“Good stay”
Review of Hilton Malta

Hilton Malta
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Not like dubai.... But for malta is enough!!! Beautiful view from penthouse suite... Clean. I spent only one night couldnt see everything. I suggest to eat PARTHENOPE RESTAURANT ST JULIEN PACEVILLE AVENUE 33 cery good fish

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Princeamhedalfall..

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Malta whilst on our island.
We are glad that your short stay was a good one and do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more times.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel on the water is a gem! The rooms are spacious and comfortable and we were fortunate to have an water view. We had the breakfast buffet, which was varied and tasty. The pizza we ordered at the pool was quite good too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rollerboard20

Thank you!
It is a pleasure to read that your stay in our hotel was a perfect one and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon!

Kind regards from Sunny Malta
Anne marie Scicluna

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at Hilton Malta for a weekend break and I can say that the hotel is nice to stay in with a good service. I was pleasantly surprised that the service is very acceptable but the only thing that was lacking is that you are not presented with bedroom slippers unless you are staying in a suite, for which you have to pay more. The hotel has a very nice recption with a nice view of the Oceana Restaurant and the pool outside. The indoor pool was nice too. A lift takes you down to Portomasa for a nice stroll along the marina and reastaurants are there if you feel hungry.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Vince a
Thank you very much for your time!

I am very sorry that your weekend break at the Hilton Malta did not live up to and did not meet your expectations. I have shared your observations with our Executive Housekeeper for her attention and any possible changes.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for many more visits!
kind regards from Sunny Malta

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was our 1st trip to Malta and I had always wanted to stay at the Hilton.

We checked in about midnight , check in procedure was quite swift. Room was on same level as reception and had good sea views.

Room was large, ample storage , had a safe, fridge though this was fully stocked as mini bar so little room for anything of your own, kettle, TV and good size balcony.

Breakfast - you were actually shown to a table which was a nice touch and served tea or coffee and there was the usual bread, pastries, fruits, yogurts, omelette station, and cooked sausages, bacon etc to choose from.

Pools - there is one indoor and 4 outdoor, however we soon learnt the beach club with 2 pools, restaurant and toilets were not open until June which was a pity as that is as near to the sea as you can get . We used the pool in the quite haven and it was really nice and not as crowded as the larger family pool.

All in all the hotel was lovely, very friendly and efficient staff, rooms and all areas very clean it is however also a business hotel so often during our stay a bar or restaurant was closed to the public because of a conference or a wedding. I felt the 5 star touches were lacking when we arrived we were asked if we wanted somebody to take our bags to our room - normally it would just happen. We had a complimentary bottle of water in the room - very nice thank you but in other 5 star hotels that has been accompanied by a half bottle of wine, fruit bowl and even a plate of sandwiches for late check in guests. There was also no turn down service. Not major points but bearing in mind the cost of this hotel I would have expected these additional finishing touches.

Location - it is in a great location overlooking the marina and within a 5 minute walk you have shops, restaurants, and a supermarket only a few minutes from hotel ( turn right at the road at bottom of cafe Portimasso road) and also a bus stop 1.5 Euro for a full days pass they are great.

Evening meals - we used to dine at one of the many restaurants overlooking Spinola Bay at night, all restaurants had a good choice, pasta, pizza, burgers, salads etc and were not overpriced.

The walk into Sliema is nice and takes about 20 min to get to start of town. We also visited Gozo which is a must, Valetta and the Medina whilst here all to be recommended.

Cats - there are a lot of cats around and as a cat lover I was delighted to see some shelters with food and drink had been set up at various places on the islands for them.

The Sunspot/Mercury Rep Johnathan was great we had a short welcome meeting with him on the morning after arrival and he gave his some helpful pointers about Island eg you can use their tap water, he also advised us where the bus stops were and what number of buses to use (11 &12) for Valetta I seem to recall. So a refreshing change from some of the hard sell meetings I have previously experienced. We booked the trip to Gozo with him and saw a lot in a short space of time.

All in all it was a good holiday, if I returned (still plenty of things to see) it would be a little later in the season as it was not as hot as I would have liked & the evenings were very cool. I would stay at the Hilton again if I saw a good deal but would consider some other hotels too, I do not feel we got value for money on this particular trip due to things being closed and those 5 star finishing touches being missing.

