“Almost Perfect”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Saint Julian's
yorkshire
“Almost Perfect”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Small group of us stayed in July/August, had three executive sea view rooms (the view wasn't great, more of the indoor pool than the sea) so not sure if it is worth paying the extra for the view. Food in the Blue Elephant was delicious but not so good at the outdoor buffet, lounge snacks very good. Pool bar service good but not so good at the Beach Club - warm beer, no ice, no waiters around. Executive Lounge very busy, not enough seats nor glasses and drinks, did change the location of this to a bigger room later in the week. Denied a late check out as they were "overbooked" but if we paid 120 euros they could find us a room (which we had to do as our flight wasn't until 9.30pm) after paying for three rooms top price for 11 nights this just felt like penny pinching! Hired a boat and that was amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for new rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jonesYorkshire
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear jonesYorkshire,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel.
Am sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations.
We would have loved to make it perfect!
Your comments will be reviewed and shared with the Management Team for us to understand were and what we could have done better.

We do hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in us and to welcome you back to our hotel. We really care for our guests and we are always very disappointed when we fail to meet your expectations.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to hear from you in the near future

Guest RELATIONS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (991)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel & its facilities are very good and it is probably one of the best hotels in Malta you can stay at. The only things I could recommend would be chill-out music to be played at the pool area during the day time (especially for adults pool) and not so much noise before lunch time & dinner time when restaurant employees prepare the tables & cutlery to be used. That was really annoying when trying to relax at the pool.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Andreea I,

Thank you!
Following your recent stay here at Hilton Malta, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your kind comments

Andreea I your comments are highly appreciated. They help us to greatly monitor where improvement is needed. Your observations about the team being respectful to our in house guests will be brought to the attention of our Operations Manager for his immediate action. Sincere apologies for having marred your relaxation by this lack of attention from our side.

We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more visits!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We spent a week here and just returned home. As the main reason to visit Malta was our younger daughter's summer English course (we were mostly focused on choosing the school, not hotel0 and we had stayed in other Hiltons in many countries before, did not expect too much.
Pleasant surprise! This Hilton is a great one.

Attractive architecture, lovely interiors, very helpful staff members (literally everyone), spacious and clean room - everything is on a high level.

Food was very good and not much pricier comparing to town's restaurants. We fell in love with Gazebo restaurant where they serve evening buffet (different almost every night) and could not stop visiting it. It was a good deal for our family as well, as they offered it free for kids till 12 years old. Live music, sea breeze, great food and good wine - wonderfull combination in our opinion.
We have eaten in other Hilton restaurant - Bottega del Vino - once also: lovely menue, good quality and taste and attentive service.
Breakfast is extensive, we did not feel that we could not find anything desired.

Hotel has a great choice of pools, there are four of them plus a couple of small kids pools. Pools were fairly clean, though most guests did not take shower before entering water. Sunbeds are widely available except on weekends. A minor problem is that some people were enjoying pools coming from outside (we understand a few languages and learned how happy they were). Not sure if hotel management can prevent this.
Surprisingly (because no one mentioned it in reviews on this Hilton) we found the 'sea entrance' just behind one of the hotel pools. Not very comfortable may be, but what a pleasure it was to swim in a clean and fairly warm sea!

We liked concierge lounges on both 9th (offers breakfast, which is not so good as in main restaurant, and all day softdrinks, tea and coffee) and 3rd (pre-dinner drinks) floors.

Our room 555 was very comfortable and not too sunny, what was important during hot days. Sleep quality was excellent and daughter was absolutely happy with her sofa. We can not complain that bathroom was not good enough, but the glass door to toilet was a peculiarity...

Hotel front managers were very helpful, Claudio especially - the star of the team in our opinion.
Thanky you Hilton Malta, we come again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Irina94
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Irina94,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write in such detail about your experience in our hotel, the Hilton Malta! We are very glad to have met and exceeded your expectations!

Your comments on my colleague Claudio will be forwarded to our Human Resources department so that they recognise his very good work.

We look forward to welcome you for the second and for many more visits!

Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had a fantastic week in the Malta Hilton Hotel. Beautiful room with nice sea views, superb gym, delicious breakfast Buffett and 'über'- friendly staff.
The Pool area is divine - especially my massage treat!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MisssC123,

Thank you!
We are very happy and glad to read that you experienced a fantastic holiday in our "stunning! hotel.
The Hilton Malta Team looks forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more visits!

