“Superb Hotel in an Excellent Location”
Review of Hilton Malta

Hilton Malta
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Superb Hotel in an Excellent Location”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have just returned from our second visit to this hotel and it won’t be our last.
The rooms are large and well maintained with lovely views. We had a harbour view which gave us a lovely sunny balcony in the afternoon. The breakfast buffet was fresh, had variety each day and eggs made to order. (Omelettes were excellent). The pool area is kept clean and there was always sunbeds available. There are also plenty of sun umbrellas for when it gets too hot. The pool was a bit chilly and would benefit from a bit of heating in these early months. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. We did experience a couple of small problem, which I would not have mentioned except to say that I was really impressed by the Duty Manager -Yiannis Paraskevas , who was very approachable and resolved the issues in a very professional and timely manner. This is definitely one of the finest hotels that my husband and I have stayed in on the Mediterranean and would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Shirley K,

Thank you!
Thank you for your kind words. We were very happy to read that your second visit in our hotel has been an excellent once.

We are also glad, that even though you encountered some minor issues, you were content with our immediate response.

My colleague Yiannis wanted to pass his thanks and is glad to have been of assistance during your stay!

We look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you for the third and many more visits.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The good news is that this hotel is in a great location, near to Valetta, ideal for the nearby marina, and very well appointed. The pool area is good and there are two pools to choose from and also an indoor pool. The staff are helpful and courteous. So what are the downsides? Only one, no free wifi in the room. Quite disappointing that you have to pay 45 euro for five days worth of wifi if you want it in the room. Poor show Hilton

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Mike H

Thank you very much for your time and comments
We are very sorry that your Hilton Malta experience did not live up to your expectations.

Your comments are highly appreciated and will be shared with the Operations Team for their immediate attention.

We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more times!

Vaasa, Finland
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was my first visit to Malta and arriving at the hotel I instantly liked it. The room was spacious with a big balcony overlooking the absolutely beautiful pool area and the sea. Breakfast was nice with plenty to choose from and with very helpful personnel. Wifi was rather pricey (only free on the lobby area) but worked fine. My favourite part was however the sports facilities. The gym was the biggest and most well equipped I have come across at a hotel so far, which also made it rather popular amongst the guest (at least in the mornings). Plenty of room and windows and a working air con. There also was an indoor pool that actually was big enough to actually swim in. The hotel apparently also had a tennis court and a spin studio. Located in an area with several restaurants, there was plenty to choose from at dinner as well. Good choice whether you are travelling on business or on pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Linda N
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Linda N

Thank you for your time!
Am very happy that you had to time to enjoy and use our hotel facilities.
Yes the hotel is also equipped with Tennis court, squash court and Spinning studio. These are all included for free for our guests to use.

We are glad that your first visit to Malta and to our hotel has lived up to your expectations and do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more visits.
Thank you once again!

Eilat, Israel
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Visited Octobet 2012, executive room on 9th floor.

Great location, full mirror elevator, great room, gorgeous view, excellent food, friendly and helpful staff - need to say more? I'd definitely recommend this hotel to my friends (has already done that).

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ilya G
Dear IIya G

Thank you!
We are very happy to note that your stay in our hotel was a perfect one and thank you also for recommending us to your friends.
Our main aim is to maintain the very highest levels of service possible and to meet every expectation of each one of our guests and we are glad to have succeeded once again!

We look forward to welcome you all in the near future!
Kindest regards from all of us

Hilton Malta
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Before visiting Malta, I had no idea of the richness in history and architecture of this place. Valetta, the Hypogeum and beautiful ancient temples are well worth seeing. Malta's people are very friendly and helpful in every way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Marika_121, Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear 719gabriellab,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Malta whilst visiting Malta and thank you for the warm comments regarding the Maltese people and our history.

We hope you consider visiting Malta again, as we look forward to welcome you back!

