“My oh my”

Cuisines: Sushi, Indian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My girlfriend and I came to Hugo's to have some cocktails during happy hour. The comfy seats outside were all taken, so we went indoors, where, after NOT being greeted by anyone, we made our way to tables which had chairs that had a back. After a while, a waiter came and asked us if we were eating. We said we weren't, and he said that the tables were only for people who were eating. I pointed out that the place was empty apart from us, yet he insisted we should have asked him whether we could sit or not. Since he so clearly didn't want us to be seated at that table, we got out of our chairs, walked out of the door and went to a nearby place instead, where we spent money and gave the waiter a tip. Moral of the story: don't be an idiot.

1  Thank thisusernamewastaken

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We ate here several times during our stay in St Julian's.

We're big fans of Asian food so when we saw the varied Asian menu (Indian, Thai, Sushi) we were skeptical, particularly as the bar-resto is right in the middle of the infamous Paceville!

However, all the sushi dishes ordered were excellent and reasonably priced. Drinks were also reasonably priced and there is a good "Happy Hour" ( all-night on Wednesday, I think).

Unfortunately, we were slightly disappointed with the Thai dishes we ordered. The sea-food fried rice was bland and should have been served with chili oil etc.. and the spicy sea-food soup was sloppy.

Anyway, overall, great experience, good food and we would definitely eat there again.

2  Thank la_viajera_constanta
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Was once one of best two Thai restaurants in Malta, now sadly has completely changed and food has got worse.

The rice was burnt and clumpy with no taste. The rest of dishes were over oily. No attention is paid to whether they place burnt items om my plate.

Save your money and just drink if anything and walk 100 metre down the road to a restaurant that takes pride in it's food.

3  Thank tillerbar
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We ate here several times on holiday as it was several bars/lounges in one establishment. The food was very varied, with something for everyone and catering for all tastes. Our son particularly enjoyed having breakfast in Roccos. We had a great time meeting friends for a few drinks and watching the World Cup in Hugos Pub too. Very central and handy for our hotel. The service was good, with the staff being very pleasant, but as with the rest of Malta, don't expect it quickly. It ended up being a part of our day most days.

1  Thank Jillybean2109
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went to Hugo's a few times for happy hour and to watch the tennis on our recent holiday in Malta. We didn't order food as we're vegetarian and with it being Asian/sushi I was too concerned about possible fish contact, plus there wasn't much I liked on the menu. I have to say the food looked good - well presented, and people appeared to enjoy it. Just not my personal choice of food.

Drinks we good, we returned a few times. They even do extended happy hour on Wednesday nights so we popped in for our final cocktail then!