“Best pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have been to I Monelli many times and overall the food is very good. Last night we had pizza and were reminded why it's the best on the island : high quality ingredients combined with a light, crisp base, cooked to perfection. We had the Regina Margherita and Sfiziosa which are both excellent. Also had some very good Sicilian wine and rounded the evening off with a delicious slice of Cassata Siciliana. We often take our Italian friends there and have never been let down. Reservations recommended as it gets very busy and isn't very big.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Out of the four pizzas we got at the table, we liked two and the other two were OK. The Lasagne pizza and the Vesuvio were tasty. Service and ambiance were nice.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This is as authentic Sicilian as you can get without crossing the water. The place is usually very busy but the staff are efficient and friendly nonetheless.

If you do go I suggest you don't miss their vegetable antipasti which are superb with crusty Maltese bread or a focaccia. Then follow up with one of their delicious pizzas. The dough is light and almost fluffy and everything is so very tasty.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Pizza was excellent. Other foods were quite good but i must say that it is a very good place for pizza most of all.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have dined here on numerous occasions however last Saturday was definitely the pick of the lot. First off we were a group of 14 persons with two babies, yet the staff at hand did their utmost to make us comfortable and even re-arranged the seating arrangement for us in order to make sure we are comfortable.
We all opted to have Pizza's and i shared a Pizza DOP and a Siciliana which was fantastic. The DOP comes with porcini mushrooms, parma ham, rucola and nuts, whilst the Siciliana come with Fior Di Latte and grilled aubergines. I really enjoyed both of them.
For desert we had the deep fried pizza dough balls with nutella and pistachio cream which were also very good.
Thumbs up for great food and service.