“Ok hotel could be better for familys”
Review of Hilton Malta

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 8 November 2013

me and my husband and or 2 children went to Malta for a break, one of or friends who lives in Malta recommend the hotel as one of the best in Malta.Me & my husband have stayed in Oberoi hotels in India, and I can say hand on heart Oberoi are better!
upon arrival we waited to be checked in and or bags was taken to our room with the man waiting for a tip! which I think is rude as it makes you feel very uncomfortable, which some 5 star hotels tell you not to tip. and they don't expect it either.
We had an executive suite, which was nice big enough for a 6 yr old and 3 yr old. we had a balconcy which over looked the pool and across to the casino not for away. the view was lovely, down side when you looked down there was a car park which at night on weekend got a bit noisy from merry locals. and also some old boats.we had a super bed. the children's bed was a sofa bed, which was flimsy and had a gap at the sides where springs where dangerous for young children as limbs could quite easily get stuck. so I had to place pillows over them for safety. the room was kept clean and who cleaned or room done a great job considering that children do make a mess!
with 2 children as young as they are you would expect some talking and happiness in a hotel that I must say isn't for children! my children aren't bad well mannered and I am not bad. I am telling the truth!
when the children spoke around the pool laughed or walked, people gave dirty looks. manly older couples.I felt as though we shouldn't be around the children's pool! which had couples around with no children yet it was as though we wasn't supposed to be there. the children's pool is very small! and up to the kids knees! there is also a play area which is sand with a plastic play house and small side, which was Ok. although the sand was like snow grit in England!!
we went to the hotels restaurants which had a vast amount of food. The bottega del vino restaurant had a children's menu was brilliant classics like spongebob pizza, the stuff children from England would eat! and well priced.The others never which is very disapointing as some children won't eat big expensive meals! breakfast in the morning had many variety of breakfasts from pastrys to toast, fruit,omelette made in front of you and you could personalise.one thing there name tags for the hot foods was wrong. still and sparking water mixed up, and sausages my husband doesn't eat pork and they had chicken sausages and it was pork! not good.
The hotels car park is free when vailded by the hotel and is underneath the hotel its self.
had no trouble with parking there dispite being told 1st come 1st served.
there is also a supermarket on level 3 to.
the staff where ok friendly 'good mornings' and 'afternoons' all around although some staff looked as they was forced to be polite.
The indoor pool isn't very big. no lifeguard was around, unsupervised as I asked because there was serveral children bombing in the pool, when there was couples with small babies in the pool. there was signs stating it, but no supervising parents. life guard would be advised!
overal good for couples not familys

Room Tip: rooms on the pool side lose sun in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear mammakayz

I was so sorry to read your review. We pride ourselves to be a hotel that caters for all types of business.

I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on Annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com to have a better understanding of the shortfalls you have mentioned.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to hear from you.

Stayed 4 days.
Changed room given another with a palm tree blocking view. Told hotel full, yeah right ,in November ( didn't appear to be full ) we are blue hilton honours.
Again hotel charging for wifi,this practice has to stop,it is source of much irritation.
Minibar in room is primed to charge if u lift anything. Ie a charge of €25 if u remove stuff to put in ur own, outrageous .
In November , no sun after 3 pm ,as hotel shadow blots out sun. Obviously not hotels fault but be a ware
Now good stuff , excellent facilities, good pools( not heated an freezing) great gym an indoor heated pool,nice public areas. Room comfortable,uk plugs. Staff courteous enough an helpful
Lots of nearby restaurants( recommend the avenue(3 mins walk) ). The sightseeing buses(€17) hop on hop off ,is right outside hilton. Nightclubs cinema 1 5 mins
Overall area is not impressive, rather grotty (apart from adjoining Marina). But then malta is not cotedazure or Amalfi .
But nice break an beats UK in November.

Room Tip: Don't unpack, check what they're giving u first.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David L
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear DavidL

Thank you for your time. Such criticisms are more than welcome and are accepted in a positive way as they permit us to monitor and so improve the services we provide.

Your feedback with regards to internet and min bar service has been most valuable and will be shared with the respective team.

I fully understand your disappointment with regards to your room allocation.I kindly ask you to contact me directly on annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com as I wish to investigate futher about your experience.

I look forward to hear from your.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

There are several good things about this hotel such as:

-friendly, professional staff
-location, on local bus route to Valetta, walkable distance to Sliema, plenty of restaurants
-food (only ate at pool and at the bar)
-room and beds, comfortable, nice linen, great views

However the downside is:

-very large and very loud reception and restaurant, not inviting
-only 2 of the 4 outdoor pools open in November and the main pool is in the shade from 2pm, other sunnier pools were closed, nowhere else to enjoy afternoon sun.
-poor spa experience from both of us although we had different therapists
-indoor pool showers are moldy and not very clean
-although the room was nicely tidied the general cleanliness standard was not great

Not terrible but not brilliant either.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear KeemBay

Following your recent stay here at Hilton Malta, I am extremely sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations

I have shared your remarks with the respective departments for their attention and any action required.

