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
“The worst in Malta ”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We went in this "restaurant" last Sunday! Location is good but this is been the worst experience in my life!! I took spaghetti alla marinara, my boyfriend ravioli with ricotta, better nothing, really!!!! We feel bad for rest of journey, the food was really abominable... Never seen nothing like this place! Believe me, don't go!!!

“Should have been so much better”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Looks like a good place from the outside with a great view but disappointing after that. Food was mediocre, busy and the staff cannot cope with the demands of the customers. Could have been much better.

• Visited July 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Never again”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

As someone stated before me the view is stunning! One of the best location probably in St Julians but yeah...thats all you get. I cant complain on the table because we got one of the nicest seat in the restaurant, perfect view.
We waited around 20 min to someone even show up and take our drink order. Not an impressive start. Had a bottle of white, was actually ok. I had a malta special pasta with rabbit sauce and my boyfriend went for the traditional fried rabbit. We got our food in time but in the minute i was looking at my plate my appetite was gone...I was just hoping for the best and that its taste better than it looks. Same with my boyfriend...His rabbit was actually swimming in a dark brownish sauce while my pasta was dry.
...Im not gonna lie we were pretty hungry and the view was excellent I didnt want to leave or complain. Ate what we could and asked for the bill. We paid £50 euros for a bottle of wine, two main and a starter for share.
There are soo much better places in Malta and so much better food.

• Visited July 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Disaster”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The view over the bay is amazing. The food tastes nice. That's it I am afraid. Avoid this place if you don't want to get angry and frustrated at the staff. They are hopeless.

The restaurant was super busy when we came. When we were waiting for the table we witnessed a fall out between the manager and the waiter. It was awkward to watch. We could leave this place but we didn't. Wasted opportunity really.

We didn't get any cutlery. We had to ask for it.
We ordered drinks first. All went ok. However we had to wait for 15 mins for them. We ordered our starters and mains. The starters arrived in 20 mins and then it started. The service just collapsed.

My friend got his main dish and I have been informed that my meal is coming. 5 minutes later still nothing. I told my friend to start eating because I didn't want his meal to get cold. After 10 minutes he almost finished his meal and I still haven't received mine! I went to the manager to complain about it. He told me that he will investigate it. He hasn't returned and after 15 minutes the waitress finally brought my meal (half an hour after my friends'). She did apologise but didn't provide any explanation. I asked for a drink and guesd what? It took 20 minutes for them to bring a glass of coke. At this point I just started laughing. The waitress apologised again and offered a complimentary coffee. Guess what. Yes you are right! Another 15 minutes before I saw that coffee on my table. During the whole process I have been served by 5 different people. The whole experience was like a comedy sketch. At least the food was nice. There goes your tip.

Just don't go there unless you want to wait forever for your food. Terrible service. The worst I have seen in ages.