Room Tip: We were in 546, near reception and therefore main exit, great view but they did hold wedding parties...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HJM
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear HJM,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your first experience at Hilton Malta in such detail. I am very sorry that you left the hotel less that satisfied with the services you recieved. Every little detail counts and I promise you that wherever improvement is possible, I will make sure that it is done.

Should we be given the opportunity to welcome you back and have a chance to restore your faith in use, i kindly ask you to contact me directly as I would personally want to make sure that your future stay be flawless.

My email address is annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com
Thank you once again for your time! I do hope to hear from you

Reviewed 12 June 2014

For a 4/5 star hotel that serves coffee in paper cups round the pool saying it's for health and safety reasons, but serves food on plates and leaves your bill on a plate ( so you can leave your tip!) seems a bit poor, if you order food round the pool it comes on a plate so you expect your coffee in a cup. Think it's more a don't want to wash a cup and saucer issue than a health and safety one. Not what I expect from a Hilton

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan P

Dear Jan P,

Thank you for having taken the time to forward your feedback on Trip Advisor.
I was saddened to learn of your disappointment with your experience at the Merkanti beach club.
We take great pride in our high levels of service and quality of our product.
I would like to assure yourself that your comments have been noted and the appropriate action would be taken.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been to this hotel twice for business over past few years. Short response "I would come back".

Hotel rooms - First time i was here i had a room with full view of the sea. The room itself was large, lot of light and clean. No complaints.

Second time - I got upgrade to a suite, the room was nice and large but it was kind of in the corner between 2 buildings that make up the hotel so the view wasnt wonderful and the amount of light coming into the room was low. But i was there on business so the room was good for what i needed. So make sure you check your room out.

Lounge is not bad, its not the best Hilton lounge i been in but for place to relax and quick drink it is good.

Breakfast was the best. Half way through each stay (i.e. after 2 days) the chef would have my eggs prepared soon after he saw me come down to breakfast. I very nice touch given that the line for omelettes and eggs could get long at time. There is lots of choice, fresh orange juice (the juicer is right there). Lot of light and great view of the pool area.

Location is great, lots of good restaurants around and the Marina is right next door.

I hope to go back one day with the family.

Room Tip: Free upgrades can be good but check the room out because it might be a let down in other areas.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear pugwash1968,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay in our hotel for the second time!

I would be very thankful is you could provide me with more feedback about your experience in our Executive Lounge. My direct email address is annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com

On the other hand, should we have the pleasure to welcome you and your family, I would be very happy to assist you with your bookings and to make personnally sure that the room we have allocated is to your satisfaction.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to hear from you!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a fantastic holiday at the Hilton many years ago and went back to see how it looked now. The Reception and public areas did not disappoint, being spacious, with comfortable seating, and cool air conditioning.

On our last evening in Malta, we ate at the Oceania Restaurant and were very happy, with the buffet choices, with the exception, perhaps of the salad buffet, which we did not find particularly appealing. The gammon was delicious, as were the Dauphin potatoes and I had a second small helping of pasta, for my Starter, as it was so tasty! The minestrone soup was also very good, albeit only warm, not hot. Perhaps the temperature could be increased, on the burner on which the 'cauldron' was placed.

The Waiting staff were all polite and friendly and a special mention for the young man on 'secondment' from Leeds, who was stationed at the carvery. He was helpful when asked questions about the buffet, and was obviously happy at being given this work opportunity at the Hilton.

We asked for ice cream with dessert and this was cheerfully provided by the (female) chef. I admired her smiling, 'no problem', response to a guest who asked for a slice of the apple crumble to be heated and then add two scoops of ice cream!

On a Tuesday night, the Restaurant was very quiet, and so was rather lacking in atmosphere, but I think it will be very different, both inside, and on the terrace, on Saturday nights and at the Sunday Brunch.

The price of €33 per person is reasonable, considering the food on offer and the surroundings, although, of course, the drinks prices are inflated, as per hotel restaurants all around the world.
Would we go back - a definite 'yes'; and if we could find a good deal, we'd love to stay at the Hilton again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear WaryDubai,

Thank you on behalf of Oceana Team!
Your comments are highly appreciated. We are very happy that you felt valued and cared for whilst dining in our main restaurant.

We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the coming months.
Please feel free to email me directly some dates you wish to come back to our hotel and I will check for the best available rate at that time

Thank you once again.

Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 28 in Sliema

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!