“Great hotel in a great location and great concierge”
Review of Hilton Malta

Hilton Malta
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed for a long weekend at the Hilton in St. Julian's in Malta. Lovely hotel. Great location with easy access to many visit worthy sites. Mario, the concierge was incredible and made our stay by organizing everything we needed from last minute requests for guided tours to restaurant reservations and surprise flower delivery. He made our stay even more special.

Breakfast in the executive lounge was quite sad and it is incredible that in this time and age the hotel charges for wi-fi from clients, even in the executive rooms!!!

Room Tip: Executive floor
1  Thank Aneela K
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Aneela,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
Mario is know in this hotel for being very effecient in assisting guest's needs. He will certainly be recognised for his very good work!

On another note, your comments on the executive lounge will be shared with the team for their immediate attention. I do hope that this did not affect the enjoyment of your stay and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is an excellent hotel for holidays and business alike.
Before going to Malta, I was hesitating between booking at the Hilton or another hotel in St Julian's, which has a very good rating on TripAdvisor, too. The price was approximately the same, and in the end, I opted for the Hilton, because it is by the seaside and you have a whole variety of leisure facilities. I did not regret my choice. You have different swimming pools, inside and outside, a full blown fitness club - I loved the yoga classes - and in general everything you need for a good vacation.
The service is first class, breakfast is great - every day, you get a different Maltese speciality on the buffet - the offer in the executive lounge is excellent. The airport transfer we had booked directly with the hotel worked out perfectly fine.
We were in the modern, more design part of the hotel and only caught a glimpse of the other rooms, and I suspect the more traditional rooms are not as nice as the one we were in. But then, taste in furniture is very subjective, others might prefer the more traditional one to the modern design.
We had a great week there and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Sunstar1019

Thank you!
Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel!
We are very pleased that your trip to our hotel was an "excellent" one and do look foward to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more visits!

Should you need any assistance with regards to future bookings, do not hesitate to contact me directly

Kind regards from the Hilton Malta Team

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The best hotel in Malta, but rather expensive hotel. Very good cusine of the hotel restaurant. Possibilities of usage several pools and go to the seaside. Small problem with taxi at 11-12 am. There is good supermarket near the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Alexey P

Dear Alexey P

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very pleased to note that we have been rated as the best hotel in Malta.

May I kindly also ask you to contact me directly as I wish to have a better understanding on the taxi issue. My email address is annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com

I look forward to hear from you!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Not like dubai.... But for malta is enough!!! Beautiful view from penthouse suite... Clean. I spent only one night couldnt see everything. I suggest to eat PARTHENOPE RESTAURANT ST JULIEN PACEVILLE AVENUE 33 cery good fish

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Princeamhedalfall..

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Malta whilst on our island.
We are glad that your short stay was a good one and do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more times.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel on the water is a gem! The rooms are spacious and comfortable and we were fortunate to have an water view. We had the breakfast buffet, which was varied and tasty. The pizza we ordered at the pool was quite good too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rollerboard20

Thank you!
It is a pleasure to read that your stay in our hotel was a perfect one and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon!

Kind regards from Sunny Malta
Anne marie Scicluna

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at Hilton Malta for a weekend break and I can say that the hotel is nice to stay in with a good service. I was pleasantly surprised that the service is very acceptable but the only thing that was lacking is that you are not presented with bedroom slippers unless you are staying in a suite, for which you have to pay more. The hotel has a very nice recption with a nice view of the Oceana Restaurant and the pool outside. The indoor pool was nice too. A lift takes you down to Portomasa for a nice stroll along the marina and reastaurants are there if you feel hungry.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Vince a
Thank you very much for your time!

I am very sorry that your weekend break at the Hilton Malta did not live up to and did not meet your expectations. I have shared your observations with our Executive Housekeeper for her attention and any possible changes.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for many more visits!
kind regards from Sunny Malta

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was our 1st trip to Malta and I had always wanted to stay at the Hilton.

We checked in about midnight , check in procedure was quite swift. Room was on same level as reception and had good sea views.

Room was large, ample storage , had a safe, fridge though this was fully stocked as mini bar so little room for anything of your own, kettle, TV and good size balcony.

Breakfast - you were actually shown to a table which was a nice touch and served tea or coffee and there was the usual bread, pastries, fruits, yogurts, omelette station, and cooked sausages, bacon etc to choose from.

Pools - there is one indoor and 4 outdoor, however we soon learnt the beach club with 2 pools, restaurant and toilets were not open until June which was a pity as that is as near to the sea as you can get . We used the pool in the quite haven and it was really nice and not as crowded as the larger family pool.

All in all the hotel was lovely, very friendly and efficient staff, rooms and all areas very clean it is however also a business hotel so often during our stay a bar or restaurant was closed to the public because of a conference or a wedding. I felt the 5 star touches were lacking when we arrived we were asked if we wanted somebody to take our bags to our room - normally it would just happen. We had a complimentary bottle of water in the room - very nice thank you but in other 5 star hotels that has been accompanied by a half bottle of wine, fruit bowl and even a plate of sandwiches for late check in guests. There was also no turn down service. Not major points but bearing in mind the cost of this hotel I would have expected these additional finishing touches.

Location - it is in a great location overlooking the marina and within a 5 minute walk you have shops, restaurants, and a supermarket only a few minutes from hotel ( turn right at the road at bottom of cafe Portimasso road) and also a bus stop 1.5 Euro for a full days pass they are great.

Evening meals - we used to dine at one of the many restaurants overlooking Spinola Bay at night, all restaurants had a good choice, pasta, pizza, burgers, salads etc and were not overpriced.

The walk into Sliema is nice and takes about 20 min to get to start of town. We also visited Gozo which is a must, Valetta and the Medina whilst here all to be recommended.

Cats - there are a lot of cats around and as a cat lover I was delighted to see some shelters with food and drink had been set up at various places on the islands for them.

The Sunspot/Mercury Rep Johnathan was great we had a short welcome meeting with him on the morning after arrival and he gave his some helpful pointers about Island eg you can use their tap water, he also advised us where the bus stops were and what number of buses to use (11 &12) for Valetta I seem to recall. So a refreshing change from some of the hard sell meetings I have previously experienced. We booked the trip to Gozo with him and saw a lot in a short space of time.

All in all it was a good holiday, if I returned (still plenty of things to see) it would be a little later in the season as it was not as hot as I would have liked & the evenings were very cool. I would stay at the Hilton again if I saw a good deal but would consider some other hotels too, I do not feel we got value for money on this particular trip due to things being closed and those 5 star finishing touches being missing.

Room Tip: We were in 546, near reception and therefore main exit, great view but they did hold wedding parties...
1  Thank HJM

Dear HJM,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your first experience at Hilton Malta in such detail. I am very sorry that you left the hotel less that satisfied with the services you recieved. Every little detail counts and I promise you that wherever improvement is possible, I will make sure that it is done.

Should we be given the opportunity to welcome you back and have a chance to restore your faith in use, i kindly ask you to contact me directly as I would personally want to make sure that your future stay be flawless.

My email address is annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com
Thank you once again for your time! I do hope to hear from you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 28 in Sliema

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!