“Had a great stay - book early to get the best sea views though”
Review of Hilton Malta

Hilton Malta
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Had a great stay - book early to get the best sea views though”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed 9 nights at the Hilton at St Julians in Malta and had a great time. The hotel is in a fabulous location on the island and close to some excellent restaurants as well as the Paceville district for those who likes to party. The hotel lives up to Hilton's normal standards, is very well presented, has high quality decorated rooms and a good gym and spa. Breakfast buffet is very good, the chef that does the omlette's prepares them very well. The pool area's are very well maintained and there is plenty of room, especially at the Beach Club. The staff are very helpful and very friendly (like just about everyone in Malta) in all areas of the hotel. We would certainly stay at this hotel again. My only advice is to book early and if you specify a sea-view make sure you ask for a room that overlooks the pool as our room had a very restricted view of the sea. Not a major complaint but worth bearing in mind.

Room Tip: My only advice is to book early and if you specify a sea-view make sure you ask for a room that over...
1 Thank tbuae999
alastair_morin, Front Office Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear tbuae999,

Thank you for your review posted on trip advisor.

Your nice comment on the location of the hotel and the service provided by our team is much appreciated. we are also delighted to read that you had the occasion to enjoy the omelette of our chef during breakfast.

if travels bring you back to Hilton Malta, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can ensure that the view from your room suits perfectly your needs.

With my kind regards,

Front Office manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,015)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bracknell, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I booked four rooms at this hotel for my family holiday. Without even asking they got three rooms together which was nice. The hotel has a great setting on the coast with sea views every morning. The hotel can’t take credit for the weather but the location means that when it is sunny (all the time in our case) you really enjoy it. The pool complex was great with plenty of pools, the restaurants varied in choice but all good quality and the service good everywhere. We had access to the executive lounges which did a wide variety of things from breakfast to afternoon tea to evening drinks with food. The rooms were spacious and in the main very clean but we did have an issue with one room where the previous person must have been sick and it took them a long time to counter the smell next to the bed.
The concierge comes in for a special mention as he is very keen to be helpful and fixed up a couple of trips for us. The dolphin trip was by far the best.
If you are looking for a swish upmarket and friendly holiday spot you can’t go wrong with this place and I can certainly think of us returning next year.
Grumbles would be few, I think the room towels could be fluffier like they are in Scandinavian Hilton hotels and the lift system takes a bit of getting used to but overall the hotel was clearly in the good category working its way towards excellent.

Room Tip: Wi fi is free if you are a Hilton Honors member. I would go for a sea view every time and as high up...
Dear Chris O,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Malta familly stay experience on tripadvisor.

I am so delighted to read that we have been able to accomodate your familly rooms next to each other. i can read that you had the occasion to enjoy the nice view from our Executive Lounge where you have enjoyed your breakfast, afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks.

I regret to read about the smell in one of the room. I trust that our team made their best to resolve this issue in order for you to enjoy the rest of your stay. please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Your nice feedback regarding the quality of food has been shared with our executive chef and I will be delighted to congratulate our concierge for the service and guidance he provided you to organise your visits around the island.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your familly back.

Warm regards,

Alastair morin
Front office manager
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

15 night stay at the Hilton. Service and friendliness from the staff was very good. Food excellent as were the facilities such as the swimming pools. Rooms well air-conditioned and maintained. Easy access to public and private transport.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Graham B
Dear Graham B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to read that your 15 nights stayed with us was enjoyable and met your expectations , I have forwarded your nice comment to our team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for another long stay.

Feel free to contact me for any future reservation or assistance needed.

Kind regards,
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Amazing good food, especially the breakfast!
Staff is very helpful and know the perfect balance between service and not being annoying!
This stay made me consider going to other Hilton hotels! I love it

Room Tip: Take the sea/harbor view room!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dries V,

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience with us.

our team will be really proud to hear about your nice feedback on the service you have received.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Malta.

Warm regards,

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Booked the expensive executive relaxation room. The room I believe is their most up to date modern room within the hotel. It has a bedroom and separate bathroom, both with large double glass sliding doors with view of the rocky coast. The bathroom has a jetted shower and a free standing bath. Best time to have a bath is morning time where you can relax and soak yourself, glass doors wide open with the sun shining in. However the room is situated at the rear of the hotel ie:, car park and access for water trucks, rubbish trucks etc. Along with this, on Fridays and Saturdays you get hoards of youths heading down to the rocks to drink. The noise from them is very disturbing going well into the night and morning and this is called the relaxing room that one pays a lot of money for. The hotel receptionist know about it but can do nothing to stop it. We had to move to another ex room. The ex lounge is okay but not great with no breakfast provided. However we still love the Malta Hilton for its great gym and indoor pool and table tennis with is free to use in a lobby next to the gym and pool area, although the Sorrento Hilton and executive lounge is by far a lot better for rooms and executive lounge as well as close to lovely Sorrento.

Room Tip: The panoramic executive room is nice and large with really good views to a degree all round, much qu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank scotty528
Dear Scotty 528,

Greetings from Malta ! Thank you for reviewing on tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that you had the occasion to enjoy the design and the beauty of our relaxation suite however I am distressed to learn that you had to change room during your stay because of the location and the noise coming from outside, I am happy that our team has organised an alternative room for you but apologiesfor any inconvenience caused .

Thank you for your nice comment on our indoor pool and gym, I am glad that you had the time to enjoy our indoor facilities.

I regret that the breakfast in our Executive Lounge did not met your expectations, may I ask some of your time and ask you to contact me to have more details about your experience during breakfast?

With my kindest regards,

Alastair.Morin@hilton.com
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The position of the hotel is perfect. Sea view rooms are amazing and the personnel is friendly and, of course, well speaking English language.
Near the hotel there are a lot of shopping stores but also a lot of very good restaurants with eclectic foods, starting with international style until local dishes.
Chapter One, Hard Rock Café, 22 Tower and BarCelona Bar all of them are close to the hotel and you’ll feel like in a Heaven to the Earth.

Room Tip: Ask please for a sea view room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Stoica D
Anne Marie S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Stoica D,
Thank you!

Your comments are highly appreciated! We are very happy that your stay at the Hilton Malta was a pleasant one and we do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for many more visits!

Kind regards
Anne Marie Scicluna
Guest RELATIONS
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have just spent 9 night at The Hilton with my friend. The staff was just the best that I have experienced, from the Duty Manager to the Cleaners at the pool side facilities. We were welcomed with a refreshing drink and a pleasant smile. We ate at the Gazebo resturant and again the staff were fantastic, the food varied and well presented. We had a Marina view which was prefect and very quite. The rooms were presented clean and kept clean throughout our say.

I used the gym and the indoor pool a few times which was well presented and room for everyone who was using it.

I had an incident and slipped on the rocks just outside the grounds. When the staff found out they could not be more helpful. They offered to get the doctor after giving me first aid, which I refused as I was flying the next day. As it transpired I had broken my leg but was happy to get back to the UK, but I am comforted the believe they would have gone out of their way to help me.

Thanks to all the staff at the Hilton who made my first trip to Malta fantastic

Room Tip: Floor 8 Marine Voew was perfect
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Barrybroon
Dear barrybroon,

Firstly, we wish you a fast recovery!

Thank you for staying with us. We are very happy to have made your first stay on the Maltese islands, a fantastic one and look forward to welcome you back for the second and for many more visits.

Your kind comments are highly appreciated. They make us feel proud that we have, another time, made our guests feel welcome and respected in our hotel.

Hope to see you soon.

#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 28 in Sliema

Been to Hilton Malta? Share your experiences!