Just arrived back after spending 9 nights at the Vivaldi.
The reception area is very pleasant,spacious and clean. We made our way to our superior room (which cost us extra),and this is where the disappointment began.
The bedding was full of holes, the bath was mouldy,the strange balcony door did not close (balcony being an unusual word for a tiny ledge!).
I complained immediately to reception, who after a short while told me that we could move to an 'upgraded' room. The only actual upgrade was a tiny balcony. The bath area was still mouldy, dirty black marks over one of the bedroom walls,ripped and stained bedding,no room safe and dirty carpets. As this was the only other room available,we had to accept it.
One positive point was the sea view,which,if you ignored the large sunken car park opposite the room, was actually quite nice.
Breakfast was okay, the large restaurant having plenty of seating. The quality of the breakfast was okay too,although avoid the fruit juices...they were awful!
Also, if you hire a car,don't use the hotel car park at EUR8-10 per day,use the sunken car park opposite,it's EUR2.50 per day and secure too.
The hotel is on the edge of Paceville, ideal for lots of noisy nightlife and bars,not good if you're after a quiet holiday.
Overall, I wouldn't stay there again unless I found a real bargain price.The place just needs updating and cleaning,the poorly lit landings hide lots of filth!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel - International Standards, local flavours. An unmatched option for business and leisure travellers in the heart of Malta's popular district, St. Julian's. Situated very close to the sparkling sea, the hotel promises stunning views and a genuine Mediterranean atmosphere. It is also very close to a number of amenities including the casino, cinema, bowling alley, tennis courts, shops, restaurants and banks. The hotel has 263 elegant rooms - many with panoramic sea views. We offer three dining options within the hotel - Antonio's , our main restaurant, Rhapsody Cafe and Settimo Cielo - our rooftop a la carte eatery which is open during the summer. Thanks to the magical atmosphere of our roof deck and our excellent in house facilities, we are proud to be a top choice for business meetings, functions & Weddings in Malta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, LateRooms, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Saint Julians
- Saint Julians Golden Tulip
- Vivaldi Hotel Malta
- Golden Tulip Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Golden Tulip
- Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel Malta