“Wonderful hotel!”
Review of Hilton Malta

Hilton Malta
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I spent a week in Malta (first time), and I did not regret choosing the Hilton Malta for my stay. I had the most wonderful holiday in Malta, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the luxurious and comfortable Hilton Hotel.

Located in the lively area of St Julian's, the Hilton Malta is the perfect starting point for excursions to both Valletta or the other side (Mellieha Beach or Gozo). There are lots of bars, restaurants and clubs within walking distance, and the convenient bus station Ross is within a two-minute walk from the hotel, from where you can catch buses to most destinations.

To my surprise, I was upgraded to an executive room with sea views in the contemporary part of the hotel complex. My other requests (quiet room, high floor, away from the elevator etc.) were all granted as well. Check-in went smoothly and was completed within a few minutes.

The room itself was extremely spacious and relatively modern, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom massive (it came with a shower and a large, round bathtub). The balcony was lovely, overlooking twp of the pools and the sea. I even found a complimentary bottle of Prosecco in my room, as I had indicated I was celebrating a special occasion!

The breakfast buffet is rich, and whether you have full English or continental breakfast, you will be pleased about the great choice! You may also get a fresh omelette if you like, and if you get there a bit early (which I recommend, e.g. before 9am, when it gets busier), you can choose a table or also sit outside by the pool.

The facilities are great. The hotel boasts 5 pools, a gym, a spa area, a business centre and more - the use of all these facilities is included when you stay at the hotel. You will also get a towel card, which you can exchange for towels at the various pools and at the hotel gym. I particularly enjoyed the adult pool, which is a bit smaller, but also quieter than the larger pool, designed for families.

I had dinner at The Gazebo Restaurant one night, which was very good and resonably priced (€35,00 for a buffet, where you can eat as much as you like), but - to be honest - not the best meal I had in Malta. Still, I can recommend the place for its great atmosphere and great service.

The staff in general are extremely friendly and helpful - the concierge was very knowledgeable and always willing to help. So were the reception staff, who at one point reacted in a highly professional manner when I had problems with the internet connection.

Now, as for the internet: It is free in all public areas of the hotel, even outside by the pool. Unfortunately, it is extremely expensive (€45,00 for 5 days) if you want to have internet in your room. How this can be justified in 2014 remains a mystery to me, but as I did have some work to do, I purchased internet for 5 days. The connection was so bad and slow, I ended up cancelling my purchase and use the bar area at the lobby with my laptop.

Room Tip: If you prefer a more modern room, ask for one in the contemporary part of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank uPtownCH
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear uPtownCH,

Thank you and apologies for my being late in replying. Thank you for your detailed write up about your experience in our hotel.

uPtownCH, may I kindly ask you to contact me on annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com as I was very concerned in noting that the internet service provided was not up to standard. We have just upgraded our internet services and I would grateful if you could provide me with more feedback about the matter.

I thank you once again and look forwad to hear from you!

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (5,008)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

They were verry helpfull and everything. The rooms were clean and they did a lot for you. Especcialy the Concierge was amasing.
I didn't like that the pools closed at 6pm, while usually we weren't even home by then. Also, there was a wedding every night, and therefor they closed surten parts of the hotel.
Besides that, great food, hygienic, beautifull view, very helpfull.
I loved my stay.

Room Tip: Our Room was near the pools. There was a wedding every night so you had music on your balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paula B
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Paula B,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday with us.
Your comments are highly appreciated. They help us and motivate us to do even better!

Am sorry that your stay was inconvenienced by music coming from the wedding. I do hope that this one issue did not affect the enjoyment of your whole stay and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed 6 days at Hilton Malta with family on our vacation. Had great time. They have great pools, fitness facilities, spa, etc. Thoroughly enjoyed. Though, table tennis rackets were all damaged, and table needs replacement. Breakfast was very boring, and same all 6 days.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank The_Lawns_Restaurant

Dear The_Lawns_Rest,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
Your observations on the breakfast we serve will he brought to the attention of the Executive Chef for any possible actions required.

Your comments are highly appreciated as they give us an overview of the services we provide and an eye opener to areas that need improvement.

We look forward to welcome you back for many more visits!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

we have stayed at the Hilton Malta for 1 night with my family we had a beautyfull room the beds were good sized even the bathroom all very clean and hygenic. The buffet breakfast couldn't expect better great choice of food and drinks. By the pool is like heaven on earth at the Hilton Malta there are 5 pools also an adult only pool which was very relaxing.

Room Tip: When you choose an executive room you have the opportunity to use the resting room (included in the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear DJA19732014,

Thank you!
That is a very nice comparison!

We are very happy to have provided you with such a relaxing and nice stay that we were compared to heaven!

We do hope that this holiday was the first of the many and look forward to welcome you back to the HILTON MALTA.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had a wonderful time in this Hotel.
We had a few problems but they were very quickly sorted out.
Would love to return.
Thankyou Hilton Malta just what we needed after a horrid time with floods in uk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Judy D,

Thank you for your time.
Am sorry that whilst staying in our hotel, your experience had to be marred by some issues but am very glad to read that we were able to follow up and rectify the matter in no time.

I am grateful that you still would love to return to our hotel. I would be more than happy to assist you with your future bookings and to make sure that you future stays would be flawless.

My email address is annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com
Do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

im personally not so impressed . we had room no 421 under the reception and at the entrance of the 4th floor coridor, from friday to sunday(25.july-27july). we can hear all the noise above the floor til 2 am in the morning.the restaurant is close and they allow also weddings to use the hotels services . the restaurant have good food nothing to say about .
Another fact that was very bad for a "5" star hotel is that saturday after breakfast we went to a walk and come back to the room at around 12 30 noon , the room was not yet clean so i called reception they ensure someone wil come and clean it and that they are sorry the hotel is full so they are very busy , ok we took another walk (outside was sooooo hot ) so we came back gain at 14 30 and still no one camed to clean the room, so i called again at reception ... then finally someone camed at 15 was all ready .however even if the hotel is fully booked they must think at least guests wanna take a shower or take a nap, but however.....im sure there are lots of better options to stay in Malta .

Room Tip: do not take a room neat the elevators or stairs , to much noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank deea d

Dear deea d

Thank you very much for your time and for sharing your experience.
Am very sorry that your stay was marred with the above mentioned issues.

May I kindly ask you to contact me directly as I wish to have more feedback and a better understanding of the service shortfalls you encountered at the Hilton Malta.

I thank you once again and look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at the HIlton in Malta for a week from 11th July. Hotel staff were very professional and excellent at their jobs. Room was perfect, had huge balcony with view of marina. Requested a quiet room and this room met my expectations. Adult only pool very relaxing. Breakfast excellent choice and quality . Malta as a holiday destination lovely, everyone is friendly. Plan to return to the hilton next year all being well as we had such a relaxing time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Foxie6467,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
We are very glad to have met your expectations and look forward to welcome you next year.
Should you need any assistance prior to your arrival, do not hesitate to contact me on annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com

Kind regards from the Hilton Malta Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Le Meridien St. Julians
Le Meridien St. Julians
#6 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!