“Good”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went recently for dinner with a group of friends, the setting is unbeatable - you are dining two paces away from the sea - and the service was friendly and quick. Our pre-dinner drinks where a bit of let down, but the pasta with clams that I ordered was good. One of our group ordered a pizza which was also good. All in all, a bit pricey for what it is but good overall.

Try the salmon starter.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Have dined many times at Guiseppe's Lido,we were always satisfied,with the very helpful friendly staff.The food is of good quality and very well presented also good variety of wines.Open air and romantic atmosphere facing the sea.One of my favorites

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were shown to our table in this very nice looking restaurant. The waiter came to take our drinks order, order a bottle of red wine then selected a bottle of rose, he couldn't find it on his
hand held order device, we showed him on the menu but still could not find it so he went off to look without taking the rest of drink order. After 20 min he still had not returned, we asked someone else to chase it up and he eventually returned with the red wine and rose and telling how great he was that he managed to find this wine for us !! We then were able to order the other drinks. Then came the ordering of the food. After another long wait two of our party of seven received their pizza, the waiter then said the rest of the food will be about 7 minutes, I said I did not think this was very good as we all ordered together and want to eat together the waiter told us it was because the piza came from over the road ! I then asked to see the manager and he said that was him, I found this hard to believe so asked him if he owned the restaurant and he laughed and said no, so I said please get the owner, after another 10 minutes the owner came over, I explained the situation and by that time the 2 who had pizza had finished and there was no sign of ours. The owner was apologetic and said they had only opened the night before and there were a few problems and he offered us 25 percent of the bill. The other meals then arrived.
I would like to point out the food was fantastic and I feel very sorry for the chef as unless he goes somewhere else he may end up looking bad . The owner never came to see how we got on in the end which i thought he would have. The final straw was on leaving i said to the waiter the food was really nice and he said oh like me !!
I think there should have been a notice saying the place had just opened so we could have chosen to still go there if we wanted to.
Food and wine spot on service and delivery poor

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

While the setting is incredibly nice, don't fall for the drinks or hookah invite.

Both are terrible; the guiness is not guiness, the frappe is anything but and the hookah is the cheapest choice I could find. Didn't try anything else .. Wonder why:-)

If out for drinks and hookah, go somewhere else

Reviewed 17 July 2014

These people eo not know what restaurant means foe belgian citizens. Do not go there.

We went there in couple to pass a good time. We took two tequila sunrises and ordered one sebass and one beef rump.nothing very excentric. After 40 minutes of waiting, we asked to the waiter what happened with our order. No clear answer. Since there is a huge belgian flag signalibg the restaurant, we asked if they had belgian beer. They did not. We then asked if they had corona (which was on they menu). They did not. We then asked for one white glass of wine and one cisk (local beer) in despair of seeing our meals. After one hour, we reminded the waiter that we wanted to know where were our meals or we leave the restaurant. After 1h15 we received our meaĺ without the side dishes (salad and patata bravas). They arrived ten minutes later.

The way they handle their tables and orders is completely chaotic.

Avoid this restaurant at all costs.