“Personalised Service Beyond Expectation”
Review of Hilton Malta

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Melbourne, Australia
“Personalised Service Beyond Expectation”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

On a recent business trip to Malta, I became very ill and had to be hospitalized while my wife and 3 year old daughter were in Australia. Hearing that one of her guests was admitted to hospital, Joanne Piccinino, who is a manager at the Hilton, made immediate contact with me. Joanne offered to me to be my contact in Malta since I did not have family with me. Every other day or so Joanne reached out to me to ensure that I was alright. She even had my personal items in my room collected and delivered to the hospital in addition to shopping for a few items that I needed while I was confined to my hospital bed. Finally, when my wife and daughter were able to get to Malta, she ensured they were made comfortable and even provided a special rate for the room and for meals. In a time when you really do not know what level of service you will get at any hotel, I have to say that the service that Joanne and the Hilton Malta provided was way beyond my expectation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BrianSpring
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear BrianSpring

Thank you! On behalf of Joanne and the Hilton Malta team, thank you very much for your kind words.

The way in which we, as a team, conduct ourselves, our manner and presentation, when dealing with guests is absolutely key to our success and we are very glad to have succeeded this time again!

Mr Spring we are very delighted that you had a fast recovery and do hope to have the pleasure welcome you all back.

Guest RELATIONS
Hilton Malta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (992)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here as part of our wedding and honeymoon. We didn't have the wedding itself in the hotel, but stayed there for 10 days.
We had to move rooms at one point due to noisy teenagers being located beside us and they has us awake early the morning after our wedding singing loud music. Reception dealt with the situation quickly however and moved us to an equivalent room.
Felt the staff could be a little rude at times and the service in the lobby bar area was extremely slow at times. On my last day I decided to have a nice afternoon tea selection before we departed for the airport. We explained we would be leaving in about 40 minutes and would this be adequate time to be served and eat it. They assured us it would but we did not receive it until 5 minutes before we left! In hindsight I should not have paid.

Apart from this, the facilities and the hotel itself was amazing. I loved staying here so much and would love to return some day. The Oceania Restaurant had beautiful food and the breakfast selection was the best I ever had. The chef on the omelette/egg bar was so friendly and polite every morning and I had his omelette every morning!

We also availed of some spa treatments and they were very good!

Concierge was also very helpful and helped us arrange a day trip to Gozo.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank denisen85
Dear denisen85

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel. We are very happy to note that you would recommend Hilton Malta and do hope to have the pleasure the welcome you back.

Denisen85 I was however concerned to read that you experienced a less than helpful and professional attitude from the waiting staff in the coffee shop and have taken the liberty to forward your comments to our food and beverage manager for his attention.

I thank you once again!

Guest RELATIONS
Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It's not possible to say anything bad about Hilton Malta, it's the perfect hotel in the perfect location with the perfect staff and perfect service. Have visited every year since it first opened and enjoyed every visit, it is impossible to identify any problems with this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea/pool view if possible but Marina is equally interesting.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank IanMaw
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear IanMaw

Thank you for your loyalty towards our hotel and thank you very much for your kind comments. We are very pleased that we have contributed and made your stays Perfect and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more times.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance with regards to your future visits.
Kindest regards

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 21 January 2014

All in all, Hilton Malta is simply excellent in every way. You can read both positive and negative review from us below:

Positive
+ Great location and great view to the sea
+ Great facilities and very clean
+ Staffs and concierge are friendly and very informative
+ Great restaurants nearby (as well as restaurants at the hotel)

Negative
- WIFI connection is too expensive, compared with other hotels in other countries
- Nearby area is bars and night clubs. Hence, not quite nice to walk around towards that direction at night.
- We tried to get a table on Christmas eve at the hotel's restaurant. The reception did not warn us during our check-in that we needed reservation for it. Anyway, we went to the restaurant and the staff was very unfriendly. He told us to register our names on their waiting list and then waited in our room till they called. We decided not to do so and the restaurant staff told us aggressively that he could have ensured us that we would have never got any table in other restaurants in town. Well, it is informative but the way he informed us was just too unfriendly and too aggressive...a bit ruin our Christmas mood.

Well, still totally recommended others to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pjjn
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Pjjn

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel. It was a pleasure to read that your stay was not totally marred by your Christmas eve experience.

I would greatly appreciate if you would contact me directly as I wish to further investigate the issue your encountered on this regard..

I thank you once again and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more times.

Yours sincerely
Birkirkara, Malta
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Sunday Buffet Lunch!!! 100% quality food, 100% service, 100% ambience could not fault the food, hospitality, service, cleanliness, array of abundant food from different starters, main courses and beautiful and exceptional desserts, its worth the money a 100%!!100% excellent, OUTSTANDING!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Claudine A

Thank you very much!. Your kind comments have been shared with our Executive Chef Joe Vella and the food and beverage team who all join me in thanking you.

Such encouraging and complimentary comments are greatly appreciated!
We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Kindest regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here for two weeks while settling in to my new job. I had an executive double with a sea view, the view being stunning. The facilities are great, used the gym and pool most days. The room was clean and very comfortable. Well serviced each day.

The food was about right, maybe just a touch pricy but on the whole good. Please don't put seeded grapes in the breakfast fruit salad, small gripe and maybe I'm being picky. It's hard enough being healthy without spending half your breakfast de seeding. I know this is a pathetic gripe but were supposed to be 5 star!

The thing that really made my stay were the staff. They all seemed interested and were very helpful all the time. I developed a bad cold and a waiter took pity on me in the lift. He asked if some honey would help. I was most grateful and he took me to a service room to give me a few pots to take to my room. He then gave me a knowing look and asked if perhaps some whiskey might help too. Of course! He poured some form what looked like a private bottle into a small water bottle. I tried to thank him for his kindness with a tip. He wouldn't hear of it.

Thanks to him I got a good nights sleep. Top work!

Great stay and would highly recommend to others. I will certainly come back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Marcus T
Dear Marcus T

Thank you! I have just shared your kind comments with the Hilton Malta Team and they join me in thanking you. It is our main priority to take care of our guests and exceed expectations and we are very happy to have succeeded once again.

We do hope that, even though you have settled in your job, we we still have the pleasure to welcome you back!

Chef was also made aware of your comments and will be working on any possible changes.

Thamk you once again
Anne Marie and The Hilton Malta Team
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here week before xmas to visit family on the island. This is our second visit to the hilton and i cannot fault it. Travelled with a 2 year old and a 6 week old and everything was set up in the room for us on arrival. Everything from the reception staff to the cleaning staff were fabulous. The breakfast alone is enough to make you stay here i would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dymps19
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Dymps19

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your second visit with us and look forward to welcome you for the third and for many more times!.

It is always a pleasure to read that our guests take the time to recommend our hotel!
We thank you once again

Hotel Juliani
#2 of 32 in Saint Julian's
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,335 reviews
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!