“Building site ....don't visit until at least 2015”
Review of Hilton Malta

Hilton Malta
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Hotel is lovely but could be anywhere , the mini bar prices are even more expensive than london 3.8€ for a bottle the size of my fist ...but the worst thing is of course the building works across the marina ,it starts at 8am and seems to go on forever ..the hotel is always full of conferences and weddings so the odds of changing rooms are slim , and you can't really escape from the noise especially by the pool ..the room service food is a new low in catering not only in price but in in taste the French fries are not cooked , the hamburger is a disaster that falls apart and makes a mess , the other items are luke warm badly cooked ,if you like noisy rooms and expensive bad food your in the right place

Room Tip: Go when the building works have stopped and eat in local restaurants
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Johanas C
alastair_morin, Front Office Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Johannas C,

I deeply regret all the inconvenience and worry that the wedding noise had caused you during your stay. I can clearly understand how frustrated you must have felt.

You have unfortunately experienced some shortfalls. I was wondering if I could take a few moments of your valuable time to contact me in order to discuss your overall experience more in details.

Warm regards,

alastair.morin@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,919)

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Got married last year and had booked ourselves into the relaxation suit for two night.

It was amazing!
Views where phenomenal
Bathroom was MASSIVE, bath was great. Can have two people rather end relaxing with champagne while overlooking the sea. Two balconies.
Bed was basically like x 2 double bed huge and comfortable.

Buffett breakfast was delicious
Day by the poolside was amazing. Sat in the spa, had pool side lunch and drinks.
Had room service dining on the balcony. Great!

Staff where lovely and helpful.
Recommend and will be going back.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nevise W, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guests,

First and foremost, Happy 1st Year Anniversary!
Sincere thank you for choosing to spend you romantic getaway with us! We would also like to thank you on your great review and very kind words. The Hilton Malta team is thrilled you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are happy we have made your stay so enjoyable. We hope to be able to see you again and if you decide to come back please let us know if we can be of any assistance. Champagne Will be waiting for you!

Kindest Regards,
Nevise
Guest Relaltions.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. The hotel itself is beautiful, the staff are the best I have ever come across worldwide and the food/rooms etc are great. A big thank you to the wonderful Glory who kept our room pristine and was always a joy to speak with. You are an asset to this hotel.

However, my husband and I booked to stay here from 1st-5th June and were allocated room 501, the balcony of which abuts the outside seating area of the Quarterdeck Bar. There was a private party in this bar one night and the screaming and shouting of drunk people at 2.a.m. outside the window of your room is not acceptable. If we had wanted drunken louts screaming and shouting we would have stayed up the road in Paceville. Needless to say the evening was ruined. If they knew there was a party they should not allocate this room to anyone.

My husband got dressed and went to reception to complain - he asked that the manager contact him the next day. Surprisingly the manager or indeed any other member of staff failed to contact us. This was very disappointing and unexpected from a hotel of this standard - we are Hilton Honours members too. It's the little things like this that matter to us and accordingly we will not be returning.

Room Tip: One away from the Quarterdeck bar!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Holidaygal39

Dear Holidagal39,

Thank you sharing your experience with us on trip advisor.

I deeply regret all the inconvenience and worry that the noise had caused you during your stay. I can clearly understand how frustrated you must have felt by the lack of assistance received from our team.

I cannot apologize enough for this poor level of service given, and am quite frankly astonished, please rest assured that this does in no way reflect of our usual high level of standards, and I will indeed be carrying out a full investigation into it.

You have unfortunately experienced some shortfalls. I was wondering if I could take a few moments of your valuable time to contact me to discuss these aspect of your stay more in details.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Beautiful hotel and wonderful location, spacious rooms, helpful staff and an interesting restaurant (Blue Elephant). Now, WHY do you spoil all that with expensive, stone-age speed wi-fi service? Internet today is as essential as bread, you should know that. Dozens of negative comments focus on this weakness, and you still haven't fixed the problem. Anybody there at Hilton Malta or Hilton mgmt caring about recurring complaints about wi-fi? What a shame!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Cristian P

Dear Pescevolante

Thank you for taking the time to review on tripadvisor.
Thank you for your nice comment on the location, the size of our rooms and the helpfulness of our team members.
I regret that you had to face an issue with the internet wifi connection. Indeed we have launched last week a new Wifi system provider which will help us to enhance the quality of service we are providing to our customer on a daily basis regarding internet in rooms and in our public areas. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to contact me when travels will brings you back to Malta.

Kind regards,
Alastair morin

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are fine and a good size with all the amenities. The views I loved if you get the new tower, very dramatic views over the surf and rocks.
I struggle to get soap and some prints of documents which should not happen in a Hilton.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Iain A

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am distressed to read about the lack of assistance received during your stay regarding the printing of document and the soap delivery. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I was wondering if I could take a few moments of your valuable time to contact me in order to discuss these and bring the adequate improvement to the concerned areas.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have just returned from our second visit to the Hilton Malta and were certainly not disappointed to have chosen it. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive - nothing is too much trouble and they really make you feel at home. The first time we visited was on the recommendation of our travel agent as another hotel was full, but after that visit we were welcomed back this time like old friends. We would not consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Choose an executive level room. The use and facilities in the executive lounge make it well worth th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter W
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Peter W,

On behalf of the Hilton Malta Team, thank you very much for your kind words and comments about your stay with us.

We are very happy to have welcomed you for the second time to our hotel. It is a pleasure to note that your expectations were met and exceeded.

We look forward to see you for the 3rd and for many more visits.

My direct email addres is annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com
You are more than welcome to email me for any future assistance

Kind regards

Anne Marie Scicluna
Guest Relations
Hilton Malta

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely hotel in a pretty part of Malta. The staff were very friendly and genuinely helpful. I was here with work - can comment that the Wifi leaves a lot to be desired. You're constantly having to reconnect, which is fine if you're there on holiday but if you're reliant on the Wifi it is very frustrating. The staff who helped me out with the Wifi connection queries were fabulous and it makes me think that they are aware of the problems.

There are two room types, the more traditional *ahem* Mediterranean style rooms or the more modern room types -do look into this before booking to avoid disappointment - the Med style ones aren't to everyone's tastes, but the beds are quality, the rooms a good size with a good size balcony (once you figure out how to open the balcony door!).

Foodwise eat at the Blue Elephant - the food is AMAZING.

Laundry service could have been quicker - had to keep chasing this - just be aware if you're reliant on it!

Food/breakfast/Service was great - lovely little hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea/pool if there are going to be noisy groups in the Quarterdeck bar...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guests,

Greetings from the Hilton Malta team and thank you for your kind complements with regards to Our team members and excellent food! As regards to the Wi-Fi we apologise for the inconvenience of the connection, especially at certain peak times. We have noted your dissatisfaction with our laundry and wifi service and this has already been taken into action to improve its service. We hope that the these issues did not prevent you for enjoying your business trip, which we believe was a success, and we look forward to greeting you in Hilton Malta on some other occasion, maybe we can pre-book your favorite table at the Blue Elephant? It would be our pleaure!

Kindest Regards,

#8 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Hotel Valentina
Hotel Valentina
#1 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!