Argento Hotel(Saint Julian's)
Hotel Juliani(Saint Julian's)
US$216
US$210
Hotwire.com
Le Meridien St. Julians(Saint Julian's)
US$254
US$232
Spinola Hotel(Saint Julian's)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Breakfast included
5,104 results
All reviewsblue elephantquarterdeck barthe executive loungeoceana restaurantmarina viewnew wingbeach clubportomaso marinahealth clubexcellent hotelduty managermain poolmain restaurantst julianslarge balconypublic areaslarge hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is our 8th visit to the Hilton in 11 years so we clearly are big fans of the hotel but......
It needs to uplift its maintenance program to redo the carpet areas running from the lobby on 5th floor and improve the general exterior maintain acne to the swimming pool and tennis court areas. Whilst hthere is investment in these areas it's not enough to maintain its 5 star rating.

The good... The breakfast remains it's shining glory.. Unbelievable choice....the Executive lounge is superb VFM and should always be booked for access to internet, international newspapers, snacks and drinks all day long. The Living Well gym and spa are excellent and they have upgraded the machines and facilities since our last trip.

The bad... The Business Lounge for guests was booked out solid for Total Oil company during our 10 days in Jan which was very frustrating as this is a guest service for Executive stayers. The wifi remains free only in certain public areas and this is so last century and a real pain, people don't expect to pay for this anywhere anymore! Please listen!

Top tip....try the Blue Elephant restaurant on the 1st floor it's another constant and very high standard..a special meal In a lovely hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sbz100
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Sbz100

Whilst thanking you very much for choosing our hotel for the 8th time, we do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you for the 9th and for many more times.

Being in the hospitality industry we understand the importance of meeting and exceeding every aspect of a guest’s visit and that personal care is a must so please do accept our sincere apologies if we failed to do so this time round.

I sincerely hope you will allow me the opportunity of showing you that we really do care for our most loyal guests and to give me the opportunity to welcome you back.
Should you wish to contact me directly, my email address is Annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com
I look forward to hear from you

Reviewed 11 January 2014

There is no doubting this is beautiful looking hotel from the Pool area. The Restaurants & Bars are clean, well laid out and pleasant to use. The Pool area is clean and looks fantastic. The indoor Pool is small and there are limited areas to sit around the poolside. The Jacuzzi is outside and is not in use out of season. There is no Internal Jacuzzi, only a cold plunge pool for use when you come out of the Steam Room or Sauna. At the time of reservation we requested a Quiet room. On check in we , were given room 703, this overlooks the small Marina. The room was comfortable with a relatively large balcony and a table & chairs. On our second night the noise from the Quarterdeck Bar was unbearable. Even with the windows closed and ear plugs in, I could still hear every lyric and every note of the music being played. I contacted reception who acknowledged the problem and promised to have the music stopped. Well, It did, at 11pm! Next day I was so annoyed I asked to speak to the Duty Manager, Explained my concerns and asked for a solution. To be fair, they relocated us to a higher room on the other side of the Hotel (Room 929), however we were given a double bed, when we specifically wanted a twin room, the room also smelt badly of DAMP! There are also minor house keeping concerns, Toiletries and tissue were replaced haphazardly & for an alleged 5 star hotel that is unacceptable. We required use of the business centre which is advertised as being open 7-7 daily. On 2 occasions my wife was told the centre was open and even though she insisted the centre was locked, was told it WAS open. They did not attempt to contact anyone or god forbid actually walk away from where they were stood and actually Help!
We also ate in Quarterdeck Bar for New Years Eve, I have to say the food was Good, however I found a large fish bone... well, when I say "found" I mean, had to pull it our of my gum! I raised this with the restaurant manager and was told.. "well Fish have bones in them.." I was absolutely astonished at this reply. It was a fillet, a "fine dining" fillet... you can make you own judgement on that. But, I did not want to cause a scene on what was a lovely evening... In my opinion this is an absolute disgrace. & as a note, no apology was made.
The good points...
The breakfast is excellent, but have it as a package because otherwise it is 20euros each!!!
The bars & reception area are particularly nice.
The WiFi in the reception is excellent, but why is it paid for option in the rooms??
The outside Pool area is lovely, but the outdoor "heated" pool is erm... not heated!
Parking is Free, but the underground car park is dark and dingy!
Spa area is OK.
Comfortable Beds, Good Quality Linen.
In Summary,
For the cost of this Hotel, It is not good enough. If you Charge 5 star prices you need to GIVE 5 star service, otherwise you will get more reviews like this.
I would also strongly advise that you research Malta before you go... This is not the Hotels fault, but Malta is Tired and Rundown and the Road Network is a disgrace.

Room Tip: Make sure you are NOT overlooking the Quarterdeck Bar (Marina Side).
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Warren H
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Greenheath

Whilst thanking you for the detailed information about your experience at Hilton Malta, I would be very grateful if you would contact me directly as I wish to clarify and discuss the issues mentioned.

I do hope to have the pleasure to hear from you
My direct email addres is annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com

Reviewed 11 January 2014

One of the best hotels I've visited in a very long time. Excellent staff - polite, helpful, considerate, friendly. Fantastic gym and spa facilities. Superb food outlets, including extensive breakfast buffet. Excellent room - clean and well equipped. Really difficult to find any faults

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Peter L

Thank you. Thank you for your kind comments.
It is a pleasure to read that we have contributed and made your stay an "excellent" one and we all look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more times!

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location, very nice and modern structure with all the services you need and amazing views of the sea. Welcoming staff. Very good breakfast. Free parking. Spacious rooms. Only minor point: paid wifi in rooms. Adequate pricing given the level of the hotel.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank capitanfuturo

Dear capitanfuturo,

Thank you very much for your comments. These will be shared with the respective departments. Our next target will be to work on our "weak" points to arrive to a stage were our title will then be "perfection"

Should you wish to send me more feedback about your stay, you are more than welcome to contact me on annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week in October for a relaxing holiday. St julians is great for sea views, bars and restaurants and the Hilton is in easy walk of everywhere. We stayed in an Exec room (traditional) with access to the exec lounge and I have to say the service in the lounge was amazing. The exec lounge services Tea coffee & soft drinks all day long with afternoon tea and then evening cocktails and canapés (delicious) in the early evening. The lounge staff were fantastic. The decor in some of the areas is a little tired but it kind of adds to the charm & was very clean overall. My only feedback was that they closed the beech pools during our stay & so I would suggest that's put on your website so that guests are not disappointed. But that aside there were still plenty of Sunbeds & and pools to use. Breakfast was fantastic and I'd recommend trying any of the baked goods at either Bfast or afternoon tea. I would recommend this hotel & would stay again

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Sarah B
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Sarah B

Thank you. Your write up has been shared with the departments concerned for their attention.

We welcome such comments and accept them in a positive way, as they allow us to monitor and so improve the services we provide and your feedback has been most valuable.

We look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back!