“A home away from home”
Review of Boho Hostel

Boho Hostel
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've been to many hostels through my travels and Boho was the best experience by far. It added a new dimension to my trip in Malta and made the traveling experience complete. I met wonderful people there, and felt very welcome by the staff. I was sad to leave but I know I will be back. Boho is definitely an experience not to miss!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Can you imagine a place that you plan to stay for 1 week, and stay for 6? This is Boho!! The best hostel ever! Feel like home, meet really great travelers and staff and enjoy this sunny place, with a beautiful garden and a wonderful atmosphere! Sahha!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am a singer who travels around Europe and I stayed in Malta throughout Nov-Dec and came to Boho due to liking what I saw on the web. I wasn't disappointed. It's easy to give the usual cliche's "The place was clean", "The staff were friendly" etc, however these things should be expected for paying customers, right? I actually extended my stay in Malta for another 5 weeks due to the friends I made there and this includes the staff and owner, Penny. If there were ever any problems she was always quick to help and we could contact her at any time day or night (within reason :) ). I am very tall and was pleased to find comfy beds, we also had good lockers and power showers. The water was always hot and in December when it became cold we had heaters for the rooms. I will return to Malta one day and will make sure I visit or stay back at Boho. The hostel is a little far from the town centre but it's actually conveniently located inbetween Sliema and St. Julians. There's also a free taxi service arranged with Boho that picks you up from Spinola Bay 3 times a night.

This was my second time in Malta and it was Boho that really made the difference. Oh, the staff would bring the guests down to my shows every Saturday night too! Even Penny came once! Thanks guys, I'll always love you! ;)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MCharlerySmith
Joensuu, Finland
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My first experience with staying in a hostel, could not have picked a better place for it. Great experience and awesome people at the hostel, aswell as the whole staff. I stayed for 3 weeks and time was going so fast there.

One thing worth mentioning, this place is also kept very clean. I'm very allergic to cats and there's a cat in the hostel, but the place was kept so clean all the time that not once I had any allergic reactions whatsoever, which was very positive surprise for me.

If you go to Malta, definetly book your stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Janne K
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Spent a few days here recently. Owner well organised and so business run well, hostel spotless and tastefully decorated in shabby chic, staff friendly, guests have formed a real welcoming community, for me location was good, excellent value for money. What's not to like? Outstanding in my book much better than some characterless 3 star hotel chafing 5 times the price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The hostel is one of the most chilled places I have been at. The garden with the hammocks is amazing for a night drink and sharing stories, or simple to relax. Definitely my favorite part of the hostel. In general, rooms are pretty good, everything is nice and clean and on top of that, 10min walk to the center, 15 to the best pubs in Malta, in Paceville: Amazing!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed. Perfect location, very friendly staff (specially Penny, the owner who is very nice and helpful). The atmosphere of the hostel is amazing, very relaxing and there is always nice people from different countries around... it was perfect for me because I went there alone and made a lot of friends and enjoyed a lot. Also it was very clean!!!

If you go to Malta, do not hesitate to go to Boho Hostel!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
#1 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Topaz Hotel
Topaz Hotel
#3 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Boho Hostel? Share your experiences!