“Great family hotel overlooking the ocean. Top notch room accommodation. Great service. Friendly island.”
Review of Hilton Malta

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I arrived in Malta airport with only one small carry-on luggage, so I decided to take the bus to the hotel. The bus number is X2 and the fare only costs 2.60 Euros and took approximately 45 minutes to arrive. The bus driver was friendly when asked where to get off. He even reminded me that it was my stop. Ross was the bus stop. Walking to the hotel took no more than 5 minutes. This is the exact same bus stop catching the bus back to the airport. Unfortunately, the hotel receptionists told me otherwise which caused me to run around the area expecting the bus to run the opposite side from where I’ve arrived. In fact, it was the same exact stop where I’ve arrived. Good thing there was another friendly public bus service attendant who confirmed the X2 bus goes in a circle back to the airport. Returning to the airport took over 1 hour, so be prepared.
Being a Hilton Diamond member I was directed to check in at the executive lounge for check-in. The lounge has a breathtaking view over the ocean. One great thing about the lounge is that it served variety of great local wines. I was expecting Milanese wine to be fortified but I had some great dry wines during my short, three days on the island.
I was given a room on the 7th floor. Getting to my room on the first attempt was a challenge. Even with exact direction from the receptionist, I doubled backed a couple of times before finding the right direction. The hotel complex is quite large and has a newly build section which my room was located. My review is based on the new room. One could tell that it is quite new because there was still smell of fresh paint in the hallway corridor. The room was fabulous given the view of the ocean and a balcony to sit and relax in. The bed was very comfortable and large. Separately shower and bath was great. Everything about the room was fantastic. The only issue I’ve encountered was I was bothered countless times by someone upstairs wearing high heels constantly clucking on the hard floor. It was very annoying. Otherwise, the room offered everything one would need to relax and enjoy the view. I did not have noise coming from adjacent rooms.
Internet connection was on and off at times. I found early morning the connection speed was much faster and reliable. HDMI connection to the TV is on channel 76. I must have spent a half an hour trying to figure this out. Calling the service hotline didn’t help either. The hotel had a DVD player connected to the tv and if you have your own portable media player the HDMI output channel is only available on channel 76. Input button on the tv and remote does not work.
The outdoor pool area is huge with multiple pools for adults and children. There is also Beach Club which is great place for kids to run around and play with sand. Unfortunately, the outdoor area was completely closed because it only opens during spring and summer seasons. The indoor pool is the only one that is open. There is also sauna and steam room.
Breakfast was great. The hotel offered wide variety of hot and cold food. All western type.
Casino is located next to the hotel. You must bring identification during the first visit. They will offer a card for future visits.
There is a great local supermarket where the bus stop is, also there are plenty of restaurants within the area.
This is a fantastic hotel to stay in during Malta. Booking a club room is highly recommended because you get access to the lounge.

Room Tip: Book a executive room. Ask for a new room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear TP2WXC

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us and pleasue do accept our sincere apologies for the wrong information provided at reception. Your comment has been forwarded to our front office manager who joins me in apologising.

We are very pleased that apart from the issue mentioned above you otherwise had a great stay and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon!

Hilton Malta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,007)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The rooms are very very noisy with :
* TV sounds going from one room to another
* tiled floor in the rooms, so noise for every single walk and chair move in the rooms up or besides !

Staff unfriendly

One of my most horrible stay in hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank chris c
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear chris c
I was so sorry to read your review.

I would greatly appreciate if you contact me on annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com as I would like to better understand and address the shortfalls you have mentioned.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

It's a hilton so is situated in a cozy spot off the water. Overall very good but no included wifi this was disappointing for. 21st century 5 star hotel. Otherwise good and one day when we return to Malta I hope to stay again and perhaps try the jet skis they had down at the marina they looked fab!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicktorian
Dear Nicktorian

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

The season for jet skis is from June up to September so we look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back at that time of year!

Feel free to contact me directly for any assistance with your future bookings.

Philippeville, Belgium
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This Hilton is definitively well located, closed to Peaceville, "The Place" discos and bars, and with a view on Portomaso, with a large choice of restaurant within a walking distance. The hall, the restaurants, the commun parts are surely very well decorated and in accordance with the 5 stars when the rooms are with very different levl of quality, depending of the type (contemporary or classic style) and the location within the hotel. The service is good and professional, trying to meet your needs when it is possible; the restaurants are offering interesting diversified cuisine (Thai, Italian, International), but you can also easily find better opportunities quality/price within a walking distance from the hotel. The Exececutive lounge is proposing pre-dinner free alcoholic drinks (very limited choice!) and appetizers from 06.00 pm till 08.00 pm only and is open to kids...which make the place not so quiet and relaxing than expected.

Room Tip: To ask specifically either for classic or contemporary style, to avoid rooms to much distant from th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PatrickDebus
Dear PatrickDebus

Following your recent stay here at Hilton Malta, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review on your stay with us. It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of service at all times.

Mr PatrickDebus, your comments with regards to service in our Executive lounge have been shared with the respective team.

We thank you once again for communicating your thoughts and do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back many more times.

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Lovely hotel. Food, service, room all brilliant although my shower did not work properly!!! Would have benefitted from water machines in the hotel as water in the room very expensive. Confusing trying to find the spa but lovely indoor pool and usual amenities. Short walk into the town and loads of bars, restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms are all nice but you pay more for one with sea view, however the harbour view is stunning and...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Pam C

First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced in your room. The issue you mentioned with regards to the shower not working, should have been checked thoroughly prior to your arrival and I am so sorry this was not done.
I do hope this incident did not affect your enjoyment of your visit and look forward to welcome you for many more times.
I thank you once again for your time and comments

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Have just returned from a seven night stay at the Malta Hilton. First time we have stayed there and we found the experience amazing. The staff were all very helpful from the Duty Manager to the concierge to the room attendant. We could not fault any of the service the lounger staff were all very attentive as were the Breakfast staff in the mornings. The chef was very good in that he remembered my choice of eggs without me having to ask, nice touch. Thank you for a lovely stay and we hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philippa M, Administration at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your review.

Your lovely comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with all the Team.

It is always a pleasure to note that Team Members have gone out of their way to ensure that you have a memorable stay.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Philippa
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Malta over the 2013 Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Upon arrival, we were greeted with their delicious pineapple juice. Our executive sea view room (1041) was on the top floor of the hotel. Our view was beautiful and the balcony got the early morning sun. Unfortunately it rained on most of the afternoons we were there. Being on the top floor turned out to be a disadvantage, as there was no roof over the balcony. Although it was not warm or sunny, the pool area was very pretty. The surrounding trees and pool were lit at night. We were surprised, upon arriving back from a rainy afternoon of touring, to be told we could not have heat in the room until 4 PM. We were brought a portable space heater, which we found to be adequate but rather strange.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Byron's Girl

Thank you very much for taking the time to write sbout your stay with us, at Hilton Malta. We do hope that you enjoyed your "thanksgiving break" in our hotel.

Ms Byron's Girl I would be very grateful if you could give me the opportunity to explain how our heating system works and kindly ask you to contact me directly on annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com

I thank you once again for your time

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Hotel Valentina
Hotel Valentina
#1 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!