With reference to the pools being closed, our Summer season starts from July and ends in October. Any other additional days are all dependant on weather conditions.

i do hope to have the chance to restore your confidence in us in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance should you be returning to Malta.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Wanted to stay at this hotel for many years so we booked on for a couple of days to chill out and relax. It didn't start well when we were given a different room to the one we had booked, so had to return to reception and change rooms. The room was very large and well furnished but the phones didn't work so had to walk down to reception again to report it. We did see rooms been re painted and during most of our time there we could hear furniture been moved around. We did complain to reception and the duty manager but no one admitted what the noise was or even seemed to care. I found the staff not very helpful even though most other reviews say that they are very friendly and helpful. We have travelled around the world and stayed in lots of very good hotels, this one looks very grand but it lacks atmosphere and is very bland. The hotel looks very impressive but our stay was an anti climax and would probably not stay again - still many other hotel in Malta to try out

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SarahB5

Thank you for taking the time to share your views about your stay with us at Hilton Malta. Monitoring guest comments is vital for our continued success

Dear SarahB5, I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on Annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com as I wish to investigate further with regards to your experiences during your stay in our hotel

I look forward to hear from your good self

Reviewed 6 November 2013

What a fantastic hotel with excellent rooms, facilities and food but more importantly the friendliest and most helpful staff I have come across in a hotel.Without doubt the best Hilton I have stayed in.The hotel was immaculate and the choice of food and eating places was second to none. Worthy of its five star rating.

Room Tip: Certainly worth paying that little bit extra to have an executive room and the use of the executive...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dougie R

Dear Dougie R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. It is always a pleasure when guests take the time to commend us.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This our 10th stay at Malta Hilton, we wouldn't stay anywhere else on Malta, the Staff are brilliant, all areas of hotel inside and out are excellent, room was as always first class with a great view, two minutes outside the hotel you have a choice of hundreds of quality eateries, we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Geoff H
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Geoff H

We are grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us, and delighted that we have evidently managed to make your stays at Hilton Malta memorable. Your comments motivate us to strive to do even better, which we hope you will be able to judge for yourself when you visit us again.

It is gratifying to us that you consider us your home in Malta, and we will do our best to ensure you always feel welcome, comfortable, and cared for when you are here.

Thanks again, and warm regards

Reviewed 5 November 2013

First and foremost, would like to apologise for my silly title. Let me explain-- I am a business traveller who frequently stays at Hilton's (worldwide). Up till my recent stay at the Hilton Malta, the Hilton Tokyo was my favourite Hilton property but, boy, they were knocked off the top spot...

At the end of October, my family and I visited Malta for three nights and stayed at the Hilton Malta. After an uncomfortable ride on the minibus provided by the airport transfer company, we were welcomed by this wonderful property. We arrived at approximately 11:30am but was immediately checked into our two King Size Sea View Rooms (note: availability of early check in obviously varies based on availability). We were escorted to our rooms and WOW both were brilliant. Let me provide you with more details:

Check In:
Polite and efficient check in. I reckon can be busy at times as this is a busy hotel but with the live piano music in the background and the beautiful view of the outdoor pool... one can wait. Was given a refreshing welcome drink and was wisked away to our rooms.

Room(s):
Reserved two rooms facing the sea with king sized beds. Both rooms also had sofa beds but according to hotel management this can vary. Had a spacious balcony in both with furniture. Great minibar which is well stocked and the bathroom was... incredible! Step in shower, separate bathtub and separate toilet. Have stayed in numerous hotels in the past but this was by far the largest. As we were staying with four children, the hotel stocked our rooms with extra amenities. Had a large TV but sorry didn't test it out as we spent most of our time outside. Would have been nice to have interconnecting rooms but can't ask for everything.

Executive Lounge:
I fortunate enough to be given access to the Executive Lounge. Had a wonderful buffet breakfast every morning with a wide variety of choices. Staff were attentive and the view from the executive lounge was stupendous. Did visit the executive lounge in the evening for drinks. Although I do not drink, I did see a large selection of alcohol. Had some tidbits to eat but was slightly disappointed as they did not have any dessert. Perhaps I'm being fickle but as I don't drink I do have a sweet tooth.

Indoor Pool:
Clean and tidy. The water was crisp and was slightly heated for your comfort. They did provide us with towels (which we were able to hire when heading out to the beach).

Outdoor Pool(s):
This property has several outdoor pools although two of them were closed when we visited. This again was clean and tidy. Had a sanded area imitating a beach.

Location:
25 minute drive from the airport. Had numerous restaurants and bars around the hotel. Arkadia Supermarket is within walking distance (slightly on dear on the purse). If you are into nightlife, you can easily walk to St. George's Bay for a dance or whatever vice you are into. Tour buses either pick up, drop off at the hotel or within walking distance from the hotel. Very convenient.

Other:
I believe what makes this property wonderful is the fact that all staff are always looking for ways of caring for you. Let me provide you with examples:
1. Prior to arriving, Philippa who is the assistant to the Director or Operations was helpful in arranging a surprise for my wife (wedding anniversary). Not only that, she was always available to answer my questions... regardless of how silly they were;
2. Edward at the concierge desk was kind enough to arrange for all our tours... knowing that we had limited time, he did come up with a brilliant schedule
I can name a few more but I believe this makes my point. Hospitality is indeed alive in this property. I was impressed and look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank HHRich

Dear HHRich

Thank you!
We are grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us.. We are very proud of being responsible of this wonderful establishment. It is our committed aim to offer the highest levels of service possible and do our utmost to meet and exceed every expectation of each one of our guests.

Thank you very much for your detailed write up on your experience with us and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back to our property being for business or for pleasure.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 28 in Sliema

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!