“Simply excellent in every way”
Review of Hilton Malta

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Cologne, Germany
“Simply excellent in every way”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

All in all, Hilton Malta is simply excellent in every way. You can read both positive and negative review from us below:

Positive
+ Great location and great view to the sea
+ Great facilities and very clean
+ Staffs and concierge are friendly and very informative
+ Great restaurants nearby (as well as restaurants at the hotel)

Negative
- WIFI connection is too expensive, compared with other hotels in other countries
- Nearby area is bars and night clubs. Hence, not quite nice to walk around towards that direction at night.
- We tried to get a table on Christmas eve at the hotel's restaurant. The reception did not warn us during our check-in that we needed reservation for it. Anyway, we went to the restaurant and the staff was very unfriendly. He told us to register our names on their waiting list and then waited in our room till they called. We decided not to do so and the restaurant staff told us aggressively that he could have ensured us that we would have never got any table in other restaurants in town. Well, it is informative but the way he informed us was just too unfriendly and too aggressive...a bit ruin our Christmas mood.

Well, still totally recommended others to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pjjn
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Pjjn

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel. It was a pleasure to read that your stay was not totally marred by your Christmas eve experience.

I would greatly appreciate if you would contact me directly as I wish to further investigate the issue your encountered on this regard..

I thank you once again and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more times.

Yours sincerely
Hilton Malta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birkirkara, Malta
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Sunday Buffet Lunch!!! 100% quality food, 100% service, 100% ambience could not fault the food, hospitality, service, cleanliness, array of abundant food from different starters, main courses and beautiful and exceptional desserts, its worth the money a 100%!!100% excellent, OUTSTANDING!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Claudine A

Thank you very much!. Your kind comments have been shared with our Executive Chef Joe Vella and the food and beverage team who all join me in thanking you.

Such encouraging and complimentary comments are greatly appreciated!
We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Kindest regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here for two weeks while settling in to my new job. I had an executive double with a sea view, the view being stunning. The facilities are great, used the gym and pool most days. The room was clean and very comfortable. Well serviced each day.

The food was about right, maybe just a touch pricy but on the whole good. Please don't put seeded grapes in the breakfast fruit salad, small gripe and maybe I'm being picky. It's hard enough being healthy without spending half your breakfast de seeding. I know this is a pathetic gripe but were supposed to be 5 star!

The thing that really made my stay were the staff. They all seemed interested and were very helpful all the time. I developed a bad cold and a waiter took pity on me in the lift. He asked if some honey would help. I was most grateful and he took me to a service room to give me a few pots to take to my room. He then gave me a knowing look and asked if perhaps some whiskey might help too. Of course! He poured some form what looked like a private bottle into a small water bottle. I tried to thank him for his kindness with a tip. He wouldn't hear of it.

Thanks to him I got a good nights sleep. Top work!

Great stay and would highly recommend to others. I will certainly come back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marcus T
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Marcus T

Thank you! I have just shared your kind comments with the Hilton Malta Team and they join me in thanking you. It is our main priority to take care of our guests and exceed expectations and we are very happy to have succeeded once again.

We do hope that, even though you have settled in your job, we we still have the pleasure to welcome you back!

Chef was also made aware of your comments and will be working on any possible changes.

Thamk you once again
Anne Marie and The Hilton Malta Team
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here week before xmas to visit family on the island. This is our second visit to the hilton and i cannot fault it. Travelled with a 2 year old and a 6 week old and everything was set up in the room for us on arrival. Everything from the reception staff to the cleaning staff were fabulous. The breakfast alone is enough to make you stay here i would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dymps19
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Dymps19

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your second visit with us and look forward to welcome you for the third and for many more times!.

It is always a pleasure to read that our guests take the time to recommend our hotel!
We thank you once again

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Stated here for 3 nights on business. Plus points...great location, very central. Close to main bars and nightlife. Excellent staff. Reasonably well equipped gym. Very clean. Lovely breakfast. Good facilities. Only 2 factors stopped this being a 5 out of 5. 1. I stayed in room 104...you could hear the dreadful repetitive tune from the In hotel Thai restaurant the blue elephant until 11.30. No early night when I wanted! Plus the room was a classic...with a very (very) outdated bathroom with semi warm shower. (Management please don't respond to this saying you are happy to show me in future a contemporary room....this defeats the point when 3/4 of the hotel are classic) maybe it was just my room. But hey, for 60 pound b n b...it was a bargain!! Very good hotel! Top notch. Will be back on business here in the future for sure

• Stayed January 2014
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Badger789
I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I apologise for the shortfalls you experienced with us. The maintenance issues that you have raised in your room have been shared with the Chief engineer who will be addressing them.
The tune that you refer to in the Blue Elephant is being looked into and a permanent solution being sourced.
The hotel plans a refurbishment of the classical rooms with a complete new bathroom in 2015 so in the meantime should you plan to revisit us I would ask that you contact me directly as I wish to personally take care of your room allocation.
I thank you once again and look forward to hear from you very soon

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hilton hotel staff very good ,gave my mum use of hotel wheelchair juring stay Breakfast excellent Thai restaurant worth a visit weather wasn't great during our short break so would have like to see more of Island night club beside hilton worth a visit

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 323Bob
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear 323Bob,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay. We are very happy to have made life slightly easier for your mother. We are afterall in the hospitality industry and our aim is to meet and exceed guests requirements and expectations.

We thank you once again and do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back.
Kindest regards

Oxfordshire
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Hilton for a week over the Christmas period and could not have been happier. This is a first class hotel and totally lives up to all its stars. From the minute we checked in we were made to feel as if we were the only ones who mattered, we had top attention at all times. The staff were attentive and very professional, I don’t think the work no or cannot do is in their vocabulary. Our room was huge and nicely furnished with an enormous bed, a desk area and a sitting area looking out over the balcony to the sea. The bathroom was also a nice size with big fluffy robes and slippers and quality toiletries topped up every day. Breakfast was a buffet which was fresh and plentiful no matter what time we went for it and everything you could dream of was there including a healthy option section. We sat looking out at the outside selection of swimming pools and further out to the sea with the sun shining and a bright blue sky which was the perfect way to start our day, in fact we had amazing weather during our stay. We hired a scooter which was the best and easiest way to get around Malta and even got free parking at the hotel. We made use of the sauna, steam room and indoor pool which was a real joy after a full day out. In the evening we tended to go out to restaurants to try different places but liked to return to the hotel bar area to listen to the live music and enjoyed a drink or two. To sum it up we both felt that if we did not stay at this top hotel we would not have enjoyed our holiday as much. We would like to say a BIG thank you to all the staff at the Hilton who made our stay so enjoyable

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view