Basel
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I spent a week in Malta (first time), and I did not regret choosing the Hilton Malta for my stay. I had the most wonderful holiday in Malta, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the luxurious and comfortable Hilton Hotel.

Located in the lively area of St Julian's, the Hilton Malta is the perfect starting point for excursions to both Valletta or the other side (Mellieha Beach or Gozo). There are lots of bars, restaurants and clubs within walking distance, and the convenient bus station Ross is within a two-minute walk from the hotel, from where you can catch buses to most destinations.

To my surprise, I was upgraded to an executive room with sea views in the contemporary part of the hotel complex. My other requests (quiet room, high floor, away from the elevator etc.) were all granted as well. Check-in went smoothly and was completed within a few minutes.

The room itself was extremely spacious and relatively modern, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom massive (it came with a shower and a large, round bathtub). The balcony was lovely, overlooking twp of the pools and the sea. I even found a complimentary bottle of Prosecco in my room, as I had indicated I was celebrating a special occasion!

The breakfast buffet is rich, and whether you have full English or continental breakfast, you will be pleased about the great choice! You may also get a fresh omelette if you like, and if you get there a bit early (which I recommend, e.g. before 9am, when it gets busier), you can choose a table or also sit outside by the pool.

The facilities are great. The hotel boasts 5 pools, a gym, a spa area, a business centre and more - the use of all these facilities is included when you stay at the hotel. You will also get a towel card, which you can exchange for towels at the various pools and at the hotel gym. I particularly enjoyed the adult pool, which is a bit smaller, but also quieter than the larger pool, designed for families.

I had dinner at The Gazebo Restaurant one night, which was very good and resonably priced (€35,00 for a buffet, where you can eat as much as you like), but - to be honest - not the best meal I had in Malta. Still, I can recommend the place for its great atmosphere and great service.

The staff in general are extremely friendly and helpful - the concierge was very knowledgeable and always willing to help. So were the reception staff, who at one point reacted in a highly professional manner when I had problems with the internet connection.

Now, as for the internet: It is free in all public areas of the hotel, even outside by the pool. Unfortunately, it is extremely expensive (€45,00 for 5 days) if you want to have internet in your room. How this can be justified in 2014 remains a mystery to me, but as I did have some work to do, I purchased internet for 5 days. The connection was so bad and slow, I ended up cancelling my purchase and use the bar area at the lobby with my laptop.

Room Tip: If you prefer a more modern room, ask for one in the contemporary part of the building.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank uPtownCH
Dear uPtownCH,

Thank you and apologies for my being late in replying. Thank you for your detailed write up about your experience in our hotel.

uPtownCH, may I kindly ask you to contact me on annemarie.scicluna@hilton.com as I was very concerned in noting that the internet service provided was not up to standard. We have just upgraded our internet services and I would grateful if you could provide me with more feedback about the matter.

I thank you once again and look forwad to hear from you!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

They were verry helpfull and everything. The rooms were clean and they did a lot for you. Especcialy the Concierge was amasing.
I didn't like that the pools closed at 6pm, while usually we weren't even home by then. Also, there was a wedding every night, and therefor they closed surten parts of the hotel.
Besides that, great food, hygienic, beautifull view, very helpfull.
I loved my stay.

Room Tip: Our Room was near the pools. There was a wedding every night so you had music on your balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paula B
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Paula B,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday with us.
Your comments are highly appreciated. They help us and motivate us to do even better!

Am sorry that your stay was inconvenienced by music coming from the wedding. I do hope that this one issue did not affect the enjoyment of your whole stay and look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon!

Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed 6 days at Hilton Malta with family on our vacation. Had great time. They have great pools, fitness facilities, spa, etc. Thoroughly enjoyed. Though, table tennis rackets were all damaged, and table needs replacement. Breakfast was very boring, and same all 6 days.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank The_Lawns_Restaurant
Dear The_Lawns_Rest,

Thank you very much for your kind words.
Your observations on the breakfast we serve will he brought to the attention of the Executive Chef for any possible actions required.

Your comments are highly appreciated as they give us an overview of the services we provide and an eye opener to areas that need improvement.

We look forward to welcome you back for many more visits!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Hotel Juliani
#2 of 32 in Saint Julian's
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,334 reviews
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!