5,384 results
All reviewsblue elephantquarterdeck barthe executive loungeoceana restaurantmarina viewbeach clubportomaso marinaexcellent hotelduty managermain poolmain restaurantlarge balconyst juliansoverlooking the seapublic areaslarge hotelmini bar
Reviewed 1 December 2017

The Hilton hotel Resort in Sint Julian, Malta used to be a really great and fantastic hotel to stay.However since a few years the standards are going down, because of savings they want to make: especially when it comes to quality of the food (!!!!), cleanliness, choice of drinks in the lounge, canapes in the lounge ...
It is not the first time when we were there (November) that the rooms were too cold. (Upon arrival - to make it even 'better' - the airco was set on 18°C !). No heating, no extra blanket !! The hotel, after insisting, provides a ridiculous small heater, which of course cannot warm up the room. Some windows don't close perfectly, so when staying in a room with seaview, and there is a strong seabreeze (or worse, a storm), it is freezing cold at night. Staff changes so frequently, that even if you go 2 months in a row, you hardly see familiar faces, which of course results in less good service. Rooms are remodeled but not for the better. I really wouldn't call it a "Resort" anymore !! But I admit, there are always some excellent Staff members who really try to solve each problem.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Marika_121, Duty Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear 777hendrika,

Thank you very much for staying with us once again and taking a moment to share feedback on your stay with us.

I can see through your review that we may not have fully met your expectations and that we could have provided a better overall experience during your stay in our hotel.

Be assured that I made a note of your remarks and have cascaded them to the appropriate heads of departments in order to avoid any similar errors in the future.

At Hilton Malta, we consider guest satisfaction to be of a paramount importance and I hope you will give us the opportunity to rectify.

Kindly contact me either via e-mail on marika.caruanasmith@hilton.com once your future booking is made as I would like to personally look into the reservation for you and make sure not only to meet but exceed your expectations.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again at the Hilton Malta.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

From the welcome, to the house keeping staff, to the waiting staff at breakfast, everyone so friendly and attentive. Beds are incredibly comfortable. The bars, pool and lobby areas very pleasant and relaxing and the hotel is great location for exploring the island.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

My first visit to Malta and this Hilton but can’t see it being my last. We were checked in and out by mandos(sp) and his warmth and charm and hospitality set the tone for the stay.

We ate at the blue elephant about 2 hours after checking in and it’s 5* like everything else in the hotel.

The room was amazing and I was upgraded to executive level due to my loyalty status which was very appreciated as it gave me and my friend access to the executive lounge.

The staff and setting and hospitality of the lounge was attentive but not needy was just the right balance and the lovely staff are so great and always genuinely smiling..

The view from my bedroom was overlooking the marina at St Julian’s and was wow, and the view the other side is of the ocean I believe and that would have been lovely too. Perhaps next time

Whilst we stayed the concierge booked a trip for us to Gozo and the blue lagoon and arranged for a car to collect us from the airport to the hotel and back for a reasonable €70 total and was 20 min each way..

You must stay here if considering coming to Malta.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Robert V, Robert Vella Duty Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear kmw4121,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Malta and taking a moment to share feedback on your stay with other travellers.

I am delighted to see that overall you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you had a wonderful overall experience in our hotel. Our team takes great pride in your feedback and all your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future. Until then, on the behalf of everyone at Hilton Malta, I wish you all the best.

Yours Sincerely,
Robert Vella
Duty Manager

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I don’t usually leave comments on TripAdvisor but after this experience, I feel it is worth taking the time. I travel a lot and out of every hotel I’ve been to, this hotel is one of the best hotels for customer service. To give you some exemple, I asked for 2 rooms on the same floor : the hotel was booked but they made it happen. I got sick and I had a doctor on the line within 5 minutes. The concierge was amazing. He found us tickets to the sold out Hypogeum site. I don’t have enough room to continue.

The waiters and staff are wonderful. The setting is calm and relaxing and the brunch is very copious.

Definitely recommend this hotel! Ten thumbs up!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Marika_121, Duty Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear A P,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Malta and taking a moment to share you feedback on your stay with other travellers.
We are pleased to hear you were very wowed by our hotel and found our staff very friendly and helpful. Our team takes great pride in your feedback and all your comments.
Thank you for recommending us so highly and hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again soon. Until then, on the behalf of everyone at Hilton Malta, I wish you all the best!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

We are arrived on Friday.....at 1300 hours and our Room was ready ....and we also got an upgrade from a King Executive Room with Marina View to a King Studio Suite with Sea View, the young Lady Deborah, at the front desk .... was really amazing and Excellent at Customer Service and a true professional with a very pleasant manner and personality .......my wife just mentioned it in passing that it was our 22nd Wedding Anniversary on Saturday to Deborah.

She made sure that our Room was decorated and also had some complimentary desserts delivered to us......... We would like to thank the Management and Staff of The Hilton Malta, for making our Stay an excellent one and we can’t wait to return.

The Executive Lounge was really exquisite.........The food was excellent and the service 1st Class......Kashmira, Andras, John and Miriam in the Executive Lounge are amazing......

The view from our Room was really lovely and thank you very much Doris from House keeping for your exquisite and amazing Towel Art...... it’s a real master piece.

The only regret we have is that ....The Weekend was just too short, and the time just flew by.....it’s definitely a place we would recommend 100% without any reservations.

And we would once again like to Thank all the Staff for an Excellent stay, Diogo, Deborah, Andras, Miriam, Kashimira, John and Doris.....you Guys Rock.......

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank surajudeen g

Dear surajudeen g,

Thank you for recommending us so highly and hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again soon. Until then, on the behalf of everyone at Hilton Malta, I wish you all the best and once again Happy 22nd Anniversary!

Kind Regards,