Warm Regards

Marika
Bugibba, Malta
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel in February 2011 with my parents and grandparents. We were looked after with excellent service and I have very little negative to say about this hotel! The location is perfect, looking over the marina onto all the beautiful boats.
First of all, on arrival my room was not ready as the gentleman occupying the room had not left yet. when I returned an hour later, the gentleman had decided to keep the room another night so the hotel upgraded me to a corner suite for the inconvenience. My room was out of this world! A separate living room with a flat screen tv and a door to the balcony, sliding doors into a large bedroom with a super king size (the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in!) and a large bathroom with a bath, shower and double sink. The bedroom also had a flat screen tv and a door to the balcony. The only problem with the corner suite is that you don't get much of a view but I never spend much time on the balcony anyway! My only negative about this hotel is that I am aware that the maids clean the room glasses in the sink. I personally feel that glasses should be cleaned properly in a dish washer for hygiene purposes. I think its best that the hotel management looks into this because I know that other guests would make a much bigger issue out of this if they saw it themselves.
Another memorable thought about my trip was that one day my grandfather forgot which was his room and he got lost trying to find one of us. A member of the staff found him wandering the corridors and I was so grateful that she stayed with him until I luckily found them.
The rest of the staff were just as great, being friendly and helpful.
As it was February, the weather was not suitable for using the outdoor pool however I took full advantage of the relaxing spa facilities and indoor pool. I also recommend you try the spa treatments to really give you that luxury feeling!
The food was delicious and the Blue Elephant restaurant was our favourite, providing an authentic service!
I would like to say that some reviews on here have not been fair towards the hotel. I feel that some people have been spoiled by what other 5 star hotels offer. There a fine line between offering excellent service and baby sitting the guests. This hotel offers excellent service and I think that anyone who feels that this hotel is not 5 star standard should go to a child minders for a week instead!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Char2711,

Thank you very much for your kind comments!
It was our pleasure to assist both your grandfather and yourself. I am glad that you enjoyed the much deserved upgrade to one of our suites.

Char2711, I already took the liberty and forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper for her attention. We are thankful for your observations and will do the necessary to improve the services we provide.

I thank you once again and do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Hilton Malta for many more visits

East Sussex
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here with my wife for a long weekend in early May. Our flight arrived late evening, and after a few G&Ts on the flight I perhaps wasn't at my most incisive. so when the check-in clerk asked if they should block just the room on my credit card I replied yes; she didn't explain (as were to subsequently discover) that would mean we couldn't sign for anything in the hotel or even open the minibar! The room itself was spacious, with the promised sea views. The furnishings were all of a very good standard and the bed was very comfortable with good quality linen and pillows. I particularly liked the artisan-tiled floor - so much nicer than a carpet. The bathroom was of a good size and everything worked efficiently. It took me a while to work out that the air conditioning would not operate if the balcony door was open. This is completely sensible, but a sign to that effect for not totally alert arrivees would have been useful. Not only could I not open the mini bar (and didn't then know why), but I was offended by the large sign stuck to it's front which said that a charge of €25 would be added to the room bill if anyone had the temerity to move the contents of the mini bar to accommodate a bought-elsewhere item. This I thought extremely small-minded. We spent very little time in the hotel other than to sleep, but on our final night decided to give the buffet dinner a go. We were miffed to be told we had to sit in the dark and rather gloomy area that was in theory for customers ordering from the a la carte Italian menu, rather than the much more bright, light and open area beside the glass wall to the pool area but decided to proceed anyway. Big mistake! Most dishes were sad and not particularly tasty - typical low-end buffet fare, but I had expected better from Hilton. Very little tasted like it had been made with love. The notable exception was the soup which was piping hot and delicious. My wife was very pleased with the selection of cheeses available, but overall we regretted not going somewhere else. The worst part of the meal experience was when, having gone to bed, there was a knock at the door, and we were told we shouldn't have signed for the bill on our room, and would have to pay for it by credit card there and then. Not only was this embarrassing, but I found it offensive that having made the 'error' and allowed us to sign on the room, they could not wait until we checked out the following morning to pay for the meal. This hotel presents itself as a high-end hotel, so it seems strange they choose to treat their guests as if they are low-life!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Shane999

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed in some areas during your stay with us last May.

We truly hope you consider staying with us again in order to make it up to you and make sure you have an excellent stay with us.

Warm REgards

#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Hotel Valentina
Hotel Valentina
#1 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!