My impressions of the hotel didn't start well when I contacted them in advance to book a table for a special meal at the Oceana restaurant and they couldn't tell me whether it would be open and never came back to me. It improved on arrival - the hotel staff were friendly and welcoming and the service was good (they sorted a special breakfast table for my mum's birthday). The room was excellent - spacious and well appointed with a large balcony and great views of the bay and the pool.
There were a number of things though that would have merited a five star rating:
- the breakfast was ok but not great. The hot food looked (and tasted) as if it had been there a while, particularly the scrambled eggs and the selection of breads was poor
- the cost of the wifi! Ok so it was free in the lobby but how can a hotel of this standard justify charging 15 euros a day in the room? And then have a limit of the number of devices you can use?
- the spa. The treatments were good, with lots of choice and reasonably priced, but th pre and post relaxation areas need some thought. Being sat in the middle of a walkway afterwards - with a flimsy net curtain - with lots of gym noise spoils the effect somewhat
The location of the hotel was good in easy walking distance of lots of restaurants and a good bus service, although this area isn't as picturesque as other parts of the island from what I saw. Good value for what we paid but would benefit from a slightly more exclusive approach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the prestigious Portomaso development within the fashionable district of St. Julian’s, the Hilton Malta hotel has come to represent the style, comfort and hospitality for which the Hilton brand is renowned. Standing as a centrepiece of the coastline and an intrinsic part of the Tumas Group’s flagship design, Hilton Malta sits comfortably alongside Portomaso Business Tower, the Residences and Yacht Marina in one of the most exciting and dynamic property developments anywhere in the Mediterranean. With remarkable views of the Mediterranean, the 410 rooms and suites available offer the discerning guest unrivalled relaxation and comfort. All the hotels rooms and suites have a Mediterranean décor with eith a balcony or terrace overlooking the prestigious Portomaso Yacht Marina or offer spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Hilton Saint Julians
- Hilton Saint Julian's
- Hilton Hotel Malta
- Saint Julian's Hilton